Alaska Cruise on a tight Budget

looking for recommendations for hotels downtown Seattle near the cruise terminal, preferably with a free continental breakfast 😉
If sailing on Disney, they depart from Vancouver and not Seattle. But maybe you just want to stay by the cruise terminal in Seattle or are sailing another cruiseline.

There are two cruise terminals in Seattle, so it depends which one your ship is using. I've been to both of them. The Port of Seattle has a list online for what ship will be where.

If you are at pier 66, I have stayed in the Marriott Waterfront, which was very close, and your typical Marriott. Pier 91 is too far away to call downtown at all, but we stayed at the Renaissance downtown that offered a transfer to the pier.
looking for recommendations for hotels downtown Seattle near the cruise terminal, preferably with a free continental breakfast 😉

Wonderful! Thank you. I did a search and RCCL docks at Pier 91.
We are taking a family cruise with lots of kiddos so I thought I’d do some research on what hotel would work.

Depending on your kids‘ ability to pull or carry their own luggage / backpack, you might want to look at hotels near the Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. It has a station for the light rail, which runs from the airport. It’s a couple of dollars per person, has a luggage rack, is very clean, and runs all day.

I was in Seattle in September pre-cruise and did this. Then I walked around downtown, going to Pike Place Market and other sites. I used an Uber to get to my ship (It used Pier 66, so I don’t know the cost to Pier 91). I would imagine a timeshare large vehicle would be the best option, unless you can find a hotel with free shuttle to the port.

Seattle is definitely an eye-opener if you are not from a large city. But I travelled solo and did not feel unsafe.

I find Seattle hotels to be on the expensive side, especially during the cruise season. (That means anything over $200 for a one-bed room). Southcenter (Tukwila, about 5 miles from SeaTac, are often better prices, but some do not have shuttles). And if you want to do any sightseeing, you will spend at least 30 minutes each way in travel.

“Seattle is definitely an eye-opener if you are not from a large city. But I travelled solo and did not feel unsafe.

We are from the smallest of towns !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!