ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going for 5 nights in Dec. I have a MK view room. Do all of those rooms have a balcony or do I need to request a specific area? I really want a balcony instead of just viewing out of my window. Any specific rooms that someone has had that was very nice?

No, they don't - the second floor rooms do not have balconies. You should either request first (for a patio) or third floor (for balcony). All of the longhouses have their fans, it really depends on what you're looking for ie. close to the GCH, close to TTC etc.

A lot of people prefer Tahiti because it is close to the TTC, is one of the newer longhouses, so the rooms are slightly larger & the bathroom has two sinks. Others like Tuvalu because it is smaller and close to the GCH.

Do the rooms on the 3rd floors that have balconies cost more?

They do not cost more! Rooms are garden view, water view, theme park view, garden club level, and Theme park view club level. With prices according to cat. It is the luck of the draw whether you get a patio or balcony. Some second floor rooms do not have balcony.

I can't believe what has happened in the last 3 days. We live in the middle of nowhere, our modem got possessed,:scared1: and I couldn't get to the local phone company until today...then I had to drive 68km to get a new router,:headache: and now I am finally back online!:wave2:

Thank you breezysmom for the wonderful work on this thread!:jumping1:

Wow I am just full of questions today, so now I am looking at club level. I see they have jogging strollers, can you take these to the parks or just around the resort? If you can take them to the parks does anyone know how quickly they are taken? It would be great to leave our stroller at home.

Thanks, BreezysMom!!! I am lurker here, but love reading this every day!!! We are going April 27th-May 3rd in a GV...hoping for Fiji!!! We have not stayed at the Poly since before the kids were born, and I am soooo excited. Never had a Dole Whip and can't wait to try one!!!

T-15 hours and counting till we leave our house to head to the Poly!!! SO VERY EXCITED does not even begin to cover how we are feeling right now.
Still bunches left to finish. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info here on the DIS.

T-15 hours and counting till we leave our house to head to the Poly!!! SO VERY EXCITED does not even begin to cover how we are feeling right now.
Still bunches left to finish. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info here on the DIS.

:cloud9: Have a FABULOUS time, and take TONS of pics!!!

Oh, I'd never stay in that rat-trap. Tuvalu is crap ... ;)
:rotfl2:

no doubt. I saw rats, dust, mold, and mystery stains on the carpet. Not to mention the Lewis and Clarkesque hike to the TTC and the BOOMING sounds of the Luau right next door.

The suites are not listed for rental online you must call to make arrangements. I must warn you they are like the high roller suites in Vegas! Very pricey, however they are absolutley gorgeous! Spacious it is considered concierge level. One advantage of the suites is you are pretty much in a building by yourself and they are two steps from the GCH!

Which longhouse is it that has the suites?

Thanks, BreezysMom!!! I am lurker here, but love reading this every day!!! We are going April 27th-May 3rd in a GV...hoping for Fiji!!! We have not stayed at the Poly since before the kids were born, and I am soooo excited. Never had a Dole Whip and can't wait to try one!!!

We love Dole Whip! I was so excited to find out that it is available at the Poly and no where else besides MK. I am going to have to put my kids on a Dole Whip ration....one per day :)

Wow I am just full of questions today, so now I am looking at club level. I see they have jogging strollers, can you take these to the parks or just around the resort? If you can take them to the parks does anyone know how quickly they are taken? It would be great to leave our stroller at home.

When we stayed CL level last year we did not see any strollers nor were they offered to us, not sure if this is something new, but I had never heard of it before.

I've been taken over by nostalgia! We stayed at Poly in May 2008 (upgraded from garden view to MK view when they didn't have a room for us at the check-in time) and again in May 2009 (MK view because we were hooked!), and we loved it. We decided we needed to branch out this year, so we're staying at AKL (with our car), but I have a special place in my heart for Poly! I never went to Disney as a kid (!), so my memories are all relatively new ones, and Poly is a big part of that.

:)
Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter