As a follow-up. I suppose, since things are done electronically, can we transfer them to others within our immediate family through MDX? In other words, if we go with the standard AP for DW and DS9/10, can I (perhaps) transfer the AP from DS9/10, to me if we decide on a really quick spontaneous trip or from DW to me if I need to take him on his hockey trip to Orlando instead of her, and then transfer it back again later for the next trip?
I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

A purchased (but, as yet unused) ticket can be transferred to another guest.

Once a purchased ticket or AP has started to be USED, it cannot be transferred to another guest.
An AP that has been upgraded from an active regular ticket cannot be transferred to anyone other than the original user of that original ticket.

Last edited:
I have a ticket question...
I bought 4 2-day tickets in Aug 2017 for a family trip that I had to cancel. I was able to use 2 of them in May but I still have 2 unused tickets and I know I can reassign them to dh and myself. I bought them online from Disney and requested plastic cards at the time of purchase. The paper that the cards/tickets were attached to in the mail states they expire 1.14.2019. I understand that if I don't use them by the exp date, the value I paid last year will still be usable in the future but would have to pay the price increase from last year to whatever the then current price may be.

So my question is, can I do that by phone? online? or would it have to be done in person at guest relations? This is important to know because after 1.14.2019, I can no longer use those tickets in MDE to book FP. If I can't book FP in advance, I'd end up buying new tickets to be able to do so and I'd still be stuck with these old tickets in MDE. In that case, I will find a way to use them up before they expire.

We were just there in May and we will be visiting DLR in Oct. Dh can only tolerate so much Disney so I don't want to overload him. I'd rather save the tickets for next year but if it's going to be a big hassle to apply these to future tickets that are FP-eligible at T-60, I will use them.

I feel like I'm rambling and hope this is clear. :)

Thanks

I have a ticket question...
I bought 4 2-day tickets in Aug 2017 for a family trip that I had to cancel. I was able to use 2 of them in May but I still have 2 unused tickets and I know I can reassign them to dh and myself. I bought them online from Disney and requested plastic cards at the time of purchase. The paper that the cards/tickets were attached to in the mail states they expire 1.14.2019. I understand that if I don't use them by the exp date, the value I paid last year will still be usable in the future but would have to pay the price increase from last year to whatever the then current price may be.

So my question is, can I do that by phone? online? or would it have to be done in person at guest relations? This is important to know because after 1.14.2019, I can no longer use those tickets in MDE to book FP. If I can't book FP in advance, I'd end up buying new tickets to be able to do so and I'd still be stuck with these old tickets in MDE. In that case, I will find a way to use them up before they expire.

We were just there in May and we will be visiting DLR in Oct. Dh can only tolerate so much Disney so I don't want to overload him. I'd rather save the tickets for next year but if it's going to be a big hassle to apply these to future tickets that are FP-eligible at T-60, I will use them.

I feel like I'm rambling and hope this is clear. :)

Thanks
Very, very popular question.
But, the answer is, as yet, unknown.
So far, nobody has had a ticket expire.

You may be one of the first to find out the answer. :)

Very, very popular question.
But, the answer is, as yet, unknown.
So far, nobody has had a ticket expire.

You may be one of the first to find out the answer. :)

Ah, good point.:thumbsup2 I am so used to the Disboards having all the answers but sometimes we just have to wait and time will tell. Thank you for this thread. :goodvibes :cheer2:

I have a 7 day park hopper, I want to upgrade to an Annual Pass and purchase TIW paying for both with Disney Gift Cards. My plan: go to Guest Relations in Disney Springs the night before my trip starts, upgrade to the AP, purchase TIW.

How late is Guest Relations open? We arrive in the evening & I’m looking to do the upgrade after dinner.

My understanding is they can activate it that night meaning I could purchase TIW and use the valet parking that night right?

I have a 7 day park hopper, I want to upgrade to an Annual Pass and purchase TIW paying for both with Disney Gift Cards. My plan: go to Guest Relations in Disney Springs the night before my trip starts, upgrade to the AP, purchase TIW.

1. How late is Guest Relations open? We arrive in the evening & I’m looking to do the upgrade after dinner.

2. My understanding is they can activate it that night meaning 3. I could purchase TIW and use the valet parking that night right?
1. At least 11pm (maybe Midnight,) I believe.
2. Yes.
3. Valet parking as part of TIW at Disney Springs? I’m not sure.

Please bear with me: If I log onto MDE on the Disney website and purchase the tickets for our October 2018 trip there, will they automatically be linked to our account/Magic Bands? I am planning to have the purchase e-mailed to me as I don't trust our local mail delivery for the "hard" tickets.

If I log onto MDE on the Disney website and purchase the tickets for our October 2018 trip there, will they automatically be linked to our account/Magic Bands?

Yup.

My question is a bit complicated, but it seems like this is the place to ask ticket questions, so here goes...

I currently have an annual pass for Disneyland only that expires on October 30. I'm going to Disney World for a week from December 8 to December 15 which means I can make Fastpass reservations on October 9 since I'm staying at a resort. When I renew my annual pass I was thinking of switching it to Premier which means I could go to Disneyland or Disney World. However, that means when I go to make Fastpass reservations, my annual pass will only be good at Disneyland but when I'm at Disney World my new annual pass will work there as well. Will I be able to make Fastpass reservations on October 9 or not?

To summarize:
October 9 - I want to make WDW Fastpass reservations
October 30 - Disneyland only annual pass expires
October 31 - New Premier annual pass would start

I'm just concerned I won't be able to make Fastpass reservations on October 9 since technically I don't have a WDW pass on that day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

We have a package trip for October (2 adults, 2 child) that includes 4 day base tickets

We go again in March (staying off property) and have 10 day non-expiring tickets for just 2 adults and 1 child. My youngest doesn't have one.

Wondering if it would make sense to purchase an Annual Pass for my youngest (since they don't have the non expiring) to use for both trips and since the AP comes with PhotoPass downloads.

I priced things out and combining tickets for both trips and Memory Maker for both it is a much better deal to get an AP. But....
  1. I know since it's a package right now for October we all have to have the same ticket. But we can upgrade it when we get to WDW right - at a park (any ticket window or just guest relations)?
  2. If we upgrade right when we get there, can we then download all Photopass pics right away (I did read on Disney that they can get all photos from 1st valid date of AP - expire)
  3. Since it is a child's and the only one we have, as long as it is linked to the parents MDE, and we have the card, we can still get all the benefits right?? This is the one I'm most concerned about and can't seem to find info.
Thanks for sticking with me!!
1f642.png

I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

We have a package trip for October (2 adults, 2 child) that includes 4 day base tickets

We go again in March (staying off property) and have 10 day non-expiring tickets for just 2 adults and 1 child. My youngest doesn't have one.

Wondering if it would make sense to purchase an Annual Pass for my youngest (since they don't have the non expiring) to use for both trips and since the AP comes with PhotoPass downloads.

I priced things out and combining tickets for both trips and Memory Maker for both it is a much better deal to get an AP. But....
  1. I know since it's a package right now for October we all have to have the same ticket. But we can upgrade it when we get to WDW right - at a park (any ticket window or just guest relations)?
  2. If we upgrade right when we get there, can we then download all Photopass pics right away (I did read on Disney that they can get all photos from 1st valid date of AP - expire)
  3. Since it is a child's and the only one we have, as long as it is linked to the parents MDE, and we have the card, we can still get all the benefits right??
1. Yes.
Your other choice is to cancel your package tickets and just book "room only."
No advantage to buying tickets as part of a resort package unless you are booking
some resort deal that requires minimum tickets.
2. Yes.
3. Right.

1. Yes.
Your other choice is to cancel your package tickets and just book "room only."
No advantage to buying tickets as part of a resort package unless you are booking
some resort deal that requires minimum tickets.
2. Yes.
3. Right.

Thank you! That does make sense about the room only. I did just do an online chat with a CM (I know they notoriously give wrong info), and he said because the child is under 18 that we wouldn't benefit from anything that requires a purchase - like Photopass or dining, etc. I MAINLY just want to be able to download photos taken so I don't have to purchase MM.

Quick question- I am purchasing an AP that will expire on 9/21/2019. I am thinking about booking a free dining bounceback for December 2019. I am required to buy a 4 day hopper for this trip.

If I want to renew my AP next September, can I upgrade my tickets purchased as part of the free dining package even though I haven’t gone on the trip yet?

Thanks!

Quick question- I am purchasing an AP that will expire on 9/21/2019. I am thinking about booking a free dining bounceback for December 2019. I am required to buy a 4 day hopper for this trip.

If I want to renew my AP next September, can I upgrade my tickets purchased as part of the free dining package even though I haven’t gone on the trip yet?

Thanks!

That's a dilemma.
Generally, "resort package" tickets are not activated for the guest until the date of check-in.
(Or, if the guest is in-person at WDW, up to 10 days prior to check-in date.)

I think your surest bet is to renew the AP in Sept. '19 the conventional way (by paying for it) and then HOLDING your Dec. '19 package tickets for use/upgrade/partial payment for AP renewal following that trip sometime in the future.

-OR-
(If you will not be making any trips to WDW between Sept. and Dec. of 2019) just
buying a fully NEW AP using your resort tickets as partial payment in Dec., and that way, extend your NEXT AP through Dec. of 2020.

First let me say what a wonderful thread this is. I've never had ticket related questions before but if I did this thread would unquestionably answer it. So thank you!

Second, and random tidbit I thought I'd pass along. My sister in law visited WDW in June and had 3 days of entry left on tickets she had received free from her employer 14 YEARS AGO!!!! She had little faith in being able to use them, but sure enough Disney honored it for all 3 days! Now that is customer service.

Lastly my long awaited question :-) We have military discounted tickets (non-salute) for our trip later this month that we've decided to upgrade to an AP as we intend to come back in Feb for the half marathon. Having waited through the lengthly time it takes to upgrade tickets before and not wanting to waste time doing that again. I understand you can now upgrade via the app. From reading the forum I understand it is UNCLEAR if you can upgrade discounted tickets before entering the park. As I don't seem to have this option available in the app I will presume this applies to the military tickets and I cannot do this. So my question is, can I upgrade via the app once my ticket has been activated or do I have to go to Guest Services?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
First let me say what a wonderful thread this is. I've never had ticket related questions before but if I did this thread would unquestionably answer it. So thank you!

Second, and random tidbit I thought I'd pass along.
1. My sister in law visited WDW in June and had 3 days of entry left on tickets she had received free from her employer 14 YEARS AGO!!!! She had little faith in being able to use them, but sure enough Disney honored it for all 3 days! Now that is customer service.

Lastly my long awaited question :-) We have military discounted tickets (non-salute) for our trip later this month that we've decided to upgrade to an AP as we intend to come back in Feb for the half marathon. Having waited through the lengthly time it takes to upgrade tickets before and not wanting to waste time doing that again. I understand you can now upgrade via the app. From reading the forum I understand it is UNCLEAR if you can upgrade discounted tickets before entering the park. As I don't seem to have this option available in the app I will presume this applies to the military tickets and I cannot do this. So my question is,
2. can I upgrade via the app once my ticket has been activated
3. or do I have to go to Guest Services?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes. So nice to hear!
2. The simple answer is to try it when you are in the park and are ready for a little break later in the day.
3.At Guest Relations, in the afternoon and evening, there shouldn't be much of a wait.
Again, take a break later in the day and try to upgrade on the App. If it doesn't work, just go to a Guest Relations inside or outside the park
where you happen to be (BTW, if there's a non-busy ticket window, you could choose to go there for the upgrade,) and do the deal there.

Hello everyone! I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

We each have an 8 day Non-Expiration Pass (8 Days are left of a 10 day Non-expiring Pass). We became Annual Passholders this past year, and we were thinking of only getting AP’s for one year. However, we want to continue to renew them! Has anyone had any success of putting the value of these Non-expiring tickets toward an AP, Or are we stuck with them now? Thanks so much!!!

1. Yes. So nice to hear!
2. The simple answer is to try it when you are in the park and are ready for a little break later in the day.
3.At Guest Relations, in the afternoon and evening, there shouldn't be much of a wait.
Again, take a break later in the day and try to upgrade on the App. If it doesn't work, just go to a Guest Relations inside or outside the park
where you happen to be (BTW, if there's a non-busy ticket window, you could choose to go there for the upgrade,) and do the deal there.

Great suggestion! Thanks so much for the help

Hello everyone! I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

We each have an 8 day Non-Expiration Pass (8 Days are left of a 10 day Non-expiring Pass). We became Annual Passholders this past year, and we were thinking of only getting AP’s for one year. However, we want to continue to renew them! Has anyone had any success of putting the value of these Non-expiring tickets toward an AP, Or are we stuck with them now? Thanks so much!!!

It is not possible to upgrade or modify a ticket when it has been over 14 days since that ticket's first use.
It is only possible to simply USE, as-is, any still-valid assets remaining on that ticket.

(If your 10-day ticket had never been used, you COULD have used its value to help pay for a new AP or AP renewal.)

It is not possible to upgrade or modify a ticket when it has been over 14 days since that ticket's first use.
It is only possible to simply USE, as-is, any still-valid assets remaining on that ticket.

(If your 10-day ticket had never been used, you COULD have used its value to help pay for a new AP or AP renewal.)

Thank you very much for your response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter