Alamo "Drive Happy" deal?

I'll answer my own question. LOL! We used "skip the counter" so walked to the parking garage from baggage claim. A guy with a clip board walked up to us, as the guy in the little building was with another customer, and we showed him our reservation. He said"oh you have the drive happy deal" and basically let us pick the car we wanted! We could have had a mini-van, SUV, or a nice car. We picked a Jeep Latitude SUV, as it was just the two of us, and drove off happy! I think I paid $238 for 11 days, which I thought was a good deal. I did have a reservation for a compact for $211, but thought I'd take a chance with the "Drive Happy" deal and was glad I did.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have a reservation for June. Can you add an additional driver and use "skip the counter"? My confirmation says free additional driver but if that's a hassle, I'd rather skip the counter. Thank again!

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have a reservation for June. Can you add an additional driver and use "skip the counter"? My confirmation says free additional driver but if that's a hassle, I'd rather skip the counter. Thank again!
Yes, you will add the second driver info when you do the Online Check-in (do this the day before you leave). Print the "check-in" paperwork and take it with you. When you arrive at MCO, just go right out to the Alamo area in the parking garage. Head to the aisle/size that you have booked and pick a vehicle, load up and drive to the exit gate. Hand the paperwork, your drivers licences and the credit card that you used to check=in. The attendant will verify all the info, scan out the vehicle, hand you a receipt and raise the exit gate. You are on your way.

Question on this - I have reserved the Drive Happy Deal and am also an Alamo Insider. So do we just pick whatever car we want and go to the exit booth? The Drive Happy Deal says that the vehicle size/type is determined at the time of rental. Does that mean I have to go to the counter first?

When we got our Drive Happy vehicle in June, we were told which aisle to go to and picked our car from what was available. I can't remember which aisle that was but there were vans available.

Question on this - I have reserved the Drive Happy Deal and am also an Alamo Insider. So do we just pick whatever car we want and go to the exit booth? The Drive Happy Deal says that the vehicle size/type is determined at the time of rental. Does that mean I have to go to the counter first?
Friends of ours just came back yesterday and they said Alamo had an aisle marked "Drive Happy" and it had quite a variety of vehicles, some mid and full size cars as well as some small/midsize SUV's. They picked a Toyota Rav 4 for the week

I got this deal for a last minute trip my son and I are taking. I'm SO happy with the deal! $15/day? I haven't gotten that sort of rate in years.

Can you use the kiosk if you have a Drive Happy reservation?

Can you use the kiosk if you have a Drive Happy reservation?

Do you mean the kiosk at the end when you're in the car? That seems to be answered "yes" with a couple experiences above.

Or the kiosk in the airport? Not sure why you would need to do that.

The check in kiosk, so I do not have to see an agent.
Yes (with Alamo), or you could use the on-line check-in the day before you leave, print the paperwork and take it with you. Then when you arrive, you just bypass the counter and kiosks and go straight out to the garage and pick your vehicle.

What are the chances of getting a regular (not sport, not pick up or van) car at 11-11:30 pm on a Saturday with drive happy?

What are the chances of getting a regular (not sport, not pick up or van) car at 11-11:30 pm on a Saturday with drive happy?
Pretty good. There were more sedans than SUVs/ vans when we landed at 11:30 p.m.

We land at noon on a Friday, 11/11 Veterans day. Right now I have a full size booked with Alamo. The Drive Happy deal is about $25 less, but I'm not sure it's worth the chance of getting a smaller car since we are 5 people. Anyone have experience with pick up on a Friday?

Picked up at mco yesterday (at 530 not 1130 though) and it was all sedans. No big vehicles at all.

Does anyone have any recent "DRIVE HAPPY DEAL" reviews? We pick up on Sunday and I am wondering if its worth the $20 difference to Dollars rates. Thanks!!

OMG!! Love love "Drive Happy" at the Atlanta International Airport a few weeks ago, needing a larger vehicle for my mom's wheelchair & walker + luggage for 2 and 21 days. Every company was over $700. A young lady from another company took my phone, started typing, gave me my phone back. She tells me to put in my personal information, go to the Alamo counter, they will do your paperwork, go to the garage and pick out what you want. I went to the 1st SUV I saw, a Jeep Compass, PERFECT!
$562 for 21 day, yes I was a HAPPY DRIVER, "Drive Happy"

sorry guys I failed to report back!

We arrived 9am Sunday morning, grabbed our luggage, went to the garage, and was greeted by an Alamo employee, who directed us to the fullsize aisle. Lots of Camrys and Hyundais. We ended up with the only SUV looking vehicle, a Kia Soul. I was happy with that.

I have another Drive Happy Deal booked for Memorial Day Weekend. I will try and report back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter