(Almost) Solo in May - Update 11/17 - Not sure if I'd call that Pixie Dust!

That towel was popular on our girls trip, I think several of the ladies got it! It was nice and soft...though did inspire a weird remark to Melissa. :rotfl:

Great goodies you got there. Isn't it wonderful to shop without kids and men?

Oh my goodness, I love those Sour Cherry Balls. Mmmm. I could so go for those right now!

I have to say that the food courts at the Values are one of the reasons I like staying Value, I think they have the most variety and choices.

I'm not alone in my Sour Cherry Ball addiction! :yay: Aren't they wonderful? I eyed them the entire two weeks during Feb/March and finally bought some on one of our last days---I was VERY happy to be picking up some more in May! (and August!)

The Value food courts are awesome, I completely agree. A few of the Deluxes are okay, but the Values blow 'em away.

You always have problems with your mail. I am think the ups guy is enjoying those ymmuy treats. LOL!
I got that watch this Aug. The last day after Patty left Epcot, I stupidly went into Mousegears. I bought a few more items (after all I had just bought a new suitcase :banana:) and got the watch as well. I didn't "need" it, as I had also bought the giraffe print one on the 1st day, but it was too cute to refuse. And I wear it a lot, but misplaced it recently. I'll find it though. it's just where did I take it off? :rolleyes1

I hate our P.O.! Today I mailed 2 boxes to clients and put insurance on them-just in case. They BETTER get there. :mad:

Mouse Gear is a very dangerous store. We have, miraculously, made it out of there with very little, but I know how tricky it can be. :laughing:

That stinks that the stuff got lost in the mail.

Will you stop posting pictures of yummies and making me want to try them!!!! Tell me more about these cherry sour balls. Are they chewy? They are kind of scaring me. They look like cherry tomatoes and I hate tomatoes. I want to try them but I don't know if I can get over their resemblance to tomatoes. :rotfl:

Yes! The Sour Cherry Balls are chewy. They have a candy coating on the outside, but are soft inside. They aren't too sour, just a touch. So very yummy! You should buy a bag, and if you don't like them, mail me the rest. :laughing:

But no, they are NOTHING like tomatoes! :lmao:

They lost the coconut patties?!?!!!! NOOOOO!!! tragedy!!

I bought that beach towel as well. It IS super nice!!

I know! It's was horrible! 2 boxes of coconut patties AND a CD. :headache: Not a cheap loss, and Jessica is without the glorious patties!

Oooh...I love that watch and beach towel. I hope they have something similar when we get there next week. :goodvibes

Now why would the ice cream cookie cost more at the resort than the park????

You got a lot of great goodies, Brook.

I hope they have it too! The beach towel is extra nice. I like that the watch is just simple too, I can wear it with any color.

We got a couple boxes of those coconut mickey heads---yummm--on our last trip! Delicious:goodvibes I cant believe they got lost in the mail. I think they they had x-ray machines and someone took them because they are so good! I eyeballed those beach towels so many time too....but never purchased one:sad2: They looked very nice:thumbsup2 Cant wait to read more:)

I would not doubt if the box some how split and a worker helped himself! I hate to even think that, but where else would they have gone?! We have both checked with our PO. I made ours go back and search, he could tell I was NOT a happy customer. :laughing:

We also purchased that beach towel in April. I'm only sorry we didn't get two, because DH seems to think he can use it.:rolleyes1 Boo for forgetting the AP discount, well, here's hoping that more shopping was done and that baby came in handy!

I do like the larger than life icons at Movies. We have never stayed there, but it seems like a nice alternative to POP, especially since they are under refurb.

:rotfl: about your DH using the towel! That sneak....;) I guess you'll have to pick up another one, or two on your upcoming trips!

Movies had a great feel, it's smaller than Pop, which is nice. It feels very Disney - if you know what I mean.

the theming in that food court is pretty cool!
i have to admit, dh being around keeps my shopping in check too...

Isn't it neat? I really liked it. Very clever!

I had NO idea my DH kept me in check, he never ever ever says not to buy something - he usually encourages me and I'm the cheapskate who puts things back, but without him to even bounce an idea off of the money was flying out of the wallet! :laughing:

Got the bat signal but just getting over here. I peeked and saved it off but finally got to posting.

I am at work so I can't see your pics. So I will have to look again when I get home.

I am staying at sports this go around so hopefully I will get some walk around time. :goodvibes

I hope you enjoy Sports! It has some really cute sections too. I wish I would have had time to explore all 3 All Stars, I meant to, but it just didn't happen.

Shopping right on day one! Loves it!!!

:laughing: And day two, three and four. :rolleyes1

Wow love the icons too!!!

YAY for Disney shopping, it is a lot of fun to do!!!! I also enjoy the variety at the food courts!! Glad you guys had a good evening!

I really enjoy the Value food courts, they are fantastic. I miss them a bit at the Deluxe resorts - though a few of them have pretty good options too.

Finally got to see all the great pictures.

Delta- I feel that way about USAIR- hub is in Charlotte but the flights are usually more expensive. I did get to fly USAIR last Oct and well that was a interesting trip.

I need to get the picture of the bus stop. No standing?!?!? How DO you wait for the bus??? :confused3 :lmao: Sit? Dance, skip??? :lmao:

You must hop.

On one leg.

:rotfl:

You know what that means really, right???

When I first moved here, I didn't! I thought the signs were hilarious!

We loved the food choices at Movies, maybe even more than Pop. One of my fondest memories is coming in form Epcot after Illuminations and sharing a banana split with DH at Movies.:cloud9:

Shopping is always fun. I spend more money when DH isn't around. We love the cherry sours too. We got them for the first time in the big tent in Toontown. I'm a sucker for the specials too. Those backpacks came in handy bringing stuff back in 2009.(DH wasn't with me on this trip)

A banana split?! I missed that! I really liked the ice cream area at Movies though - they should add that to the other Values.

Another Sour Cherry Ball lover! :yay: Aren't they lovely???

In August they had a really nice backpack but I didn't get it. We have SO many bags around the house. I WANTED it, but I resisted. :laughing:

Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. No excuses needed!
I really wish I had picked up a few of those red beach towels when we were there!:headache: I think I bought everything else.

:rotfl2: There is a LOT of shopping (for me) on this TR! It's fun though, I have really enjoyed all my purchases.

I hope they still have the beach towel for you in a few weeks! The resorts still had it in August, but the parks had a backpack and something else.

You must hop.

On one leg.

:rotfl:

You know what that means really, right???

When I first moved here, I didn't! I thought the signs were hilarious!

I am a New Yorker Remember???;) I know they mean no standing for cars but really on the bus stop sign. There are so many where English is not their first language and well that could mean some interesting results. :lmao:

I like the ones that are
No standing
No Stopping
No Parking
No kidding
This means you
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have meant to update this week - but have been VERY busy with work. It will slow down again in a couple weeks, I plan to get back here before then and squeeze in an update. :goodvibes

Meanwhile, if you have not yet, PLEASE VOTE FOR CAREN! Our fellow DISer, MeMom, has entered a contest called "My Classroom Went Disney" and she very, very, very much deserves to win. She's a fantastic woman, whom I have had the pleasure of meeting, and she pours her heart and soul into her work. She changes the lives of these kids - and for the better. She works in a school where many kids are at or below the poverty line. She not only deserves, but NEEDS this win!

It only takes a second and does not require registration: #2, Caren: VOTE HERE

Spread the word!!
Voting ends Saturday. If you can, vote from your phone/iPad, etc. when not connected to your home wi-fi. Have your spouse vote while at work. Have all his/her co-workers vote. Call up your long-lost cousin and have him vote. :teeth:

Good start! I hopped over here from your Feb/March TR. The ASMovies decor is pretty cool. We love pop but if we ever have to do an All Star resort again (did the ASMu family suites last trip) I think we'll try ASMovies!

thanks for posting that Brook! OK - MeMom - voting accomplished!!!!!!

I will be doing replies later today, but wanted to get this update in while I have a few minutes to completely focus! I wanted to get this update done last week, but work has been busyyyyy with several clients traveling between late September and late October. I LOVE it though, so no complaints here!

We left off as Sarah and I had fallen asleep after our arrival day. Our plan for the next day was to hit AK and then MK. We decided to sleep-in a bit, by 9:00 AM I was eating this

IMG2916-L.jpg

That's a good way to start any trip, right???

But first, a few resort pictures from our walk to the food court...

IMG0086-L.jpg

IMG0087-L.jpg

The palm trees were shedding during my entire visit - HUGE pieces of the trunks would be all over the resort. I had no idea palm trees even did that!

IMG0088-L.jpg

Any time I entered our section, I thought about how much Henry would be freaking out about all the car stuff and running around those tires.

IMG0092-L.jpg

Okay, let's eat!

IMG0094-L.jpg

Sarah's choice.

You know a friend is a Friend when she lets you take pictures of her food.

IMG0095-L.jpg

Mine. I like breakfast!

I had purchased a refillable mug, so after we ate we quickly ran back to the room. All Star Movies is not a very large resort, so it only took a couple minutes. On the way...

IMG0097-L.jpg

We just had to walk through the hat and check it out from the inside!

IMG0099-L.jpg

IMG0100-L.jpg

And finally, out to the bus stop

IMG0102-L.jpg

I recall there being quite a line. And our wait was not short. We waited over 20 minutes. I wasn't all too pleased - it was warm, and I wanted Sarah to see the best of Disney in her short visit...not a great way to start off the trip!

However, eventually a bus did arrive and soon we were whisked off to Animal Kingdom.

IMG0103-L.jpg

It was busy.

IMG0104-L.jpg

IMG0106-L.jpg

We stopped to stare at the Tree of Life for a few minutes. Sarah recalled looking at it a bit during her honeymoon, but her husband is a GO-GO-GO type (to the max!) and so she never got a chance to really soak it in. So we did a bit now.

IMG0110-L.jpg

IMG0112-L.jpg

Where do you think we are headed?

Yes, you are correct!

IMG2921-L.jpg

Single Riders on Expedition Everest! Twice! Looooove that Single Riders Line.

IMG0114-L.jpg

IMG0115-L.jpg

IMG0126-L.jpg

IMG0117-L.jpg

IMG0133-L.jpg

Thru the gift shop

IMG0121-L.jpg

IMG0122-L.jpg

IMG0124-L.jpg

Breakfast at Disney YUMMY!! Love it!!!! It is very weird to see Palm Trees shed I will give you that!!!

Animal Kingdom!!! LOVE IT!!! EE!! Definitely a great way to start your morning!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY

The values really do have good food courts. ::yes::

Your pictures really make me want to make time in is on our very short October schedule to get over there for pictures again. Kay's granddaughter would enjoy seeing the Toy Story and Dalmatians things. The palm trees along the sidewalk there are beautiful - and especially so during a spring trip when all you've seen is bare trees for months on end.

Beach towels are a fairly common souvenir for us. We use them as bath towels, since they're nice and big, and we get a Disney fix every time we dry off.

Well, I get a Disney fix. Trent and Drew couldn't care less what is on the towels. I think they probably prefer more manly ones - plain navy blue or beige or whatever. :laughing:

I'm glad you got some focused shopping time in. :thumbsup2 Too bad about the missing candy. :sad1:

Movies is such a fun resort for the little ones. I am pretty certain we will stay there on a family trip for at least a few days in the future.

That is a great idea about the beach towels! What a fun way to make you smile every morning.

I love the coconut patties but had a hard time finding them in the box last time at Disney. I could only find the individual packs of two patties. I am glad they still have the boxes. I am sorry they got lost in the mail.

They were gone for a while! I had a very hard time in Feb/March finding some, and found TWO boxes at one of the CR gift shops-but that was it! I looked everywhere. I was so relieved to see them back in May.

Regular mail? My sister once noticed that she was getting her People magazine several days later than it appeared on news stands. She also thought it look rifled through. She complained to the post office manager who said "we don't read your mail ma'am"... and then suddenly, the next issue was right on time as have the others after it. Someone must have gotten a talking to. Unfortunately, someone probably ate them. :headache:

I've always loved the food choices at Pop. I never stayed at Movies, just Music. All those bright lights though, I think the decor would drive me insane.

I also bought the Beach towel on the last day that I was here, on the 25th, before we left for the Amtrak station we stopped off at DTD and shopped at WOD store. I got 2 of the beach towels, one for a Hanukkah gift for my friend's son. The daughter will get a 2011 Minnie with hoodie. I am debating keeping the beach towel. I have dozens of beach towels, I don't really need it, and they make great gifts. Maybe for my son in college? I didn't get the watch because I have about 7 Mickey watches already, and its $ keeping them in batteries... and I swear they all die at the same time. :sad2:

I have heard about that with magazines! :sad2: I sent in a complaint letter and got a form letter back. The last 2 boxes I sent I insured! I hate having to spend the extra money, but it's worth it in some cases. And you know what's even funnier - I get two subscriptions to magazines I have never even subscribed to. GQ and Town & Country. GQ! :rotfl:

The lights weren't bright - it seems like a lot, but they weren't even noticeable. Disney has it done just right. The decor of the All Stars is a little bright though, I agree...it grew on me by the end of my trip.

That's a great idea about sending the towels to your son in college. When I was in college I always purchased the cheapest towels possible and they were awful, obviously!

YUM! LOOVE the Chick- Fil-A! There is none in Minnesota but there was in Ohio, so I really miss Chik-Fil-A!

Minnesota NEEDS a CFA. They finally got Sonic, it's due for a CFA!

Thanks for the bat signal on FB! Be back soon to read and catch up!

Your welcome!

subscribing

::welcome::

Somehow I missed that you had started this Brook!! I'm still bummed that we just missed each other this trip - again!

I sent a bat signal out on Facebook, but I knew I had missed people - sorry about that! Glad you found me! :goodvibes I know--one of these days our trips WILL work!!!!! Maybe it will be at an AEP, wouldn't that be fun???

I am finally here and caught up!!! Love that you started shopping on day one! :thumbsup2

::weclome:: Jackie! Gotta start the trip out with a bang, right?

I have been following along on your other TR and didn't realize you had another until today! I'm doing an almost solo trip this weekend (as you know since you've stopped by my TR). Perfect timing...can't wait to hear more about it.

P.S. I need to find a job that lets me go to Disney for "research". :laughing:

It's the best kind of job! :rotfl2: I never mind working and spending time researching and fact finding, but the on-site visits are the best. ;) I am looking forward to the DCL "research", the DLP "research", the DLR "research" and hopefully, someday, the ABD!

I hope you had a fantastic almost solo trip - I need to get caught up again on everyone's TRs - I've fallen so far behind again.

How did I miss this? :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more about your solo trip. One good thing I will say about Delta is this: when they decided to no longer fly direct to MCO out of Hartford, they did refund our tickets. But it irritated me beyond belief that they sold me tickets for a direct flight, which they changed two weeks later! :confused3

Love all the shopping...no doubt I'd do a bit more of that myself if I went without the boys. :rotfl:

I was a bit quiet about it! I sent out a bat signal on Facebook, but I knew I had missed people - after a while of going through my friends I just sent it. I should put up a link on the other TR I suppose....! :laughing:

Oh wow, that's nice (and surprising) of Delta! How incredibly frustrating though to think you have everything set and then find out you don't. I try to avoid layovers too - they are annoying, and doubly exhausting with a little one it seems!

Movies is such a pretty resort. I love the video you did. I think you should post it for others who haven't seen it.

Ice cream sandwich looks delish!!!!!

Oh - I got that towel, too. I love it!

I will definitely post it, later in the trip I do a "picture tour", so when I get there, I'll post the link instead of all the pictures. It was a fun video to make, hopefully someday I will have something like that of all the resorts!

Late, but here now! I have so much catching up to do. The beginning of the school year has been quite hectic.

Ok, off to catch up!:surfweb:

Hey Jen!!! ::weclome:: It's been busy for us too - and we only have a child in PreK, I can only imagine how it is for teachers! Hopefully it calms down some for you!

All caught up! I don't like Delta either but glad you got on the earlier flight! I've never wanted to stay at All Stars but I love the look of that food court! Disney shopping is the best shopping!

Before I booked the trip I was hoping for Pop - but I'm glad I ended up where I did. It surprised me how much I enjoyed it. It's a very cute, and very well themed resort!

Oooooo, shopping! :cool1: I love me some Disney shopping! I don't usually buy much, but I do looooove to look! I almost always look for me a bag, and never find one I can settle on or convince myself I'll use enough to warrant the price of getting one. Silly, I know. I always have my standards though, it has to be something to commemorate the trip, always a magnet of the year we went (which turned out to be hard to find this last trip), and it almost always has to be something that I will use over and over again. The beach towel would fit nicely into this catagory. :goodvibes
I'm thinking I'm waaay to practical when I Disney shop! :laughing:

So far, good job on the TR! :thumbsup2 Although, I'm convinced I wouldn't want to stay there, it's just too much for me, :rolleyes: yes, I realize I sound like a total snob. :laughing: After being spoiled by the quiet at CSR, I don't know if I can go back to the hussle and bussle of the values, I need to save that for the parks! :yay:

I usually don't buy much either -- but this trip I was a wild woman! :laughing: I spent WAY more than I ever have on souvenirs. In August I was looking for a bag, wanting to buy one, but couldn't find one either that I knew I would use enough. So, I completely understand! I hate to waste money, and I'm very practical on how I Disney shop as well! I am NOT their target audience. :rotfl:

Naw, you don't sound like a snob. I completely understand on this front too. In August we stayed at Pop, then the Yacht Club (for just me), then OKW, it felt so good to finally get to OKW. I'm a VILLA snob, so even worse! :rotfl2: I liked the other resorts, but the Villa felt like home to me.

That towel was popular on our girls trip, I think several of the ladies got it! It was nice and soft...though did inspire a weird remark to Melissa. :rotfl:

Great goodies you got there. Isn't it wonderful to shop without kids and men?

Okay, a weird mark about a beach towel...hmmmm....I'm looking forward to this one. :lmao:

I am a New Yorker Remember???;) I know they mean no standing for cars but really on the bus stop sign. There are so many where English is not their first language and well that could mean some interesting results. :lmao:

I like the ones that are
No standing
No Stopping
No Parking
No kidding
This means you
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I thought I had remembered you were - so I was thinking you weren't serious! :rotfl: You are a "half-back" now, right? I could see myself becoming a resident of the south someday. I love NYC, but the older I get, the more I want the heat and palm trees!

LOVE the "No kidding, this means you!" that's so New York. Did you ever see these on my Facebook:

318785_10150786661175285_500090284_20313945_3388243_n.jpg

40146_10150298951295285_500090284_15437199_1269141_n.jpg

40123_10150299224570285_500090284_15442934_2459511_n.jpg

285548_10150714363750285_500090284_19414743_6623983_n.jpg

I love it here.

Good start! I hopped over here from your Feb/March TR. The ASMovies decor is pretty cool. We love pop but if we ever have to do an All Star resort again (did the ASMu family suites last trip) I think we'll try ASMovies!

What did you think of the ASMu Suites? We toured them in August and I thought they were GREAT! I'd love to stay there someday.

thanks for posting that Brook! OK - MeMom - voting accomplished!!!!!!

Voted! thanks for sharing

Voted! I loved all of those classrooms...wish I had a teacher whose room went Disney!

Thank you so much for voting! The race was close, but MeMom came in second. The winner was obviously a very well loved teacher, so I'm sure they are thrilled and excited. It's a bit of a bummer for our DIS community, but we did our best! Thank you for showing an incredible woman your support!

Breakfast at Disney YUMMY!! Love it!!!! It is very weird to see Palm Trees shed I will give you that!!!

Animal Kingdom!!! LOVE IT!!! EE!! Definitely a great way to start your morning!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY

I could seriously go for a big Mickey Waffle right about now. I looooove me a hot breakfast at Disney.

I had no clue the trees did that! It was so weird! GIANT pieces of it everywhere!

Everytime I see pictures of the value resorts, I feel like I am depriving my child of something because I don't want to stay at one. :lmao: I know he'd love the huge icons, but... well... I'm not sure I'd like a lot of the other things about them. :goodvibes Moving on... I love EE! So much fun, but don't know it will ever be as amazing as it was that very first time, when I had no idea what to expect and strongly suspected that my death might be imminent. :lmao:

Unfortunately, in July, the single line was not being used :confused3 and then I was a bit ill...so...no EE for me. And as much as I love AK, Mark isn't a huge fan and Max doesn't love live animals (other than dogs...dogs he loves) I think its the one thing we'll skip during our short trip in February.

But you're right...what a way to start the day! :thumbsup2

What did you think of the ASMu Suites? We toured them in August and I thought they were GREAT! I'd love to stay there someday.

We loved the suites! They were perfect for our group (DH and I took my 3 younger brothers ages 20,17,14). I wasn't a huge fan of the resort themeing (I like the giant character/movie icons like at POP) but we weren't there much at all so it didn't really matter. The room was great! Having 2 bathrooms was awesome, DH and I had our own space in the "bedroom", and the kitchenette was great just for the fridge. We always bring cereal along in our luggage. With the fridge we could buy milk in the gift shop at night and have it in the am for breakfast. We didn't really cook otherwise but we stored our snacks etc in the cabinets.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if I had a large enough group. Right now it's just DH and I so we don't need all the room but eventually with kids, we'd totally stay there again.

Nothing beats a Mickey waffle for breakfast!! YUMMY!!!

I love your pictures!! It looks so bright & sunny & lovely!!

Boo for no bus mojo. I hope that isn't a trend. Wow, a packed AK it is!:scared1: I think that park is the least maneuverable when crowded. Love the single rider line at EE! DH and I did that in April and we also went twice.

I'm glad you love your job, otherwise I'd have more to do for my March 2012 trip....:rolleyes1

Wow. Since I saw most of these pics on FB, I'm getting a healthy dose of deja vu now that I'm reading the TR. :rotfl: Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter