• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alabama DVCers? -- Got 15?

Well I reside in California but grew up in Alabama. I've been in Ca since 1986 but go back "home" each year. I have two boys (5&7) and we leave CA each summer for a month. We start back on the farm in 'Bama and visit with the family for a good week then drive down to WDW for 7-12 days (this coming summer 11 days) then back to Alabama. Sure July in the south isnt the most desirable but we dont even notice it since we are just happy to be home!

Mickey'sApprentice said:
I gotcha!

Just curious. Do you watch or have you watched Rocket City Rednecks? If so, what do you think?

I have and have met a couple of them. I like their ideas but they play up the redneck part a bit TOO thick. :-)

Hi Alabama DVCers.

Hope everyone had a great summer. Fall is here now and time to rev up the Alabama Board. Anyone not listed at the front of this thread give us a shout out and we'll add you. We will be at the Doplhin on Dec. 15th and at BLT from Dec. 16th-21st. Let us know if you'll be at Disney soon or for the holidays.

Hi Alabama DVCers.

Hope everyone had a great summer. Fall is here now and time to rev up the Alabama Board. Anyone not listed at the front of this thread give us a shout out and we'll add you. We will be at the Doplhin on Dec. 15th and at BLT from Dec. 16th-21st. Let us know if you'll be at Disney soon or for the holidays.

We're going Fall Break which is Oct 5-12th staying at BLT. Just made our first reservations for Aulani for Spring Break...SO excited!

We are from Dothan! We just bought in to DVC at AKV. Just waiting on our points to be transferred. We will be going to Disney Oct 12-16 staying at OKW.

We are from Dothan! We just bought in to DVC at AKV. Just waiting on our points to be transferred. We will be going to Disney Oct 12-16 staying at OKW.

I'm so jealous. You're only 6 hours away. That extra 2 hours from Montgomery really makes a day trip for us pretty rough. We usually end up In a hotel room on the way down and back. We did the entire trip coming back our last trip and we felt it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm so jealous. You're only 6 hours away. That extra 2 hours from Montgomery really makes a day trip for us pretty rough. We usually end up In a hotel room on the way down and back. We did the entire trip coming back our last trip and we felt it.

We live in Huntsville and always drive it in a day. It's a long day, but at least we're at our happy place that much sooner. ;-)

I can make it in 5.5 hours if we don't stop to eat :-) now that we have twins that will never happen again!!

I am an Auburn alum ('95) and my husband is a Troy alum ('98) but a huge Alabama fan, so we are house divided. I was lucky enough to attend the Auburn national championship in Arizona and the Alabama national championship in New Orleans! I must admit New Orleans was so much more fun than Phoenix.
We would have gone to Miami but I was 8 months pg with twins.

We are a house that separates academics from athletics. We are both Bama fans but my degree is from AUM and DW got her doctorate from Auburn last year. She got her master's degree from Troy Montgomery. I don't know about you but the worst part of the drive for us is from Tallahassee to Lake City on I-10. It seems like we'll never get to I-75.

Our drive is different from Chelsea. We head down 280 through Opelika and Columbus to Albany, GA, then over to Tifton, GA where we hit I-75, then it's a straight shot to WDW from there. Takes about 8 1/2 hours...

We drove down last week and did a 3 night cruise on the Dream and an extra day at BWV before coming home. 7 hours is at quick as we can get there from Troy.

We are headed down October 11 for 5 nights. We are DVC but it looks like there's nothing available for that holiday weekend. We are trying out Coronado springs for the first time. Even our fav Port Orleans is booked. Looks like we are going to MNSSHP on Tuesday night!! We are from montgomery also and we travel to Columbus and tifton route also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter