All Star Movies Renovations

Oh okay sounds good. How do I opt out of I bypass the front desk? We haven’t been to Disney since last May and opting out wasn’t an option then. Thanks so much for the help!
I would just plan on stopping by the front desk. We always go to the front desk no matter what because I like getting buttons, a map (they usually circle your room to help you find it), and I just like talking to the CMs. I also like to make sure our Magic Bands work before we get all the way to our room. Our CM at the front desk asked if we knew about the opting out. If they don't mention it you can just ask.

It is so nice to see the photos of the renovated rooms at All Star Movies. Thank you to the Disboard member who posted updated photos of the rooms. Still waiting for the 2019 rates to be released and I will definitely be making reservations for Movies. So much fun! No need on spending additional money on other resorts when we are at the parks.

It is so nice to see the photos of the renovated rooms at All Star Movies. Thank you to the Disboard member who posted updated photos of the rooms. Still waiting for the 2019 rates to be released and I will definitely be making reservations for Movies. So much fun! No need on spending additional money on other resorts when we are at the parks.
I agree. This pretty much sealed the deal for me to stay at Movies over Pop next year! Save a few bucks!

What are the advantages of opting out of housekeeping?
We were hearing so many reports of the rooms not getting thoroughly cleaned so we thought might as well pocket the $10/night if we have to clean after ourselves anyway. They don't clean the new floors very well so we ended up bringing Wet Wipes to wipe down the floor. They will also bring you any extra towels/supplies you need so it's almost like you're getting $10/night and still getting most of the housekeeping.

What's the difference between the Pop rooms? I think they look pretty much the same. What am I missing?
POP rooms have Pluto behind one bed and Mickey heads behind the other bed. All Star Movies rooms have Mickey, Minnie, and Donald behind one bed and Duck Tales behind the other bed. Otherwise, I think they are the same.

POP rooms have Pluto behind one bed and Mickey heads behind the other bed. All Star Movies rooms have Mickey, Minnie, and Donald behind one bed and Duck Tales behind the other bed. Otherwise, I think they are the same.

I see those differences now. Just based on some of the comments I was thinking the differences were a bit more significant.

I just wish they'd add some more color to them. Showed my girls last night, as I'm trying to sway them into a value over AoA. They said ew yuck. I like the features and the upgrade,s but I think they could have made them a bit less sterile looking.

We are staying there in Oct. Hope we get a refurbished room. We booked 2 standard rooms. Fingers crossed.

We are staying there in Oct. Hope we get a refurbished room. We booked 2 standard rooms. Fingers crossed.
I'm not sure what your chances will be in October with standard rooms. Right now they are only doing preferred, but they may have some standard by October. Who knows?

I see those differences now. Just based on some of the comments I was thinking the differences were a bit more significant.

I just wish they'd add some more color to them. Showed my girls last night, as I'm trying to sway them into a value over AoA. They said ew yuck. I like the features and the upgrade,s but I think they could have made them a bit less sterile looking.
I originally thought they would be boring, but our 9 yo niece loved them and I ended up loving them, too! It's not as sterile as you think. When you actually get in the room I think there is enough pops (no pun intended) of color that it makes the room less hospital-themed and more modern-themed. I was just so grateful for all of the space/storage and queen beds that I honestly could have cared less about the theme.

I originally booked movies for our upcoming trip coming up in 3 weeks but switched to music so I didn't have to deal with construction. Plus we can always go use the pools at movies as well as sports. Easy access to all 6 pools and not see construction debris as much. Tough decision because we really wanted movies.
I may need to do that. We were st POP last summer and the construction was a pain. My son will not stay in a room with laminate floors we really wanted Movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter