alamo rate..id#211220 worked great

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are nervous and want to have a coupon to show, go to costco.com and click on travel. Then click on car rental and then Alamo. Choose the 25% plus 1 day free code and print the coupon screen before you enter the site to make your reservation. Then enter into Alamo's site and it will give you a mid-size SUV for less than $135 for 6 nights/7days.
675899 and AF2772JDE are the codes.

Plus I pre-paid and saved another 10% = $120.16

Do you need to be a Costco member to use this code?

Do you need to be a Costco member to use this code?

The benefit of the costco discount is supposed to be for costco members.

We are Bjs members and in the past have used bjs coupons. Twice we've been asked for our membership card (for Bjs) out of about 6 rentals.
It would be like using a AAA rate if you are not a AAA member.

:confused3 Why would you think a COSTCO rate would be available to non-members?

Ohhh it made me think of situations in which for instance- people who use a Southwest code for discounted SeaWorld admission tickets which may have been intended for Southwest employees or affiliated with some sort of membership. Then they ask if any sort of ID is requested at the gates. I just skimmed thread on the SeaWorld forum so I could be wrong:confused3

Ohhh it made me think of situations in which for instance- people who use a Southwest code for discounted SeaWorld admission tickets which may have been intended for Southwest employees or affiliated with some sort of membership. Then they ask if any sort of ID is requested at the gates. I just skimmed thread on the SeaWorld forum so I could be wrong:confused3

The Soutwest SW promotions is intended for members of SWs RR (frequent flyer) program. There is no charge to join, anyone can sign up online.

Is there a way to use more than one ID# or coupon code with Alamo ?

OK, I just tried the Costco coupon and it came up to $294.94 but the #211220 coupon is $148.21 I think I will keep the $148.21 I just hope that I don't get a surprise when I pick up my car! (Oops sorry, this is for Sept 5-13 for a compact car.)

I returned my car on Monday June 30 at Alamo. I had no problems with any coupon codes. I used a Geico code and the kiosk did not ask for any printed codes. One other thing that I did have a problem with was. I drive a Honda Fit for my car at home and it gets 29-34 miles per gallon. I got a mid-size car from Alamo (Pontiac G6) and the best that thing got was 20-22 miles per gallon. I spent $150.00 in gas for it. :mad: That was for mostly highway driving as I had an 8 hour trip (4 there 4 back) to see some relatives.

I returned my car on Monday June 30 at Alamo. I had no problems with any coupon codes. I used a Geico code and the kiosk did not ask for any printed codes. One other thing that I did have a problem with was. I drive a Honda Fit for my car at home and it gets 29-34 miles per gallon. I got a mid-size car from Alamo (Pontiac G6) and the best that thing got was 20-22 miles per gallon. I spent $150.00 in gas for it. :mad: That was for mostly highway driving as I had an 8 hour trip (4 there 4 back) to see some relatives.

I think people are looking to see if this particular code posted in this thread has been a problem. Because when I called Alamo to check where it originated I was told it was for residents of Puerto Rico.

Here is the information I got directly through Alamo.

ID# 211220- linked to Puerto Rico, direct and is for residents of Puerto Rico. Supposedly Alamo would be looking for the information on the drivers license.

I thought about this and I went back to alamo.com and the first question asks "where are you from" of couse I have USA. If I used USA and this coupon is for PR I would think I would get a message stating that I couldn't use the coupon...but then again I'm not sure if their software is aware of the coupon too :confused3

Technically though Puerto Rico is part of the United States, so that might be a little loophole.

Originally Posted by eeyoresmom
Is there a way to use more than one ID# or coupon code with Alamo ?

You can combine a contract ID and a coupon code with Alamo, but I haven't found a way to use more than one of each.

#211220 doesn't do me any good for Sept. either. I checked all possibilities and the best rate I can get is the one I've already booked. Mid-SUV for 10 days using Entertainment code for free day and WM code for free driver. $253/all fees.

Here's the other rates I got using different combos of codes/coupons, (all figured on the hour):

No coupon, no code $310
Entertainment coupon, WM code $253
WM code, e coupon ad3829mrb, $253
WM code, e coupon ad2123jmc-not valid during rental time
code #211220, no coupon $462!
code #211220, entertainment coupon $433!!

Figured picking up on the half hour:
Entertainment coupon, WM code $405!!
code #211220, entertainment coupon $432 (really no change)

So, for me, traveling in Sept. #211220 doesn't work. No coupon, no code is actually less. :confused3

I am really surprised that the rates change so much on the 1/2 hour v.s. the hour. I never realized this before but I guess I've just been lucky and always did the hour, not the 1/2.

Another interesting thing was when I was deciding between going 9/1 to 9/11 or 9/2 to 9/12. Besides the airfare being alot less to go on 9/1, the car rental is also substantially less. :goodvibes Picking up on 9/1 it's $253, picking up on 9/2 it would be $404! Yikes :scared1: Would be $432 with #211220 (really no discount, only $25 off with entertainment code)

Hope everyone who got a great rate with the code doesn't have a problem. I'm sending you some pixiedust:

Technically though Puerto Rico is part of the United States, so that might be a little loophole.

Florida is part of the United States but residents of the other 49 states aren't eligible for FL resident rates. Why do you think people who aren't residents of PR are elgible for rates that are only applicable to residents of PR?

#211220 doesn't do me any good for Sept. either. I checked all possibilities and the best rate I can get is the one I've already booked. Mid-SUV for 10 days using Entertainment code for free day and WM code for free driver. $253/all fees.

Here's the other rates I got using different combos of codes/coupons, (all figured on the hour):

No coupon, no code $310
Entertainment coupon, WM code $253
WM code, e coupon ad3829mrb, $253
WM code, e coupon ad2123jmc-not valid during rental time
code #211220, no coupon $462!
code #211220, entertainment coupon $433!!

Figured picking up on the half hour:
Entertainment coupon, WM code $405!!
code #211220, entertainment coupon $432 (really no change)

So, for me, traveling in Sept. #211220 doesn't work. No coupon, no code is actually less. :confused3

I am really surprised that the rates change so much on the 1/2 hour v.s. the hour. I never realized this before but I guess I've just been lucky and always did the hour, not the 1/2.

Another interesting thing was when I was deciding between going 9/1 to 9/11 or 9/2 to 9/12. Besides the airfare being alot less to go on 9/1, the car rental is also substantially less. :goodvibes Picking up on 9/1 it's $253, picking up on 9/2 it would be $404! Yikes :scared1: Would be $432 with #211220 (really no discount, only $25 off with entertainment code)

Hope everyone who got a great rate with the code doesn't have a problem. I'm sending you some pixiedust:
What is the WM code? Is this an ID# or does it go in the "Rate/Product Code" box? Thanks:goodvibes

I think WM is the Walmart Code. It's for anyone as the Rate/Prod. Code.

When I plug in the 211220 it gives me a great rate, but it does say you may have to present the coupon. Where can I find the coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter