All New Disunplugged Logo!

Retro-Disney...RULES!!.....Bring back the white, wax coated paper bags that they used to use at all the shops in the Parks....or at least the "Invisible"Dog Collars ....hahah....Love the new Logo!

I LOVE the new logo, the old is forever new and this is actually the Disney trend. I also enjoy the new format and how the brand is branching out.

Love the new logo. I think it is clean, clever, identifiable and has character. I love the retro vibe of it overall. Cheers to the staff that developed this!

Are logos supposed to target a specific audience?
Absolutely. Companies spend millions researching and designing their logos based on their customer demographic.

Look at how Epcot has reintroduced a lot of logos from the 1980s. Why? Because they evoke nostalgia from people in their 30s who fondly recall their first visits to the park back in the 1980s and are now returning with children of their own.

Images are very powerful marketing tools and nostalgia is a strong emotion so evoking memories from our childhood will tend to be very appealing to us.

Absolutely. Companies spend millions researching and designing their logos based on their customer demographic.

Look at how Epcot has reintroduced a lot of logos from the 1980s. Why? Because they evoke nostalgia from people in their 30s who fondly recall their first visits to the park back in the 1980s and are now returning with children of their own.

Images are very powerful marketing tools and nostalgia is a strong emotion so evoking memories from our childhood will tend to be very appealing to us.
True, I was just thinking of a company like Target or Apple. Does those logos have a target audience? I don’t really see how they do.

True, I was just thinking of a company like Target or Apple. Does those logos have a target audience? I don’t really see how they do.
You'd be surprised. I periodically participate in market research for pharmaceutical companies for names and logos for new products. A great deal of research goes into it. They ask all kinds of questions about what thoughts or feelings or emotions or memories different options evoke for you and they correlate that with your age and gender as well as other demographics.

Here's an interesting article about the evolution of the Apple logo over the years.
https://thinkmarketingmagazine.com/apple-logo-evolution-story/
The fact that the current logo is called the Millennial Apple should tell you something.

It’s a logo...

Are logos supposed to target a specific audience?

Sure they do. In so much as we hired an outside company that specialized in corporate logos with a target audience and demographics. The list of questions they provided us guided them to an assortment of logos designed, theoretically, to that audience. No one in-house in our company had that true capability, though some argued it cost us too much.

As another former graphic design artist I'm not sure I would have mixed 2 different fonts, as one of my old instructors would say..it's too busy
As it is......
It's really not a logo as much as it is a description of what show, website... you are seeing.
Not that it matters but I might of left out the word Unplugged , centered the TV, left in the cord, made a not so hidden Mickey out of the dials, and changed the colors scheme to ones that more reflect Disney such as the castle colors and red, not Home Depot orange....

But...as the same instructor would also say, He who writes the check is always right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!