Allegiant Airlines

dgaston

Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies tshirt"
Just found out that Allegiant Airlines will begin flying out of Worcester into Sanford. They say they are opening with rates of $39 one way.

Has anyone flown them? What were your experiences?

TIA

My brother is flying them from Newburgh to Sanford in January -- I hope they last that long. With Independence ready to go under, I don't have much hope for any new cut-rate carriers.

Allegiant also flies from Pease AFB in Portsmouth, NH to Sanford. They were running a similar special when it first started. I've nothing but positive things but here is my fear. From Portsmouth they only had one flight per day at 8pm arriving at 11pm in Sanford. From what I've read everything at Sanford, including the car rental places, close at midnight period. If there are thunderstorms or whatever else may cause a delay and you arrive at 12:30 and all of the car rentals places are closed they you'd be stranded. I think if I were to take that flight I would arrange to get a room right near Sanford, assuming there are hotels with shuttles nearby, and get a fresh start the next day.

I heard about the Worcester flights this am on the radio. :cool1: So excited to get any info possible. Trying to plan a quick long weekend to WDW sometime in the future for me & a couple of co-workers; and Worcester would be GREAT for such a trip.

And the price would fit nicely too!!! :cool1:

Also, their packages this Dolphin / Swan as a hotel partner. :cool1:

ETA: They are supposed to have a press release today, but nothing on their website yet.

I was just looking around the Allegiant Air website. If you plug in New England as the departure city and Sanford as the arrival city it sends you to Portsmouth as the departure city but it is in a pull down menu. When you pull it down you can use Worcester as a departure city. I looked at prices for MLK weekend and February vacation week. The flights are Sunday and Thursday. They leave Worcester at 11:10 am and leave Sanford at 7:40 am.

Allegiant isn't new. I've never flown them, but it's a regular and charter airline based in Las Vegas. More information can be found at their website, www.allegiantair.com, but they do fly in and out of numerous cities (and they say if there's enough interest, they'll do a Portsmouth-Las Vegas run!)

I've flown out of Worcester back when PanAm was flying there. I love this airport. It's what TFGreen used to be, before it started getting so popular. Here's hoping Allegiant stays there long enough for me to take advantage of their schedules!!!

Allegiant came to our town this year. My sister got in on their good deals to Vegas and had no problems at all with the airline. At first, they only did a sunday/thursday run, but it was so popular they added fridays and mondays. Now, they are starting an orlando run to begin oct 5. As our trip was just last week, we missed out, but they had really good deals for a while (sold out quick). I'll certainly keep them in mind for our next trip as its a 3 hour drive for us to use SWA.

Thanks for all the advice. I booked 3 tickets for us -- one was at $39 and the return at $79. Certainly affordable, and I've driven by the exit for Sanford on the way to Cocoa. I'm not thrilled about the early Sunday return time, but with 3 of us flying for $403 after taxes and security charges, I'll be ok. I didn't pay the $10 extra to pick an assigned seat. SWA has me well trained. And after last weeks opening the SWA schedule to only 2/3 I was eager to buy the airfare.

When I was playing around with February vacation dates yesterday I could have gotten $39 each way, flying down on Monday and back on Friday. The total was $472 for 5 people. I didn't book then figuring I would discuss the details with my husband when he came home from work. By then the price had increased significantly. I am still kicking myself for not booking it as soon as I had the chance. The same flights this morning were over $1700!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter