Alaskan Cruise Characters

daveyc150

<font color=blue>I read this forum all the time<br
I’m sailing on the Disney Wonder in August to Alaska. Which characters have special outfits? How many opportunities are there to meet them in these outfits?

Really excited, this will be my first cruise for a long time and I don’t want to miss out on anything.

On our cruise Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy and Chip and Dale all had Alaska outfits. There are plenty of opportunities to meet them but sometimes they are scheduled concurrently so you may have to pick and choose, or else get in one line 20 minutes before the character is scheduled to arrive so you can do the meet and scurry over to the other line before it closes. The lines on Glacier Day outside got long, we only did Minnie but ran into Donald on his way to his meet. The Chipmunks and Goofy also met at Preludes one evening, and the Fab Five were available on other days and times. The Fab Five also dressed up for Formal Night, and Mickey and Minnie also appeared in Captains outfits.

All of the above, plus met Koda from Brother Bear on Glacier Day out on deck (not in a special outfit).

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy each met twice on deck on Glacier Day. Not sure how many times they met indoors that evening. Probably two more times each. I don’t think Goofy and Chip and Dale were listed for being on deck, even though they were, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• 28CC88D8-07C3-4B94-A8E6-78F15FA313D9.jpeg
    28CC88D8-07C3-4B94-A8E6-78F15FA313D9.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 11
Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip & Dale all had special outfits on our cruise. You don't have to do the photos with them all on deck. There are special-outfit meet & greets on glacier day inside the ship, too. Check your Navigator.

Amazing thanks for the quick answers really can’t wait. I saw they do some craft activities too, any ideas on what?

I don't know anything about the activities but I did want to note that if you are doing late seating for dinner (or if you are up that late), the characters were out afterwards and we hardly ever stood in line. That was true for all of the photo backdrops, as well. On semi-formal night we took a picture at every station and did not stand in line once. The photographers were all gathered together chatting because they didn't have anything to do. And they took extra photos of us since they weren't busy. I have never experienced that before. Not sure if happened to be just that particular cruise but it was great.

Aside from the characters mentioned, there was also a Pixar Pals party on Skagway night. Sullivan, Boo, Jessie, Woody, Joy, Mr and Mrs Incredible, little boy from Up, and the characters from Ratatouille (sorry forgot their names). Although they’re not on Alaskan outfits, I was pretty excited as it was my first time seeing Sullivan after 12 Disney cruises.
3224E75A-9F2A-42B1-907F-FF31F680331A.jpeg

If you want the Alaska gear - make sure you get your photos while the ship is in Alaska! We made the mistake of thinking we could catch them on the last sea day, but they were no longer in the Alaska gear.

We went on the Alaska cruise this may. The fab 5 had 4 sets of outfits. The cruise outfits, formal night, Alaska gear, & at the character breakfast just the traditional (Minnie in her red polka dot dress). The only day the characters were in Alaska gear outside on deck to take pictures was on glacier day. They also have the Pixar characters, & saw Minnie in her captain outfit and Minnie & daisy in princess dresses. Also saw Anna, Elsa, Koda, tinker belle, stitch, hook

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter