Almost Time -

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
I know the people who post here will understand ;) cause I am driving everyone else batty. I leave on Saturday for my Alpine Magic trip and I am getting super excited. I ordered Euros and Swiss Francs from my bank today and the branch will have them tommorow!!! I only got a small amount but I didn't want to go with no local currency in case something happened and I needed money before I would be able to find a ATM in Stresa. I have downloaded stuff to my Ipod Touch as well as my e reader so I am all set for the plane. The only issue I have is I can't find my compact camera:headache: I have tossed my house upside down, inside out and backwards and I can't find it. I will have to buy another one but I know when I buy it I will find mine, isn't that always the way. I am going to wait until friday and then I will go and buy one if I haven't found my camera yet. I still have to pack, I have most of the clothes I want to take in a laundry basket. I am waiting for the weather forcast for next week to finalize my clothing, while temps have been nice in Stresa and Luzern it has been quite chilly in Zermatt with the forcast for a high temp tommorow of only 42F that is chilly.

Well now that I have gotten that off my chest I hope everyone else leaving shortly has a great vacation!!!

Have a great trip, Tozzie! I hope you find your camera! I know that is frustrating! I hope you get your laundry done. It is a great idea to watch the weather forecast before packing. I can't wait to read about your trip. Have a fantastic time.

We are leaving in one month, but I am super excited and wearing out my computer looking for information! I keep going to Target to pick up "one more thing". I think the planning is almost as much fun as the trip! Well...maybe not...

I feel behind on planning for this trip! Normally (WDW trips), I begin packing a month or two out. This time, I haven't even started thinking about what to take. I told DH that I think I like going to WDW b/c a Mickey shirt is great for every day. Not so sure about what to wear in Philly & D.C. I've found some cute patriotic t-shirts, but I don't really want to look too 'touristy' the whole time. :rotfl2:

I feel behind on planning for this trip! Normally (WDW trips), I begin packing a month or two out. This time, I haven't even started thinking about what to take. I told DH that I think I like going to WDW b/c a Mickey shirt is great for every day. Not so sure about what to wear in Philly & D.C. I've found some cute patriotic t-shirts, but I don't really want to look too 'touristy' the whole time. :rotfl2:

Make sure you have something nice for dinner at the Mayflower.Dumb me had shorts and a nice t-shirt talk about feeling out of place.But the wait staff and the guides didn't say a word and they acted like I was in a suit and tie.Won't make that mistake this time.You guys are going to have some much fun I always forget something never fails no matter how much I plan.

Have a great trip Tozzie. We are 2 weeks behind you. I think the weather on this excursion creates a packing challenge. Even in late June/early July the temp in Zermatt doesn't seem to get much warmer than mid to high 50's. Whereas Lucerne and Stresa are in the high 70s/low 80s. For us, tacking on Paris at the end adds an even greater spread in temp. All in all, still a pretty good challenge to have:). Hope you find your camera. We plan on bringing two just in case (a point and shoot and an SLR).

I know the people who post here will understand ;) cause I am driving everyone else batty. I leave on Saturday for my Alpine Magic trip and I am getting super excited. I ordered Euros and Swiss Francs from my bank today and the branch will have them tommorow!!! I only got a small amount but I didn't want to go with no local currency in case something happened and I needed money before I would be able to find a ATM in Stresa. I have downloaded stuff to my Ipod Touch as well as my e reader so I am all set for the plane. The only issue I have is I can't find my compact camera:headache: I have tossed my house upside down, inside out and backwards and I can't find it. I will have to buy another one but I know when I buy it I will find mine, isn't that always the way. I am going to wait until friday and then I will go and buy one if I haven't found my camera yet. I still have to pack, I have most of the clothes I want to take in a laundry basket. I am waiting for the weather forcast for next week to finalize my clothing, while temps have been nice in Stresa and Luzern it has been quite chilly in Zermatt with the forcast for a high temp tommorow of only 42F that is chilly.

Well now that I have gotten that off my chest I hope everyone else leaving shortly has a great vacation!!!

If you can't find your camera try and get one close to your old one so the learning curve will be small,It's not lost it's were you put it last time you used it.Have funny :banana:

If you can't find your camera try and get one close to your old one so the learning curve will be small,It's not lost it's were you put it last time you used it.Have funny :banana:

I had a sony cybershot, I already bought sony memory cards so I will be getting another sony as I already spent the money on the memory cards. Luckily there is a Sonystyle store in the mall near me.

2 girls mama I don't have laundry to do thank goodness, I just put the clothes there to hold until I pack the suitcase.

RSM yes packing is a challenge as I really didn't want to bring jeans, they take up too much weight in the suitcase but with 40 and 50 degree temps I have to rethink that.

Have a wonderful trip Tozzie! I can certainly sympathize with the craziness of getting ready for a trip and the unpredictable weather just makes it that much crazier. Unless I make a list, I always forget something. Alpine Magic is at the top of my list for next year, so I'm anxiously awaiting your trip report!

Have a great trip Tozzie. This trip looks incredible and is certainly in my future plans provided ABD doesn't do away with it, but it seems popular, so I'm crossing my fingers. Good luck finding your camera. If you do find it after you buy a new one, take both just in case. You can always return the new one when you get back.

As far as packing, it's always a challenge because of the uncertainty. One thing we were glad we packed were a couple of small umbrellas and we just carried them in the backpack when there was a chance of rain.

I too am looking forward to your trip report when you return.

Can't wait to hear about this one, Tozzie! I only have one other client booked on this trip this year, and I'm sure she'll be looking for your posts as well!

Did you find your camera? I have a small Casio Exilem and a wonderful Canon Digital Rebel, but without the boys this year to carry the big one around for me, I went out and bought a Nikon Coolpix P100. I really do love cameras. :) This one has a 26x optical zoom, so I'm very excited!

Funny story for those of you who have met me and know my husband. And for those who haven't... he is a very sweet and extremely intelligent guy, but still after 35 years, occasionally struggles with the English language. I showed him one of the photos I had taken of a license plate almost three blocks away (really!), and in an amazed voice he said, "Wow! With this camera you can be a pooping tom!"

Sorry to steal your thread, Tozzie. It just makes me laugh every time I think of it. :)

Dotti

Have you checked to see if you already packed the camera? Feels like something I'd do!

Have you checked to see if you already packed the camera? Feels like something I'd do!

No such luck I found it was missing last week when I was ordering extra batteries for my camcorder and cameras I wanted an extra battery for it but I couldn't find it and this was before I started to getting anything together to pack. Thanks for the thought though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter