All questions about 5X Rewards here...

This is how we manage our gas budget every month. We charge $250 in Speedway gift cards at the beginning of the month. This earns us Disney Visa points as well as Speedway rewards points. Then when we use the gift cards throughout the month, we earn additional Speedway points. :thumbsup2

When the Disney Visa is doing the 5x thing, we often buy two or three months' worth of gas cards during a single month to make sure we hit the minimum threshold for the bonus.

We just got the new Oct-Dec 5x offer postcard today. Our minimum for the last 3 months was $750, but it dropped to $500 for the next 3. :)

Has anyone else tried this?

Does it work at other gas station chains or only Speedway.

They really give you the 5x on gift cards?

I wonder if it'll work at grocery stores?

I've purchased GCs at grocery stores and I've gotten the credit. These were not gas GCs. They were Kohl's, McDonald's, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc. I have gotten credit for them in the past. I'm not sure how they would handle it if you were to buy a gas card at a gas station.

Well I guess I should keep reading and stop posting.

How does Disney Visa decide who receives the post card offer and who doesn't, plus is the $ amount picked according to how much you spend on the card each month, or is it just the luck of the trade. One more question, can someone sign up without having a post card, by just calling Disney Visa?

I've only received 2 offers and I've had my card since day 1. The first offer I did receive some bonus pts and second offer I had to spend $1000 in 4 cats before the bonus pts kicked in. I didn't receive any bonus pts on this offer, it was just to hard to spend $1000 in these 4 cats.

I would love to have an offer right now in order to receive some bonus pts. I'm correcting pts in order to purchase another 10 day, non-expiration WDW ticket, I've already purchased one ticket using pts and I need a second ticket.

Should I stop using my card for a couple of months, than maybe they will send an offer just to get me using the card once again? Just a thought.

Thanks.

Has anyone else tried this?

Does it work at other gas station chains or only Speedway.

They really give you the 5x on gift cards?

I wonder if it'll work at grocery stores?

It worked fine at Shop Rite and Pathmark in NJ as well as a few Getty stations I have used it at. I never had a problem with the categories, I know some have.

How does Disney Visa decide who receives the post card offer and who doesn't, plus is the $ amount picked according to how much you spend on the card each month, or is it just the luck of the trade. One more question, can someone sign up without having a post card, by just calling Disney Visa?

I've only received 2 offers and I've had my card since day 1. The first offer I did receive some bonus pts and second offer I had to spend $1000 in 4 cats before the bonus pts kicked in. I didn't receive any bonus pts on this offer, it was just to hard to spend $1000 in these 4 cats.

I would love to have an offer right now in order to receive some bonus pts. I'm correcting pts in order to purchase another 10 day, non-expiration WDW ticket, I've already purchased one ticket using pts and I need a second ticket.

Should I stop using my card for a couple of months, than maybe they will send an offer just to get me using the card once again? Just a thought.

Thanks.
Disney doesn't administer the card; Chase does. They don't say how they decide who gets it and who doesn't. I thought that it might be a result of non-use or low usage but we use one of our Disney VISAs rarely and the other one we use for everything. The last two offers we got were for the one that we use for everything, so my theory is shot.

Disney doesn't administer the card; Chase does. They don't say how they decide who gets it and who doesn't. I thought that it might be a result of non-use or low usage but we use one of our Disney VISAs rarely and the other one we use for everything. The last two offers we got were for the one that we use for everything, so my theory is shot.

We always pay off the balance in full unless there is a zero Disney vacation on it and then we pay off any other purchases since the Disney vacation will still remain zero. My guess is that Chase is in hope that we might charge so much as not to be able to pay it off in full and then they will earn some interest income. Who knows. I especially think this with the high threshold offers. We were lucky this time, no categories and only $250 threshold. I have read some have this with no threshold amount. I wish I had had this offer during Sept!! We charged a few large purchases. Mine also has a $200 limit on the bonus dollars!! First time ever for that limit, usually $100!!!

A few months back I called Disney Visa and asked why I didn't get any of these offers, since I have been a cardholder for 5+ years. I asked if it was because I pay off my bill each month. I was assured that wasn't the reason and I was told my comments would be sent to the Marketing Department which selects the participants in the Rewards program.

One came in the mail yesterday, $1000 level on Dining, Groceries, Gas and Airlines 10/1 - 12/31. Probably won't make the level, but I signed up anyway.

We received the recent offer of 5% on anything that is a "qualifying" purchase, BUT our "hurdle" is $750. each month - which is awfully high. :eek:

BUT, I am having $5,000. worth of piering done to my deceased father's home prior to closing on it and I have already discussed paying it with my credit card - just because I wanted 1% on it. Hopefully, this $5,000. will be considered a "qualifying" purchase. If so, I will finally be able to see a nice benefit from one of their offers. :laughing: Even if it does max out at $200. Woo hoo for me. :banana:

Got mine in the mail yesterday... But it's the $1000 threshold and $100 cap. I signed up and we'll see what happens.

Too bad I didn't get the July-September offer, because we ate out constantly, I was still working and driving a lot, I bought airline tickets, etc. But now with the new bambino, we're not doing much of anything!

Oh, well, I'll just put everything on it and see what we get! :) Anything is better than nothing.

MScott1851, I just wanted to say that Molly Anne is beautiful! Congratulations on the birth of your little princess! princess:

Got mine in the mail yesterday... But it's the $1000 threshold and $100 cap. I signed up and we'll see what happens.

Too bad I didn't get the July-September offer, because we ate out constantly, I was still working and driving a lot, I bought airline tickets, etc. But now with the new bambino, we're not doing much of anything!

Oh, well, I'll just put everything on it and see what we get! :) Anything is better than nothing.

I got the same offer after having gotten a $500 threshold the previous 2 times. I'm thinking with the gift card caveat I may actually make it to 1000 in spending at least for Dec if I buy the gift cards I was going to buy as xmas gifts at the grocery store. Hmmm might work! :dance3:I guess I'll sign up and see what happens!

4th quarter 2008 and 1st quarter 2009 I got the 5x offer for gas, airline, food with a $750 min/mo and I didn't opt-in. Then for 2nd and 3rd quarters this year I got same deal but $250 spend and signed up. Made out pretty well.

Today I got 5x on all purchases with a $750 spend, max bonus of $200 above the normal rewards dollars. This is much better deal for me since some of my groceries didn't count before (Super WalMart, BJ's etc). I think I need to talk to DH tonight about putting cable/internet/phone and cell phone on my card!

Edit- I have some medical bills coming soon and they take credit cards, who knew getting blood drawn could be so much fun! LOL

Well, we just got the offer in the mail for DH's Disney VISA. It's his 3rd offer in a row, I haven't had an offer on my card since the Jan-Feb-Mar 5X offer. :confused3

Looks like it's 5X on all purchases over the first $750 per month with a maximum of $200 rewards dollars. Hmmm. Our monthly bill is close to $2K because we put everything on this card. We'll probably max out this reward.

Of course the fine print states that it will take 6-8 weeks from the date transactions post to the account for the bonus rewards to show up. Looks like I'll have to plan another WDW trip because I won't get them in time for my December trip. ;)

I would like an offer, Please chase send me a postcard!!!!

pixiedust: Do you think pixiedust will work

I'm still a bit confused..I know that sometimes I get the postcard for different incentives but I never really pay much attention because it is unlikely (in most cases) that I'd ever spend $500-$1000 in specific categories. But...this month alone I have spent nearly $5000 in airline and hotel and more in restaurants and I remember getting a postcard last month or so.

My question is...do I have to sign up for something or does it just appear:) Some previous posts mention "signing up" while others say it is not necessary. Regardless, most of you are using 9/29 as a deadline (TODAY!) -- maybe I should just call?

Okay, so I walked my butt downstairs to get my card and placed the call -- and YES, you do need to enroll!!and tomorrow is the deadline so I am glad I called, yet...it's never what you think it might be ;)

My offer started July 1st and includes 5x anything over $750 in groceries, gas, dining, and airline, with a CAP of $100:confused3

I'll take it but hey, it's not what I thought it would be. Yes, it was worth the walk downstairs and the phone call, but it's less than 2X what it would have been, maybe not much more at all than what I originally expected and certainly not 5X...

Get on the phone if you wonder because every little bit helps:)

I'm still a bit confused..I know that sometimes I get the postcard for different incentives but I never really pay much attention because it is unlikely (in most cases) that I'd ever spend $500-$1000 in specific categories. But...this month alone I have spent nearly $5000 in airline and hotel and more in restaurants and I remember getting a postcard last month or so.

My question is...do I have to sign up for something or does it just appear:) Some previous posts mention "signing up" while others say it is not necessary. Regardless, most of you are using 9/29 as a deadline (TODAY!) -- maybe I should just call?
There have been offers just about every quarter this year. My postcards came in Jan., Apr., June and today. Each one of them had the choice of a phone number to call or a website to visit. And there was a unique PIN number that was associated with one account number.

The July-Aug.-Sept postcard stated that you could enroll in the promotion as late as 9/30/2009 and still have your bonuses retroactively applied. You won't lose anything by making a call to the Chase Disney Rewards call center to see if you had an offer for this period. It's worth a try.

Received my new post card yesterday, but same offer as always for me. $1000 in the four categories of airline, dining, gas and groceries. :confused3 I was a bit bummed (okay a lot bummed about the $1000 minimum) until I thought about all of those who never get an offer. But still, I would love to have a low minimum.
We are traveling in November, so that month should reach the minimum. :thumbsup2

I got a postcard yesterday for October 1-December 31; this time I have a $750 minimum but I can't find ANYTHING that says it's for the specific categories it usually is: gas, grocery, hotels & airfare:confused3 Could I possibly be reading it correctly in that it's now on ALL purchases? I have a hard time getting up to $750 on gas & groceries, but if I can use it on everything I can get to the $750 on day care alone! Anyone else get this offer??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter