Alaska * May 24, 2011

That makes three of us then.

Oh- we also got the doggie babysitter lined up.

The doors on the ship have a fish decoration off to the side that the CM's use to leave you information.

A fish extender is something you hang off of your fish. There are different designs, homemade very creative (or bought off ebay like ours- but custom designed). It seems to be a DCL exclusive thing.

Groups of people meet on the boards (like here) and agree to exchange little gifts with each other throughout the cruise.

That's all I know as this is my first DCL cruise.

Skye

Great explanation of the FE Skye. Emmielou check out the threads on FEs, they have a lot of useful information.

Thanks for the advice :) Can I ask a question? What is a fish extender?

If you do a quick search you'll come up with lots of threads regarding how to make or buy fish extenders and FE gift ideas. We haven't been on DCL since 2005 and I don't think the FE idea had really taken off - or door decorating, for that matter.

The two times we were on DCL it was the Wonder - it's a beautiful, very manage-ably sized ship. It's like WDW though - you can't do *everything*...

Welcome to the group!

Any tips...suggestions...must dos?:goodvibes

The must-dos depend on what you like to do. There's such an array of activities that fit every age group, personality, and lifestyle (from relaxing in the spa to dancing in a nightclub). However, if you like to laugh, the crew "talent" show on the last night is a must-see in my book!!

We found it very helpful to bring a highlighter to mark the activities we want to do each day in the daily Navigators (a newsletter you receive each night with tomorrow's schedule, restaurant hours, ashore times, etc). We also bring a power strip to use in the cabin because there are very few outlets and we get sick of unplugging and resetting everything.

I thoroughly believe in the power of being informed & prepared, so ask anything! :thumbsup2

Hi, we have just booked this cruise few days ago; and this will be our first Disney cruise. (YAY!!) We will be travelling with my 3.5 yr old DH and 2 yr old DS and we'll be staying in cabin 6605. I was so excited when I came across this forum yesterday, and mistakenly joined the discussion on a later cruise.

Is it too late to join the FE exchange? (I didn't even know what FE was until I started reading some posts yesterday; and it is such a neat and fun idea, especially for the little ones.) However, it's totally understandable if we won't be join since we're so close to the departure date already.

We're so looking forward to be on the cruise! :)

Hi, we have just booked this cruise few days ago; and this will be our first Disney cruise. (YAY!!) We will be travelling with my 3.5 yr old DH and 2 yr old DS and we'll be staying in cabin 6605. I was so excited when I came across this forum yesterday, and mistakenly joined the discussion on a later cruise.

Is it too late to join the FE exchange? (I didn't even know what FE was until I started reading some posts yesterday; and it is such a neat and fun idea, especially for the little ones.) However, it's totally understandable if we won't be join since we're so close to the departure date already.

Welcome! :wave2: You and the family will have a blast!

I would like to wish a very :bday: to our DD Emily who is 21 today. She can't wait to have a Disney pina colada. There are none like them. :love1:

Welcome!! Our first cruise too...yahoo :) Look forward to seeing you there!

Okay so seeing as I'm new to this cruise thing I have a question?
is there a formal night for dinner on the ship? Any advice on booking restaurants and/or services before departure?

Okay so seeing as I'm new to this cruise thing I have a question?
is there a formal night for dinner on the ship? Any advice on booking restaurants and/or services before departure?

Yes, there is a formal night and you can be fancy or not. Some people wear long gowns and tuxedos and other just nice dress cloths and jacket for the men.

Palo's is the only restaurant that you would need a reservation for and if you think you would like to dine there you could check to see if there are any available or right after you board there will be the opportunity to make a reservation. All other dining you automatically have a spot reserved.

This week - actually on Tuesday we'll break the 500-hour mark until we set sail! Does anyone else have the ShipMate app on their smartphone? I have a G2 and it's a nice little thing that will set you up with the itinerary, maps of each deck, excursion info and a countdown - highly recommend so far, I've heard good things this app being useful on the CruiseCritic boards for other ships so I thought I'd give it a try. Several suggest putting your phone in airplane mode (non-transmitting) and you can use at on board for maps and the ole' travel alarm clock. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!

3 weeks from tomorrow , we fly into Seattle!

Squid

Hi All:cool1:
They must of gotten an ear full from Disney Customers as to the problems associated with traveling to another country and then sailing to Alaska.. I do like the thought of the inside passage as that will be great for scenery.:wizard: Looking forward to meeting everyone and have we all agreed for a 2:00pm or 1400 meet at the promenade lounge?:dance3:I just would like a show of hands or pixie dust as to your participation.. We can all decide if we want another meet later in the cruise.. Look at the time:idea:
Bye for now

Jamespirate::grouphug:

Hi can we join in on the meet and greet? There are three of us...my friend and her daughter (22) we'll be in 8034
Looking forward to the trip :cool1:

I'm OK with one more for the FE...Can't speak for the other participants.

Welcome! We have a 20, 21, 25 and 27 year olds in our family. This doesn't include myself and DH who are old. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Welcome to the newbies:welcome: Please provide with the info for the list of meet and greet for the boat. I will add you and yours tot he list of "The 3 Hour Alaskan Tour":sail: If you look at the current list you will know what ifo I will need.. I have a picture of our humble FE on the site, it will give you some idea of what to do or you can be as creative as you want..We will be providing 1 gift per family and of course little do-dads here and there for the kids and special occasions..lol Since the group has said OK to the addition to the FE group, I say OK also.. Started packing yesterday and found again it is going to be a test of wills to keep under the 50 pound limit on the bags.. Going back through next weekend and taking out half the clothes..:laundy:

James:firefight:disrocks:

Hi all:cool1:
Is the term Samrt phone an oxymoron or what.. It is only as smart as the user..:rotfl: I just loaded the ship mate app for android and it is pretty good.. It even gives the position of the ship and is good for all the ships and different cruise lines--but best of all it is FREE.. I googled it as I was having problems on cruise critic finding it.. Actually went to the market and typed it in.. If you have an iphone or android it is well worth it..

Jamespirate:

p.s They need a totem pole to represent the Alaska cruise on here..

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter