Have a question about convention tickets...do they apply to conventions at the swan and dolphin?
The location of the convention does not figure into the ability to get WDW convention tickets.
(The convention does not even have to be on WDW property.)

The location of the convention does not figure into the ability to get WDW convention tickets.
(The convention does not even have to be on WDW property.)
Thanks! Next question is how do you purchase convention tickets? The organizer of the convention I’m going to is saying they are not offering discounted tickets so there is no link to buy tickets like I had in the past from another convention.

Thanks! Next question is how do you purchase convention tickets? The organizer of the convention I’m going to is saying they are not offering discounted tickets so there is no link to buy tickets like I had in the past from another convention.

I have no experience in buying convention tickets.
I'd suggest calling the Disney ticket line and asking about it.

Our family of 5 is joining my husband in Orlando while he attends a conference at the Hilton the end of July, 2019. Original plans were to hang out at the hotel while he is at Conference then move to Loews Royal Pacific for Universal. The plans then changed to kids and me staying at POR for 4 days THEN move to Universal. I got a room reservations at POR and purchased ticket separately- 4 Day CDN tickets with Park hoppers for kids and me. I got a 1 day ticket for my husband. I am not a Universal Studio fan and now want to change plans so we stay the whole trip at Disney World.

Can I change the tickets from 4 day to 8 days and pay the difference? If so, can I do this by phone prior to arriving. Thank you.

I'm confused about how upgrading works. I read the beginning of this thread trying to figure out what it would cost me to upgrade my tickets for our upcoming trip but I don't think I understand. I bought our tickets from UCT last month. The date on the tickets is Nov. 2017. If I try to upgrade them when we get to WDW from 8 day base to 8 day PH+, am I basically losing any discount I received from buying them at UCT? (I paid $454.41 each for them). So do I subtract that amount from what WDW is currently charging for 8 day PH+?

I'm really irritated with myself that I didn't purchase the PH initially but I really thought I didn't need them. Now the kids want to do Water Parks multiple days if at all possible.

Our family of 5 is joining my husband in Orlando while he attends a conference at the Hilton the end of July, 2019. Original plans were to hang out at the hotel while he is at Conference then move to Loews Royal Pacific for Universal. The plans then changed to kids and me staying at POR for 4 days THEN move to Universal. I got a room reservations at POR and purchased ticket separately- 4 Day CDN tickets with Park hoppers for kids and me. I got a 1 day ticket for my husband. I am not a Universal Studio fan and now want to change plans so we stay the whole trip at Disney World.

1. Can I change the tickets from 4 day to 8 days and pay the difference?
2. If so, can I do this by phone prior to arriving. Thank you.
1. Yes.
2. You can call and try.

I'm confused about how upgrading works. I read the beginning of this thread trying to figure out what it would cost me to upgrade my tickets for our upcoming trip but I don't think I understand.
1. I bought our tickets from UCT last month.
2. The date on the tickets is Nov. 2017.
3. If I try to upgrade them when we get to WDW from 8 day base to 8 day PH+, am I basically losing any discount I received from buying them at UCT? (I paid $454.41 each for them).
4. So do I subtract that amount from what WDW is currently charging for 8 day PH+?

I'm really irritated with myself that I didn't purchase the PH initially but I really thought I didn't need them. Now the kids want to do Water Parks multiple days if at all possible.
1. OK.
2. That would be unlikely. Do you mean Nov. 2019?
3. Upgrading current discounted tickets allow for "keeping the discount."
4. Nope. What YOU paid for the discounted tickets does not figure into the cost to upgrade.
If your UT tickets are CURRENT tickets, you subtract the current DISNEY price for an 8-day base from the current DISNEY price for an 8-day hopper.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.
This is all laid out in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

"1. OK.
4. Nope. What YOU paid for the discounted tickets does not figure into the cost to upgrade.
If your UT tickets are CURRENT tickets, you subtract the current DISNEY price for an 8-day base from the current DISNEY price for an 8-day hopper.
This is all laid out in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting."

The date printed on the ticket says 11/08/17. I'm assuming that's the creation date????

Sorry, I did ready post #6. I was just a bit confused since my tickets were so old even though I just bought them.

The date printed on the ticket says 11/08/17. I'm assuming that's the creation date????
If that is the case, looks like you got a very rare ticket.
How, when, and exactly from whom did you purchase this ticket?

Does your paperwork include a "start-date" on which the ticket can first be used?

start date 5/27/19
OK.
Tickets issued in 2017 did not have "start-dates."

So...
Without further clarifying info, we could chase this all day.

I would definitely contact UT about when your tickets were created by Disney.
THEN, you can use the info in Post #6 to figure your upgrade cost.

And, please post back when you get definitive info from UT.

1. OK.
This is all laid out in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

Thanks for all your help. I just called UCT and they said the date printed on the ticket doesn't matter instead it's the date I purchased them because that is the date the ticket information is "loaded" on them. I don't know if that is really correct or not but I guess I will see when I get to WDW. Thanks again for your help. I did read the sticky but was just confused a bit by the early date on my tickets so I appreciate you clarifying all that for me.

Thanks for all your help. I just called UCT and

1. they said the date printed on the ticket doesn't matter instead it's the date I purchased them because that is the date the ticket information is "loaded" on them.
2. I don't know if that is really correct or not but I guess I will see when I get to WDW. Thanks again for your help. I did read the sticky but was just confused a bit by the early date on my tickets so I appreciate you clarifying all that for me.

1. Hmmmmm. You know a ticket printed in 2017 would be a "Magic Your Way" ticket.
But, I don't think that MYW info was actually printed on the ticket.
2. Hope that info is correct.
If there are further issues or complications, please post back.

Last edited:
Last trip, I had had a very old (1990) non-expiring ticket updated at DS.

I'm now wondering if I can use that at a WDW water park? Or is it only good for the 4 theme parks?

When upgrading I know that the price bridging "credit" you get applied to the new ticket is based on the WDW value of the ticket you purchased based on the "mint/create" date. (I think I said all of that correct). My question is the "credit" the WDW "GATE" price or "ONLINE, pre-sale" price?

For our family trip in May we purchased 7 day base tickets from Undercover Tourist. Our purchase was made after the February price increase and after UT raised their prices to match. Knowing about the "mint/create" date issue when upgrading, I questioned them (UT) about the mint/create date of the tickets that we were to purchase, and they responded that their tickets aren't "printed" until a purchase was made, so that date would be their "create" date. Considering their reputation here and in general, I'm trusting that they are telling me the truth. The reason behind my question, is that my wife and I are running Dopey in January and are planning to upgrade to annual passes. I am just wanting to make sure I am correct on what the cost should be before I get to the upgrade counter. The WDW online price for the tickets we purchased (7 day base starting on May 18th), based on our purchase date (which as previously indicated should also be the mint date) is listed as $480.19 +tax. Current annual pass cost is $894 which would leave us with and upgrade cost of $413.81 + tax each. However if the "credit" is based off of the "gate price" of $500.19, then the upgrade cost would only be $393.81 + tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter