All Good Things Come To Those That Wait - A Pre-trip Report

I don't know if they still sell them, but I picked up magnetic photo sleeves back in '08 that worked like a charm! They came in several sizes. This way I was able to slip in a photo to suit my mood/activity, and the magnet was quite strong.

Oh, I have to research this. This would save me so much time.

Corinna

I had a productive day yesterday. This was my first day of three days off in the row. I will have to get as much as possible done during those days off. After those, I still have three days at work left and then we are off on our trip.

The day started disappointing. I got stood up by Mickey and Minnie. I had ordered my character call for yesterday morning and it did not happen. I got an email later in the day to let me know that the call had been unsuccessful and giving me the chance to reschedule. I rescheduled it and requested that they call me as soon as possible and this time round it worked.

I took our laundry to be done and collected it this morning. All is beautifully folded and wrapped in plastic. This will make packing nice and easy.

As I was in town anyway, I decided to have a pedicure done as they tend to last quite well. I will go back for a manicure on Wednesday after work, but it would have been too tight time-wise to get them both on Wednesday. I had a trainee yesterday, but she did a great job and it was half price, too. I also needed to pick up a few odds and ends in town.

After this, I went to the supermarket to get enough food to see us through until we leave. On Wednesday I won't cook. We probably will have some Chinese that I will order in. While I was at the supermarket, I found two great mini nail polishes; one in a dark shade of purple and a clear polish with purple glitter. I never got around to checking if the decorations on my gold Minnie ears come off quite easily or getting alternative decorations. So I will just paint them with the nail polish.

My jewellery shipped yesterday. So that should be in Miami by Tuesday or Wednesday. I received the hotel voucher for our post-cruise stay this morning.

I thought I was all done shopping, but this caught my eye:

This is meant to be a guest book for a wedding, but I have another idea for this. I will get the pages signed by the character and then will add the 8 x 10 photos when I get back home. This will make a perfect autograph book/ photo album.

I still have quite a bit of ground to cover before we leave so here is my to do list:

Finish magnets
Write notes for Secret Mickey
Package Secret Mickey gifts
Alter Minnie ears for formal night
Charge camera batteries
Pre-order Photo CD
Do online check in for flights
Print last of documents and confirmations
Have manicure
Pack

Corinna

Glad you got your character call sorted out. Sounds like a very productive day and that book cover is just perfect!

Enjoy the other two productive days coming up.

That must have been a dissapoinment re the character call but then a joy when you got it! Great re your washing. Trouble is like going club that 'once' or upgrading flights you want it all the time lol..

Cool re getting your toe nail done. Just hands to go! Nearly there! :-)

Glad you got your character call sorted out. Sounds like a very productive day and that book cover is just perfect!

Enjoy the other two productive days coming up.

I am finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

That must have been a dissapoinment re the character call but then a joy when you got it! Great re your washing. Trouble is like going club that 'once' or upgrading flights you want it all the time lol..

Cool re getting your toe nail done. Just hands to go! Nearly there! :-)

I was not too happy to be stood up by Mickey. I much prefer doing my own washing. I don't get the concept of not wanting to go back to economy after flying business either. We flew Club class to Orlando for our honeymoon and I actually found it stifling. I am much happier in economy class. I have also flown business class three times when I had to fly to Dubai on business and yes, it was quite nice, but nothing I would pay for.

We can now say: This week we are going on holiday. I have the Port of Miami webcam up in the background. At the moment I can't see the Wonder, but I am sure I will get to see plenty of her during the day. When I see her sail away later today, I know that they next time she comes to Miami, she will come to get us.

Corinna

Yesterday was another productive day. It was also the first day in quite a while that Graham and I got to spend some quality time together. We have pretty much been like ships passing at night for the whole of April. Yesterday we were both home and went on a nice walk together and broke it up with some coffee and cake about halfway through. While we stopped for coffee, we had a nice chat and made two decisions regarding this holiday. We will pass on breakfast and request early debarkation for the last day to maximize our time in San Diego. We have also agreed that if DCL has given us a table to ourselves again this cruise, we won't be eating in the dining rooms apart from the first and the last night. If we are seated by ourselves anyway, me may as well do it in more peace and quiet up at Beach Blanket Buffet.

I managed to tick a few things off the to do list. My magnets are now finished and I also blinged up my Minnie ears. They just have to dry now and then I will take a photo. The task for today is writing the notes for my Secret Mickey and package the gifts as much as I can. I have to get some larger ziploc bags for a couple of the gifts, but most of them should be all ready to go by the time the day is over.

Corinna

I can't believe how fast this is coming up!!! You are doing good at checking off your to do list too!
I can't wait to hear all about this trip!

I can't believe how fast this is coming up!!! You are doing good at checking off your to do list too!
I can't wait to hear all about this trip!

Yes, it is a scary thought. The camera batteries are charging and I am in the process of wiping memory cards clean. Graham is putting me to shame as he is packing already. He got my suitcase down, too, so I think I may pack after work tomorrow. I have already started to add a few odds and ends to my carry on. My personal item I can't pack until after work on Wednesday, but that won't take long.

Corinna

Ohhhhhh Corinna how exciting, does it seem "real" now your packing :thumbsup2

This week will fly by & u'll be on that plane before you know it :cheer2:

Ohhhhhh Corinna how exciting, does it seem "real" now your packing :thumbsup2

This week will fly by & u'll be on that plane before you know it :cheer2:

It still does not feel real, but I am sure that time will fly. I have three very busy days ahead of me at work.

Corinna

This will be our fourth visit to San Diego. We did a daytrip to SeaWorld during our very first visit to Southern California in 2002. In 2006, we spent 4 days in San Diego and in 2012; we had another daytrip to San Diego where we visited Balboa Park.

This time round, we have two days in San Diego. When we are able to get off the ship, we will head straight to the hotel and drop off the luggage. We are then planning to get tickets for the hop on hop off trolley. There are a number of things that I really want to see this time round and all of those can be accessed by the trolley. I want to have a look around Gaslamp Quarter as I did not have a chance to do this on our previous visits. I also really want to have a quick look at the Hotel Del Coronado and take some photos. I really liked Balboa Park in 2012 and I have since learned that one of the museums there has a Chihuly chandelier and also some smaller pieces of his work. So I definitely want to have a quick look at those. The last stop will be Old Town. I really enjoyed wandering around in this area on our previous visits. My favourite Mexican restaurant is also in Old Town so after our tour we will have dinner there.

On Sunday I am planning to head to SeaWorld. Graham is considering going to San Diego Zoo. I am also interested in this, but since my last visit to SeaWorld San Diego, they have introduced Blue Horizons, which is my all time favourite show. As far as I am aware, they also use the Pilot Whales in the show and I can’t wait to see this. I am actually hoping to see all the performances of Blue Horizons that day. I also quite like Journey to Atlantis at San Diego as this has a proper water coaster element. So I am sure I will have a go at this. This also gives me the welcome opportunity to interact with some dolphins, as I have no dolphin programs scheduled for this trip.

I am quietly freaking out. Got most of my packing done, but our luggage scale gave me a different reading every time I tried to weigh my suitcase. I have decided to play it safe and leave the gown that I have for Pirate Night at home. I have a couple of other dresses that I can turn into Pirate outfits.

My carry on is nearly packed. I just need to add my Secret Mickey gifts and then this can be zipped up. My personal item I won't sort out until I come home from work on Wednesday.

I have charged our assorted cameras and have pre-purchased the photo CD. The only big thing left to do as far as the cruise is concerned is having a manicure on Wednesday, but that is a treat really. I wish I could say the same about work. I found out today that I need to find time to fit in two meetings before I leave at 15:00 on Wednesday on top of the 4 I already have scheduled. Still, this will be forgotten when I see the Wonder on Friday and get my first hug from Captain Mickey.

Corinna

Can you put the gown in your carryon?

San Diego looks fun, sounds like a lot of nice things to keep you busy.

Enjoy your manicure! Sorry about your gown. Jo always removes several of my clothes when she weighs the bags! This year I purchased extra luggage he he...it's cheaper when buying ahead and I just know I am bringing back my supply of Applejack cereal, dixie cups and sketchers!

Good suggestion from Pam. Maybe bring it as carryon? Or buy an extra bag :-)

Enjoy the last days.

Sorry about the gown. I hope it works out for you. :hug:

I love Balboa Park. Love all the museums there and the gardens. I hope you get all the things you want to do done in San Diego.

If I don't get back here in time, have a great trip.

Too bad about having to leave the gown behind...I hope the rest of the packing goes well.

San Diego is beautiful. I really need to get back and spend some more time there.

Enjoy the manicure! Hopefully the meetings go quickly so you can be on your way!

Jill in CO

Thats a lot of magnets! I admire you for being able to find the time to choose and create all those different decorations!

Yay for being almost packed and ready to go!

San Diego is definitely a great place and your plans sound like excellent ones!

Can you put the gown in your carryon?

San Diego looks fun, sounds like a lot of nice things to keep you busy.

It had occured to me, but it is quite big and puffy and if it would fit at all, I would not be able to put anything else in there.

San Diego is a beautiful city and I am glad that I get to visit again.

Enjoy your manicure! Sorry about your gown. Jo always removes several of my clothes when she weighs the bags! This year I purchased extra luggage he he...it's cheaper when buying ahead and I just know I am bringing back my supply of Applejack cereal, dixie cups and sketchers!

Good suggestion from Pam. Maybe bring it as carryon? Or buy an extra bag :-)

Yesterday I was gutted, today I am actually OK with this. After all, I am going on a Disney cruise and it is getting really close. So there is no reason for sulking. I had a look at how much it would be to check an extra bag, but $100 will buy a lot of souvenirs (lightweight that can fit in the carry on ;) )

I am so looking forward to the manicure.

Enjoy the last days.

Sorry about the gown. I hope it works out for you. :hug:

I love Balboa Park. Love all the museums there and the gardens. I hope you get all the things you want to do done in San Diego.

If I don't get back here in time, have a great trip.

Balboa Park was a real surprise in 2012. I loved the gardens and the architecture. We did not visit any of the museums last time round, but there is one on the list this time round.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Too bad about having to leave the gown behind...I hope the rest of the packing goes well.

San Diego is beautiful. I really need to get back and spend some more time there.

Enjoy the manicure! Hopefully the meetings go quickly so you can be on your way!

Jill in CO

Packing is basically done. I will put the last few things in the carry on before I go to work tomorrow. Then I just have to sort out my personal item when I get home.

Thats a lot of magnets! I admire you for being able to find the time to choose and create all those different decorations!

Yay for being almost packed and ready to go!

San Diego is definitely a great place and your plans sound like excellent ones!

I love coming back to our cabin and seeing all the magnets. I nearly forgot to pack them. I would have been so disappointed the other end.

Corinna

1st May 2014 – Travel Day
Flight from Manchester to Miami via New York JFK
Check into Holiday Inn Port of Miami/ Downtown

2nd May 2014 – Embarkation Day
Quick shopping trip to Walgreens
10:30 Go to port
15:00 DIS Meet
16:00 Safety Drill

3rd May 2014 – Key West
7:15 Walk to Southernmost Point
9:00 Reef Snorkeling Excursion through Fury Adventure Sports
12:30 Lunch on the ship
13:30 Get some Key Lime Pie for dessert

4th May 2014 – Sea Day
14:00 Martini Tasting

5th May 2014 – Cozumel
Chankanaab on our own

6th May 2014 – Sea Day
15:15 Photo Scavenger Hunt

7th May 2014 - Sea Day
10:00 DIS Pin Trading Meet
10:30 Palo Brunch
14:00 Mixology
15:15 Item Scavenger Hunt

8th May 2014 – Cartagena
8:45 Best of Cartagena Excursion
15:30 DIS Pin Trading Meet

9th May 2014 – Panama Canal
6:00 to 18:00 Crossing

10th May 2014 – Sea Day
14:00 DIS Open Bar Event

11th May 2014 – Sea Day (Semi-Formal Night)
12:00 Champagne Tasting

12th May 2014 - Sea Day (Pirate Night)
20:30 Palo Dinner

13th May 2014 – Sea Day
14:00 Tequila and Margarita Tasting

14th May 2014 – Puerto Vallarta
8:00 Las Caletas Hideaway

15th May 2014– Cabo San Lucas (Formal Night)
Cabo on our own
16:00 Champagme and Tiara Princess Meet

16th May 2014 - Sea Day
DIS Goodbye Lunch

17th May 2014 – Disembarkation/ San Diego
Check into Handlery Hotel San Diego
Hop On Hop Off Tour on Old Town Trolley

18th May 2014 – San Diego
SeaWorld San Diego

19th May 2014 – Travel Day
Flight from San Diego to Manchester via Chicago O’Hare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!