ALL CANADIAN DISNEY STORES TO CLOSE

I was at Limeridge in Hamilton getting some David's Tea on Monday and I passed by the Disney Store in that mall. It was basically empty of merchandise and there was still a line up to get in. I would be surprised if it was open after this weekend.

Kingsway will close tomorrow, most likely-

We just made a run to the Kingsway store. The employees told us that the store will be closing either today or tomorrow. The store is pretty empty of merchandise, so I suspect it will close today. The 20% discount can be applied to all prices I mention below (so a t-shirt is $12 plus tax).

Today (an employee told us) they marked down all remaining t-shirts to $15. All remaining blue ray DVDs are $5, there is a nice Mickey backpack on for $15 (presale price of $42). Large cloth Mickey bags (suitable for grocery shopping) are only $0.12 each.

Other misc. merchandise is available which we didn't purchase (stuffies, other toys, children's clothing and costumes, coffee cups, collectable pins and "keys") . Not a lot of variety in any of these categories.

The t-shirts and DVDs are mostly Marvel and Star Wars. Very few XL t-shirts, although other sizes readily available.

We bought a dozen cloth bags for use at Safeway (I'm sure the other shoppers will be very jealous the next time we go shopping).

We bought a few t-shirts, a couple of the backpacks, and a bunch of blue ray discs. The price on the discs was too good to pass up, even though all the movies are already on Disney+.

FYI, the movies we bought are:

Incredibles 2

Star Wars Solo Adventure
Star Wars The Last Jedi

Captain America Civil War
Avengers Infinity War
Avengers Age of Ultron

Last edited:
So it is official. The last 3 Disney Stores in Ontario are closing as of September 22. Just saw an article on Blog To about it. They linked the official Disney website and when I went there it showed the closure dates.
stc disney.jpg
Looks like STC and Eaton Centre are open until at least September 22nd and Vaughan Mills is September 15th.

Yup and to top it off they are closing the outlet location in Niagara New York on the same date as Vaughn. Officially no Disney store access anymore. I can't even go for the final sales because we fly to Disney world on Sunday

Yup and to top it off they are closing the outlet location in Niagara New York on the same date as Vaughn. Officially no Disney store access anymore. I can't even go for the final sales because we fly to Disney world on Sunday

I’m jealous you will be able to shop at WDW! So many things I want to get, including some of the 50th merch that was released.

So it is official. The last 3 Disney Stores in Ontario are closing as of September 22. Just saw an article on Blog To about it. They linked the official Disney website and when I went there it showed the closure dates.
View attachment 599429
Looks like STC and Eaton Centre are open until at least September 22nd and Vaughan Mills is September 15th.
Yeah, I saw that sign outside of the Disney Store at STC yesterday when I popped in to look around. Sad.

I was at Yorkdale last week and saw the store closed, and had black plastic with pixie dust covering the windows. We'll have to make a trip to one of the last three soon

I’m going to try to do one last visit to the Vaughan Mills location this week when we are in the area. The Toronto Eaton Centre store was fully stocked a few weeks ago, we picked up a few things that we really wanted, all full-priced, a 20% markdown wouldn’t have made much of a difference.

I've been busy at work. I'll take it I mean I was unemployed for half the year last year. High school guidance councellor said ya go into aviation it's a steady industrty it's not like a global virus will shut it all down. OK I may have made that part up.
DW told me last week the stores were closing and being on rotation I had to wait until I got home. We don't know what to do we still have a lot of cash tied up in Disney gift cards we were going to use to splurge ourselves with for our anniversary cruise that didn't happen. Well we had our anniversary just not on a ship but I do mean splurge here it's not like we had just a few hundred bucks lol. I looked at the site and nothing gets my attention right now. Anything I want we can't get here. No cruise line shampoo, no waffle maker but we kind of have to spend it.

I went to Vaughan Mills over the weekend. Everything was 20% off. It was really an odd assortment of merchandise, some Disney Cruise Line, even some Disneyland. Lots of Halloween costumes. Just picked up a couple of things...so sad we won't be able to shop in store anymore. Now we really need a shopdisney.ca!!!
Was at Vaughan Mill on wed this week,,,they upped to 25%,, but not sure if they will be going any higher....picked up a few keys and a note book for daughter..wanted a shirt and mug but even with discount was not paying that much.

We ended up spending about 250 with online shopping. Just couldn't find anything else that got our attention on what ships outside the USA. Eventually we might end up going back and we will use up the rest of the cards but that will be a discussion for a later time. I guess our issue is we would cruise again but as for the parks we are now Universal people so our options are more limited. We are still eyeing a 3 day cruise just DW and myself, just don't know when that will be possible.

We ended up spending about 250 with online shopping. Just couldn't find anything else that got our attention on what ships outside the USA. Eventually we might end up going back and we will use up the rest of the cards but that will be a discussion for a later time. I guess our issue is we would cruise again but as for the parks we are now Universal people so our options are more limited. We are still eyeing a 3 day cruise just DW and myself, just don't know when that will be possible.
FYI you will be charged ~30% of the value of the order when it hits customs. there are a LOT of threads on their exorbitant ways

For anyone that's bought on ShopDisney and shipped to thier Canadian addresses, have you had to pay customs/duty fees? Everything I've had shipped from the US up here since the pandemic started has not been charged for me, but I read on another forum that the shipping method used by Disney is more likely to be charged. What have your experiences been?
I always have to pay customs and fees when I've ordered from them before. Last time I ordered a Minnie plush - $30 U.S. for the plush + shipping + customs = $85

I always have to pay customs and fees when I've ordered from them before. Last time I ordered a Minnie plush - $30 U.S. for the plush + shipping + customs = $85
It's so insane! I used to work at the Disney Store and I have NEVER heard of someone not getting customs. I know with another store I order from it's hit and miss if I get customs but with ShopDisney it appears to be always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter