All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 28, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whooo....

DSC00028_003.jpg

Amazing picture everyone!

Here is mine for today. At -35 here this is a long ways off.

3LHome4.jpg

Absolutely adorable!

Nice shot too ;)

Thanks!

Great shots everybody!!!

Pinky166, Ed, Jeff, Code all great work!!!

Jeff, who's with little L in that shot?

Thanks Dave- That is my little niece Paige. She seems to associate us with Disney for some reason. :confused3

Great Shot! I would love to hear the details of how you got it...lens used, lighting, etc.

Thanks- Taken with the 50mm f1.4 with a bounced flash.

There is a nice tutorial on it here- http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_create_your_own_bokeh

Thanks for the info, I'm a little confused though, do you leave the cardstock on for the entire shot? It looks like it would have to be removed, double expose or something. Otherwise, how can the camera take the photo?

Yep- The paper stays in front of the lens for the shot. You would not think it would work so well but it does. There was a discussion about it over on the Photography Board a while back you can see HERE.

I tried it myself after reading Jeff's photo board post.. I took a cutout I made with my wife's Cricut and attached it to the rear element of my 50/1.4 (see HERE). Here's a shot of my niece at Christmas..

DSC02779_800.jpg

.. and a PotD!

DSC05607_950-1.jpg

No cool bokeh photos, so how about an old fossil (another old fossil - not self-portrait!)?

DSC_6325copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter