Thank you Robo for all the great info!

Question re: upgrading. We are in ROFR for a resale DVC contract. Have a booked trip to WDW (6-ish days of parks) in August 2017, and likely trips in February 2018 (Presidents' week) and November 2018 (Thanksgiving, so 4-5 days).

Is there any reason NOT to get a multi-day ticket for August (finding the best discount we can from UT, Parksavers, etc) and then UG to an AP when we are there in August (as opposed to straight out buying an AP)? Wouldn't that effectively be a discount on an AP?

Since we are in resale, I'm expecting that we may renew our AP but we won't get the DVC discount (fine), but there's a discount anyway for renewing, right? Is there any reason NOT to do it this way?

And a follow up question: buying at this point from a discount reseller, we don't have to worry about getting pre-price-change tickets, right?

And a follow up question: buying at this point from a discount reseller, we don't have to worry about getting pre-price-change tickets, right?
The reseller will tell you if the tickets you're buying have an expiration date. (Right now, it's the end of 2018.)
All of those tickets will be from "new stock."

And, see post #779 for my answer to your "longer" question. ;)

The reseller will tell you if the tickets you're buying have an expiration date. (Right now, it's the end of 2018.)
All of those tickets will be from "new stock."

And, see post #779 for my answer to your "longer" question. ;)
Damn, you are fast! Thank you!

This may be a silly question, but we have an extra 1-day Adult ticket (unused.) The adults in our party have tickets already. Will they allow my child to use this, or will I have to purchase them an actual child's ticket?

I am looking for advice on Tickets and a split stay. We are likely doing a split stay for 12 days in August. 1st week will be offsite at Bonnet Creek, 2nd week we'll be onsite, most likely at POR. I booked the POR package with 8 day Park Hopper Plus tickets (we plan to do parks 8 days + water parks on 2 days, resort day and Disney springs on our arrival/departure). When I called Disney tonight to add dining to my package. I told the rep we had 8 day tickets and would like to begin using them "early" during the week we are offsite. She said we would have to drive over to POR and have the tickets activated during our offsite part of the trip (almost a week prior to check in), and that we would NOT be able to book ANY Fast Passes (not even at 30 days out) for our offsite days UNTIL we got those tickets activated in person. Has anyone encountered this situation? This seems very strange to me. I expected that I would no be able to book FP for our offsite days at 60 days, but I thought I'd be able to book them at 30 days out??

She said we would have to drive over to POR and have the tickets activated during our offsite part of the trip (almost a week prior to check in), and that we would NOT be able to book ANY Fast Passes (not even at 30 days out) for our offsite days UNTIL we got those tickets activated in person. Has anyone encountered this situation?
With a package, you can only pre-book your FPs for check-in date through checkout date of your onsite stay. The FP window then rolls forward each day after checkout day.

The only way to pre-book FPs for your offsite park days is to call and change your reservation to Room-Only and then add on separate 8-day tickets. You'll then be able to book for all park days when your 60-day window opens.

If you don't change to Room-Only, you'll have to wait to book those FPs for your offsite portion when you arrive and activate your "package" tickets at a Ticket Window or Guest Relations.

Split Stay - FP FAQ

With a package, you can only pre-book your FPs for check-in date through checkout date of your onsite stay. The FP window then rolls forward each day after checkout.

The only way to pre-book FPs for your offsite park days is to call and change your reservation to Room-Only and then add on separate 8-day tickets. You'll then be able to book for all park days when your 60-day window opens.

If you don't change to Room-Only, you'll have to wait to book those FPs for your offsite portion when you arrive and activate your "package" tickets at a Ticket Window or Guest Relations.

Split Stay - FP FAQ
Ok, separating to room only and tickets unfortunately may not be an option for us. We're hoping for free dining which would mean a package is required (from what I've read). It sounds like we would have been better of staying on site the 1st week and then moving off in order to get the full benefit of our tickets & FP booking.

1. Ok, separating to room only and tickets unfortunately may not be an option for us. We're hoping for free dining which would mean a package is required (from what I've read).

2. It sounds like we would have been better of staying on site the 1st week and then moving off in order to get the full benefit of our tickets & FP booking.

1. Correct.
2. Not necessarily "off site," but booked differently, anyway.

Ok ticket gurus, I need your help. We booked a last minute spring break trip and are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time. We didn't plan on going to any parks, and were just excited about getting out of cold Michigan.

However, we have a free dining bounce back trip planned for August, and will most likely be heading back to WDW next April for spring break. So that got us to thinking about upgrading to an AP during our August stay. Now I'm wondering if there is any way to get the August tickets this April and upgrade them to AP's; essentially getting 3 trips out of them. Is that even possible? If we have the package paid off can we pick up the tickets 4 months early?

Ok ticket gurus, I need your help. We booked a last minute spring break trip and are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time. We didn't plan on going to any parks, and were just excited about getting out of cold Michigan.

However, we have a free dining bounce back trip planned for August, and will most likely be heading back to WDW next April for spring break. So that got us to thinking about upgrading to an AP during our August stay. Now I'm wondering if there is any way to get the August tickets this April and upgrade them to AP's; essentially getting 3 trips out of them. Is that even possible? If we have the package paid off can we pick up the tickets 4 months early?

Sorry, no, you can't get the tickets 4 months early.

If you buy a ticket from Undercover Tourist, and it says, "4 Day (Hopper) Ticket With Extra Day," and then I want to upgrade that at the park, will I get credit for a 5 day Hopper? In other words, is that the same as a 5 day ticket?

Thanks!

If you buy a ticket from Undercover Tourist, and it says, "4 Day (Hopper) Ticket With Extra Day," and then I want to upgrade that at the park, will I get credit for a 5 day Hopper? In other words, is that the same as a 5 day ticket?

Not only is it the same as a regular 5-day ticket, it IS a regular 5-day ticket.

The "one day free" is a just a way of marketing a 5-day ticket at the price of a buying a 4-day ticket.

I have a 7 day PH from UT and want to add 3 days to it. My question is can I call Disney now and add those days or do I have to wait until our trip and add them in person with guest services?

I have a 7 day PH from UT and want to add 3 days to it. My question is can I call Disney now and add those days or do I have to wait until our trip and add them in person with guest services?
Must be done in-person.
Can also be done at any ticket booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter