• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Sundown Mingle

dismiss

Mouseketeer
Has anyone attended the new member mingle at AKL

They spoke about it in the Fall Disney Files.

We will be there in Oct and wanted to know if it is worth
checking out

Thanks

checking out

Thanks

We just went tonight and thought it was lovely. They gave us member buttons and member hats with giraffes on them. :). They had iced tea, lemonade, punch and an alcoholic rum punch (quite yummy!). Food offerings included grilled/fresh veggies w/ranch dip, pita bread w/hummus, mini crab cakes, samosas and chicken dumplings with a variety of sauces.

We played a few games and met some other members. At the end they did a drawing for a $100 gift card. There was no sales pitch. In fact, the guide said that anyone with questions about adding on could talk to him after the event but that the next hour was simply for celebration. It was really nice and definitely worth the hour.

We just went tonight and thought it was lovely. They gave us member buttons and member hats with giraffes on them. :). They had iced tea, lemonade, punch and an alcoholic rum punch (quite yummy!). Food offerings included grilled/fresh veggies w/ranch dip, pita bread w/hummus, mini crab cakes, samosas and chicken dumplings with a variety of sauces.

We played a few games and met some other members. At the end they did a drawing for a $100 gift card. There was no sales pitch. In fact, the guide said that anyone with questions about adding on could talk to him after the event but that the next hour was simply for celebration. It was really nice and definitely worth the hour.

Did you register today or earlier?

Sounds like it was quite interesting
What time did it start and where did they hold it?
Is it every night or only certain days?

Thanks again:goodvibes

Did you register today or earlier?

We registered when we arrived on Saturday.

Sounds like it was quite interesting
What time did it start and where did they hold it?
Is it every night or only certain days?

Thanks again:goodvibes

It is Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-6pm. It was held on the two balconies off of the lobby that overlook the Arusha savannah. They split us into two groups with half on each balcony. I would say there were about 40 people in each group.

checking out

Thanks

I wish I could give you a review, but unfortunately, when I was there last week, they told me that the only one I could make was full. I've been told they hold open spots for prospective members (currently non-members, potential sales), because it's supposedly really about sales. One DVC family I know of was told that although it was full, they could check back about 4:00 on the day of for an opening. So if you're interested, sign up early!

I wish I could give you a review, but unfortunately, when I was there last week, they told me that the only one I could make was full. I've been told they hold open spots for prospective members (currently non-members, potential sales), because it's supposedly really about sales. One DVC family I know of was told that although it was full, they could check back about 4:00 on the day of for an opening. So if you're interested, sign up early!

It is not at all sales-related. They didn't discuss membership at all. While it is open to non-members I didn't meet any in our group of 40.

We will be using our membership for the first time this Thanksgiving. Do you think they will still have the mingles around the week of Thanksgiving? We arrive the day before Thanksgiving and stay until the eve of the following Monday. I would like to take part, but dont know if they adjust schedules around holiday times. TIA

We will be using our membership for the first time this Thanksgiving. Do you think they will still have the mingles around the week of Thanksgiving? We arrive the day before Thanksgiving and stay until the eve of the following Monday. I would like to take part, but dont know if they adjust schedules around holiday times. TIA

There is no way to know if they will still have the mingles during Thanksgiving week. I do think, however, that even if they do have them you may be out of luck. You arrive on a Wednesday, which means you'd have to sign up that day. There have been reports of the mingles filling up days in advance so that doesn't bode well for you. If you could do the mingle the following Monday night you should be getting in, but if you have to leave by/before 5:00 that wouldn't work.

Of course you should definitely stop by the DVC desk and see if there is room for you on that first Wednesday, if it fits into your plans. You never know!

Thanks Mousemomx2. We dont leave until 9 on the Monday. So if they have it on that Monday and we got in it would be perfect, we could do that as our last activity befroe heading to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter