alamo rate..id#211220 worked great

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read somewhere that it is an AX code. Did you use an AX card? This code gives one of the best rates I've seen for the summer (which is still about 25% higher than rates I normally pay for MCO and I rent there at least 4 times per year).

We used a Visa card so it's not an AX code.

Thanks Disney Ron- we will be using a Mastercard so glad to hear it definitely isn't Amex! I guess we'll take our chances, we have reservations with ME anyway so we'll get to WDW one way or another. :p

ETA- We also have their version of the Emerald Aisle card so I wonder how that will impact our chances. Our friends that are travelling with us don't.

I would love to hear more success/failure stories with this code if anyone has them!

Thanks Disney Ron- we will be using a Mastercard so glad to hear it definitely isn't Amex! I guess we'll take our chances, we have reservations with ME anyway so we'll get to WDW one way or another. :p

ETA- We also have their version of the Emerald Aisle card so I wonder how that will impact our chances. Our friends that are travelling with us don't.

I would love to hear more success/failure stories with this code if anyone has them!

You're welcome ryan, and good luck, but I think it'll be alright.

These questionable codes scare me. I think I will stick with the Wal-Mart and Entertainment codes that I have had good rates with. These other codes are not a huge improvement in price if any at all. Has anyone tried using a Wal-Mart code with an Entertainment coupon? The free extra driver will be handy but not necessary if it is unusable with the Entertainment coupon. We always use Save Time and check in at the kiosk.

These questionable codes scare me. I think I will stick with the Wal-Mart and Entertainment codes that I have had good rates with. These other codes are not a huge improvement in price if any at all. Has anyone tried using a Wal-Mart code with an Entertainment coupon? The free extra driver will be handy but not necessary if it is unusable with the Entertainment coupon. We always use Save Time and check in at the kiosk.

While I question the codes too the prices are quite different with the questionable codes. For my rental the difference was $128 for an ecomomy between the 701 code and the Wal-mart one, both using the sites $25 off coupon.

While I question the codes too the prices are quite different with the questionable codes. For my rental the difference was $128 for an ecomomy between the 701 code and the Wal-mart one, both using the sites $25 off coupon.

I found a $300 difference between the walmart code and the 701 code for my trip in June!

For our May rental the 701 code shows a wopping savings of $3. However, for September the rate is about $85 less with the code and a one car class upgrade Entertainment coupon. From reading a Flyer Talk post, it appears that the contract ID is a travel agent code.

Could someone following this thread since the beginning summarize it? I skimmed through it and it looks like there are 3 codes floating around - 211220, 7011111 and 7014762. The first 2 codes cut my rate in half (211220 was about $20 higher than 7011111). Are all of these codes questionable? Thanks - I appreciate it!

Could someone following this thread since the beginning summarize it? I skimmed through it and it looks like there are 3 codes floating around - 211220, 7011111 and 7014762. The first 2 codes cut my rate in half (211220 was about $20 higher than 7011111). Are all of these codes questionable? Thanks - I appreciate it!

Yes, all the codes are questionable. From what I've been able to tell, 211220 is for residents of Puerto Rico and you need to produce a Puerto Rican driver's license. 7014762 is if you booked through a South American travel agency. No one seems to know where 7011111 came from, other than it was posted on Fat Wallet. While you can get great reservation rates with all three, who knows what will happen once you get to the counter. Up to you if you want to take a chance.

I posted earlier about 7014762. It is from a South American Travel Agency and Alamo did questionn us. Our rate went from the low $108 to $272. When we first booked the car, Alamo rental people said it was an AMEx code and fine to use. A few days prior to leaving, we were worried when we read some posts on the Disboards and made an alternate reservation. So, thankfully we did not have to pay $272.

Ryan, I am the poster that just returned and used that code successfully. I don't know where it came from but it worked. In fact the family that went up to the counter ahead of us used one of the other 2 codes mentioned prominently in this thread and was denied a vehicle, so when they walked away we went up to the very same clerk who smiled gave us our paperwork and told us to walk across the street to pick out our minivan. It was as easy as that.

Just curious - how did you know they used one of the other two codes?

I contacted Alamo and asked if 211220 was available for me to use. Their response was "thank you for contacting Alamo Rent A Car. Yes, you can use the code 211220. It is a legit code". I will take my email with me when I go! The email also showed I live in the US - not PR.

Just used the 701111 to get my 11 day rental to $245 with tax! Curious to see if others have feedback!

I contacted Alamo and asked if 211220 was available for me to use. Their response was "thank you for contacting Alamo Rent A Car. Yes, you can use the code 211220. It is a legit code". I will take my email with me when I go! The email also showed I live in the US - not PR.

I did the same thing and there was no problem using it. This is why I have a hard time believing anyone had a problem with it. It would be kind of like a bait and switch at that point.

Have a great vacation!

Oh yea sorry...add another 1 and it's and contract ID not a coupon.

Thanks! That took my reservation down another $45 (from $404 to $358). That's for 9 days and a Dodge Grand Caravan.

Has anyone established WHAT that contract ID is yet & who is "legit" to use it?

Thanks!

Found this on Flyer Talk (can anyone confirm if this is an agent code?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie's mom
7011111 for Alamo? It gave me $30 off another discounted price with the AD62435KC coupon. Thanks!!!
It's a travel agent code but when I tried it with that coupon, which is an Entertainment Coupon, they don't work together...and it didn't allow an override.
I did this in the Alamo Res system.
Someone could be asked to show their IATA card with that Travel Agent code when booking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter