alligator bayou water view?

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

Can someone who has been tell me if you choose a water view room in the alligator bayou are you facing any ponds, or is the water view looking at the pool. I would rather look at a river/pond.

Any room recommendations.

Deb.

Yes you can be facing a pond or the pool. We used to get water views and one time they put us facing the pond. We wanted pool. They told us that either one was considered a water view. you actually get better water views facing a pond, because most of the pool views are obstructed by trees. You will enjoy it, as we used to until we joined DVC.

Just one guy's opinion, but... I'd be very reluctant to pay extra for a water view at a moderate. There are no balconies, so your "view" comes from either looking out the window (how much time do you honestly do that) or from standing outside on the walkway. Plus, the "quiet pools" in Alligator Bayou are considered to be water views. Not much value there in my opinion.

FYI, even the "parking lot views" at this resort are nice! We went years ago and had rooms facing the parking lots and every morning there was a huge bird -- Egret or Osprey, I guess -- lurking in the landscaping, hunting for food. It was very cool and I was impressed with how lovely and lush the greenery is at "Dixie Landings." Whatever the view, this resort is really nice!

We didn't even request a water view last Feb., just requested a corner room (2 windows), and got the view of the river out one window and a courtyard view out the other!! ~:p~

Thanks everyone, I think I will ask for a corner room with the two windows, and talk to hubby about first or second floor.

I love the rabbits, etc.

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter