All Star Sports relocation question

sgerto

Living in a small world after all
So I've got a one night stay at the All Star Sports for our first day of our trip on 12/11. Since they postponed the reopening I got the email from Disney regarding us being put in a different resort for that day. Has anyone heard or gotten any info on where people who have reservations being put up at? My travel agent said to be patient and wait for Disney to contact her but I'm concerned that we won't have a room because we waited too long.
I'm sure I'm just being a nervous wreck regarding it but just looking for some outside reassurances.

You shouldn’t have a problem, Disney will definitely call and move you. Since Covid started I’ve had to be moved 3 times and have been happy each time.

Thanks, quick follow up: 1. Do they give you an option where you would like to stay, 2. If not, do they upgrade, is it always the same level of resort, or is it pot luck

Last edited:
Thanks, quick follow up: 1. Do they give you an option where you would like to stay, 2. If not, do they upgrade, is it always the same level of resort, or is it pot luck
I’ve had 2 upgrades and 1 same level. If you don’t like where they are moving you tell them. Disney is willing to work with you most of the time. Last year I got moved from a value to a deluxe, a value to a moderate. This year I got moved from a value to a value, I wanted to stay in the values, they are actually my favorite, just be straight with the castmember and they will help you as much as they can. I’ve also seen, not just me, that the closer to your date the more likely they are to upgrade you,

I’ve had 2 upgrades and 1 same level. If you don’t like where they are moving you tell them. Disney is willing to work with you most of the time. Last year I got moved from a value to a deluxe, a value to a moderate. This year I got moved from a value to a value, I wanted to stay in the values, they are actually my favorite, just be straight with the castmember and they will help you as much as they can. I’ve also seen, not just me, that the closer to your date the more likely they are to upgrade you,
Will Disney contact me or my travel agent?

That I don’t know, I’ve never used a travel agent.

How far in advance did they get in touch with you? I have a Christmas week reservation (12/25-1/2) at All Start Sports and I'm in a minor panic...

Thanks!

How far in advance did they get in touch with you? I have a Christmas week reservation (12/25-1/2) at All Start Sports and I'm in a minor panic...

Thanks!
Don’t panic they usually get in touch about a month out. They will call, if and this is a big if they dont call them. Id put money on it you’ll get a call a week before Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Not sure how TAs work since we've never used one either. But if/when you do call yourself, be sure to ask to speak with Guest Services, the CMs on the regular phone lines cannot always make the same types of adjustments. We had a situation in summer 2020 where they charged us more to move (and it was technically a downgrade to boot).

I learned here that speaking to GS is what needed to be done. So I called back, told the CM there how unhappy I was (she said I never should have been charged) and was immediately refunded the extra amount, and then moved to a comparable room/resort.

I got the call today. I’m about a month out from my trip. I expected them to offer me All Star Music and they did. I have stayed there and really wanted to stay some place different so I mentioned that and they gave me Pop Century which I am good with. Just updating for those in the same boat.

We have 2 rooms booked at Sports checking in 12/25 thru Jan 1st. I am anxiously awaiting the anticipated resort switch call. I don't know why it makes me so nervous not knowing, but I like to have the details. lol

We have 2 rooms booked at Sports checking in 12/25 thru Jan 1st. I am anxiously awaiting the anticipated resort switch call. I don't know why it makes me so nervous not knowing, but I like to have the details. lol

We had two rooms booked as well. I heard of another person who was relocated to Port Orleans. I kind of wish I had flat out asked for Port Orleans as that’s one of my places I really want to stay at some time.

Sitting here 3 days before pay in full and still no contact. Stressing! I mean I know I'm going to get a comparable room, but I would love to know where I'm staying before I pay my package in full! First world problems...

Sitting here 3 days before pay in full and still no contact. Stressing! I mean I know I'm going to get a comparable room, but I would love to know where I'm staying before I pay my package in full! First world problems...
Call them and explain you‘re stressing, be kind but firm they will take care of you.

Last edited:
My reservation for 2 rooms is checking in Dec 25-Jan 1st and we have still not gotten the call. I did call the relocation number a few weeks ago, and they said I had to wait it out until they called. They did put some notes on my rooms to link them together and a few other issues. So I'm waiting anxiously to find out where we will be relocated too.

My reservation for 2 rooms is checking in Dec 25-Jan 1st and we have still not gotten the call. I did call the relocation number a few weeks ago, and they said I had to wait it out until they called. They did put some notes on my rooms to link them together and a few other issues. So I'm waiting anxiously to find out where we will be relocated too.
I’d call back and be firm and basically tell them that youd like to make travel arrangements and plans but it’s really hard to do without knowing where you’re staying. things like booking a grocery delivery and a pickup/dropoff from the airport are almost impossible without knowing your room location. I wouldn’t take no for a answer and asked to be escalated to the next level of castmember.

Still no call for us (12/25-1/2.) Paid in full for my room and ticket package. Rolling the dice. At the mercy of the mouse at this point. A little stressed but this isn't my first WDW rodeo and we'll make due. Figure the longer I wait the better chance I may have at an upgrade, although I am not expecting or feel I am entitled to one. I do think I SHOULD have some choice in the matter though.

Still no call for us (12/25-1/2.) Paid in full for my room and ticket package. Rolling the dice. At the mercy of the mouse at this point. A little stressed but this isn't my first WDW rodeo and we'll make due. Figure the longer I wait the better chance I may have at an upgrade, although I am not expecting or feel I am entitled to one. I do think I SHOULD have some choice in the matter though.
CALL THEM! Nick tell them exactly what you’ve said here, and I’d add that this is unprofessional, that you sympathize with guest services, but you have to know what hotel you’re staying to arrange for transportation and other plans that you need to make, like setup of grocery delivery. That where you are staying directly impacts whether or not you actually want to make this trip. Be firm but fair and only compromise on what you’re willing to.

12/26-1/2 Here. I called yesterday and again was told to wait despite getting the emails that my balance was due yesterday. I told them its not fair at all to ask for the balance to be paid when I don't know where I am staying. The cast member assured me that if I decide to cancel when I am told where I will be staying there would be no penalty due to the circumstances. I agree thought I cant imagine a first timer dealing with this. Its very unprofessional. My original email was from 9/20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter