All About the Food May 17-23, 2012

May 23 Beach Club Marketplace

We just shared a blueberry Muffin and a Yogurt parfait since we were leaving.

Other TreatsMain Street Confectionery in the Magic Kingdom

We wanted to bring the 3ds home some snacks so we stocked up. The girl was sweet and packaged the cookies so we could take them on the plane. I got them an assortment of the home baked ones plus the mickey mouse chocolate eared ones. I didnt want to get too much choc. as I was afraid it would melt.

Also got the fresh mickey rice crispy treat pops and 3 types of caramel corn.

Other Snacks: The only other snacks we had were 2 Kaki Goris in Japan

Also wanted to say in each dining place, I asked for a cup only, no ice. I bought my own water and powerade because the Florida water and all the meds I take for my cancer dont mix well. Everyone was really understanding and no one said anything etc.

Best Dining: Citricos as usual
Always Consistently good - Liberty Tree Tavern
Off Our List for Now : Tutto Italia

Well in a day or two I will be making adrs for our Nov. trip. So I will be back with another report then.

Happy Disney Dining to All!

Then the trouble started. There were 2 kids who were running wild up and down the aisles. First the little boy ran under a table by us and refused to come out. This family was def not happy with their unwelcome visitor.

Next the brother and sister kept running up and down again, as in a race. The parents did absolutely nothing but sit down. The server even made a comment to me, when the father finally got up. She said, oh I guess that is his father.

Have you never had a bad moment with a child? Let me guess....you don't have children. Shame on the parents, but life happens and you never know what to expect anywhere at WDW.

I can handle any kid situation. It's the stupid adults that bother me.

It is one thing to be dealing with a child's temper tantrum and a totally different situation in allowing a child to run wild in a restaurant. It doesn't matter if luvmarypoppins has children or not. :confused3 Good for her DH for saying something! :thumbsup2

Great reviews, Maryann. It was great seeing you & John again. I did love all that fresh fruit at The Swan's Garden Grove!

TC :cool1:

Thanks for the reviews! I'm glad Citricos and Hollywood Brown Derby were good, as I really like them both. :)

Great reviews LMP!!

We are most likely staying at the Polynesian in February. I can't wait to try Kona. We have had two dinner reservations there in the past that we have had to cancel for one reason or another. This time we HAVE to eat there!

A little bummed to hear about the changes at Cape May - we loved it there last trip. We have a mix of seafood lovers and nonlovers, so this was a good balance before.

I never tried the first Tutto, and if I keep reading reviews like yours on the new one, I won't be trying it either. But really, we get excellent Italian food around here so I see no need to order in Florida in any event. (I cook Italian well myself, actually.)

I agree with TC. Kids crying and making noise is one thing; running around a restaurant is a whole other thing because it's downright dangerous. I don't even want to post what I think of parents who allow that, and yes, I am a mother too. Trust me, my kid was never allowed to run around in a restaurant.

Sorry to hear that you are battling cancer, luvMP. I wish you the best of luck with it and hope you have a full recovery.

May 18Cape May Buffet Dinner

We were seated more by the back half of the buffet.
Dh is the seafood lover. I like more of the landlubber things.

We both had the chicken corn chowder soup. It was really good.

In the salad section, the potato salad had blue cheese in it and if you remember the buffet from before they used to have peel and eat shrimp, but now its a shrimp salad with onion, and maybe peppers and tiny shrimp.

The lanldubber section has been really cut back from before and really limited. I had some ribs, mashed potatos and green beans. There was not even a pasta dish as there was in the past.

The childrens section didnt even have a vegetable.

The carved beef had no gravy to go with it. Dh asked the chef.

Dh was happy with his crab legs.

Then the trouble started. There were 2 kids who were running wild up and down the aisles. First the little boy ran under a table by us and refused to come out. This family was def not happy with their unwelcome visitor.

Next the brother and sister kept running up and down again, as in a race. The parents did absolutely nothing but sit down. The server even made a comment to me, when the father finally got up. She said, oh I guess that is his father.

Then I told dh to be careful as I knew what was coming. Sure enough the little boy started running wild again and this time dh was coming back with a plate of food. Dh is big so lucky he only brushed into the kid. They both could have went flying. Dh had a little talk with the boys dad. I think they left the place after that. Everyone who was dining was relieved.

Just curious as to Disney policy for castmembers to deal with difficult guests. It always seems like they are told not to say anything. But this could have hurt people as it almost did. It was a safety issue as well as the rudeness issue etc.

For dessert I wanted a mini cupcake. There were none left. The server also took our silverware away . We had to ask her for more.

Liked the salt water taffy at the end

Surprise: We were given a little chocolate cupcake to share.

If you dont like seafood this might not be a good place, especially since the selections of non seafood items seems to be cut way back.

I wonder if this is because they are about to close for renovations. I don't think it's an excuse, I just wonder if that has to do with it. I tried to reserve it for our upcoming July trip and was told they would be closed for a few months. Maybe they are cutting back in preparation. Sorry it wasn't all that great.:sad1:

Ma 22 Tutto Italia Dinner

I was really looking forward to this since the menu change and since its always been a place we enjoyed going to.

Sadly dh has asked this place to be taken off our list due to our experience and the food. We are comparing the old Tutto versus the new Tutto. I guess if you didnt have anything to compare it to, you might have a different opinion.

First off, the bread they give you is now an almost non descriptive nothing. There were like 3 pieces of rosemary on one serving we had, none of the others.

The olive assortment is no more. They only serve a small dish of only green olives. Also an olive oil dipping sauce for the bread.

The service was really slow. So much that everyone was getting extra bread and olives.

Appetizers: Dh had the Prosciutto. It said it came with melon. Dh said he didnt see any melon on his plate. He didnt say anything.

I ordered the Ceasar Salad. It was good as usual and appeared the same as before.

Entree: Dh had the Tonnarelli. He did not care for it and I took a bite. I didnt care for it either. It tasted awful.

I had the lasagna. It was unevenly cooked. Some parts were barely warm and others were hotter.

Dessert: Dh had the pistachio dessert, not the gelato one. The serving seemed really small for the price.

I had the chocolate chip gelato. It was a big serving and good.

Surrpise: They bought us out a chocolate dessert that was in a chocolate and white chocolate cup. It was really good and I loved how they all sang. This was the only good thing about the whole meal I think.

This is really shocking to me. Have they changed again recently? We were there last July and the food and service was wonderful! I was nervous about the change when it first happened but have eaten there twice since and have been more than pleased. I am so sorry you had a bad experience. We are set to go there again this July, hoping its not a total disappointment.

The experience you spoke of is one of several reasons I do not go to buffets. Especially in WDW. I know all the character meals are going to be loaded w/ little ones and rambunctious behavior is to be expected. They are excited and must be given a little slack but unfortunately most people don't want to parent their children. I am a teacher and I know just how little many kids are disciplined.
Since my husband and I chose not to have children, we also chose not to have them ruin our meals. We have never had any child at Disney bother us at a restaurant but at home in NJ it happens all the time. In WDW we are as excited to be there as the kids and usually find them adorable and make friends w/ a few along the way. But these children should not be running around a restaurant no matter where they are. What is wrong w/ parents? I'm with your husband, I would of had some words for those parents! Are other people not entitled to enjoy their vacation? And just because I chose to have children does not make me evil and a child hater it's just my choice! So mind your business and mind your kid and we can all enjoy WDW.:cool1:

I love your restaurant choices! Many are on my list to try next time.

Also sorry about the disrespectful parents. That can really ruin a nice evening out! Glad you made the best of it.

K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter