Aldi products - who makes them??

We have an Aldi's and I hate that they will not tell you the country the product was made in (once in a while they do). I am very picky. I buy very little processed foods, so much of what Aldi sells is heavily processed.
??? I am wondering about your store.... I go to Aldi's for the least processed foods I can get at the cheapest prices around.... and if I am looking for something boxed/jarred,etc, they have the LARGEST selection of low ingredient list items I can find. Much of what Aldi sells is exactly the same product as their sister store,Trader Joe's. They have a large selection of fresh,organic,and higher quality foods (like European items,less crap ingredients) for my dollar than any local store. That said, there are some items I never buy.... I stick to mainly fresh,quick frozen,and organic and specialty (gf) items (and not eggs, I only buy OG eggs and they don't have them)

haha I got caught up in an old thread !!!:flower1: Well, since this thread started,Aldi has upped their game considerably for the good quality foods....

Aldi's food is a lot of fun. I like to buy the flavor of the month. It seems like they rotate through different specialty foods. One time they had chilled German sausages that were to die for. Saw them once, and only once (should have gone back the next day!). We got tons of awesome sauces and stir fry items during Chinese New Year. Just this weekend, I got some interesting Indian sauces and bread mixes.

haha I got caught up in an old thread !!!:flower1: Well, since this thread started,Aldi has upped their game considerably for the good quality foods....
Me, too!

Aldi has upped their game. I love their bottled purified water. It's like 1.99 and I am telling you, it taste better than any store brand.

Another must have treat for us are their coconut, caramel cookies. We did a side by side taste comparison to Girl Scouts Samoas and no one could tell the difference.

Produce has always been a good deal for us.

I wonder if you can just ask for the sourcing of products? My daughter was at a private school and Aldi's supplied the school with the sourcing of their foods on a specific list for the owner. In my area Aldi's milk comes from Byrne Dairy, a local dairy distributor. I shopped there 10 years ago and it was horrible. Looks like I will have to give it another try.

I live in the mid west and we have many Aldi locations. Mine is less than a mile for me. We love Aldi!!!!!! Our milk has no hormones in it. We buy everything there except their hamburger. I save so much every 2 weeks. We also try to eat healthy and Aldi makes this affordable. I also love going by myself so I have time to look around in their seasonal sections. I look forward to going.

I'll state this from the other end. Years ago I worked for a Big Minnesota Food Manufacturer that makes a lot of packaged foods.

Yes, we made store brands and generics - no, they were definitely NOT the same product. You'd turn the line to different (inferior) ingredients and a different formulation. We wouldn't dream of diluting the brand by selling the SAME cake mix as a store brand.

My husband works for a major food manufacturer....and they do make products for Aldi and he says their standards are higher than other brands they make things for....slightly different formulas, and different ingredients, mostly higher quality standards.

My uncle worked for a food manufacturing plant for YEARS until he retired and said the same thing! One of the products they manufactured was peanut butter. Each peanut butter brand got its own label and slightly different ingredients but all manufactured at the same plant!

I wonder if you can just ask for the sourcing of products? My daughter was at a private school and Aldi's supplied the school with the sourcing of their foods on a specific list for the owner. In my area Aldi's milk comes from Byrne Dairy, a local dairy distributor. I shopped there 10 years ago and it was horrible. Looks like I will have to give it another try.

You must be from Upstate NY... I miss Byrne Dairy since moving south and their ice cream cookie sandwiches were to die for!!!! YUM!!

ALDI opens store outside a major citys in lower income area's. That is what the web artical I read said along time ago.

That's not true...or it's no longer the case. The two Aldi's in the metro area where I live were opened in the fasting growing middle-class neighborhoods not near low income areas.

I've seen all types of clientele at Aldi's ...the way I see it, smart people shop there ;)

We use to shop at aldis when we lived in Iowa back in the day. Got excited when I heard they are opening two in my area. Can't wait for them to open.

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is for Aldi sodas and energy drinks?

code

Aldi is very strict about recalls and quality. Plus they have that double back return policy.

Some examples:

Tyson chicken
Clorox Bleach

Give it a try, I love must of their products but not all. Same as in any store.

Michelle[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that information!

Muellers, that's a brand we buy in the regular grocery store. For something like spaghetti, just the pasta, not mixed with anything but just the dry pasta, is the Aldi's version exactly the same as Muellers, just labeled differently? I tried to tell my dad that Aldi's has brand name manufacturers foods just under their private label and he told me that may be the case, but it's stuff the brand names rejected, didn't meet their quality standards. I didn't think this was true, even if it is, the quality is fine for me, I've liked everything except that noodles and sauce pack. I'm just curious. My dad is just a bit of a snob when it comes to this kind of thing and apparently thinks shopping at Aldi is beneath him :confused3 . To me that's just dumb, but whatever, he's shopping for one person, I'm shopping for five, I need to make my dollars stretch all the further!
I don't want to disrespect your dad but I have heard over and over that Aldi has stricter protocols for it's products than most manufacturers they purchase from. I will see if I can find any of the articles that state this and post the link if I can.

The original post was from 2008 and it was last posted to in 2016. Doubt the person is still looking for an answer.

This is a super old post, but since it popped up.......I don’t have Aldi’s where I live, but noticed a brand new one near Disney World. Will have to make a visit to stock the hotel kitchen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter