AKL Sold out?

mouseketeermama

Mouseketeer
I know that the site has been experiencing some glitches, but I was hoping to add a day to the beginning of our reservation from 2/10-2/14. All the rooms, with the exception of the 2 bedroom suite that I can't afford, are coming up sold out. Is there something going on that week that I should be aware of? I though it was still considered value season and that crowds would be low? Now I am slightly freaking out that everything is going to be packed when we go.:scared:

I know that the site has been experiencing some glitches, but I was hoping to add a day to the beginning of our reservation from 2/10-2/14. All the rooms, with the exception of the 2 bedroom suite that I can't afford, are coming up sold out. Is there something going on that week that I should be aware of? I though it was still considered value season and that crowds would be low? Now I am slightly freaking out that everything is going to be packed when we go.:scared:
There is a dance or cheer championship that weekend. And the schools in Louisiana get out for the whole week, beginning with that weekend. That may or may not factor into your problems adding a day to your trip. My suggestion is to give Disney a call. People have been successful booking something that showed up as unavailable on the website. Maybe some pixie dust will come your way. pixiedust:

EEK! Yes I think I will just call. The only things showing any availability are BC and YC. My husband will kill me if I drag him to Disney and it is that busy!

Hi there, I had a similar thread up yesterday since I'm staying at AKL from 2/7 to 2/13....and seeing all the resorts being booked. Please come back here and let me know what CM says on the phone? Some people suggested that on site resorts get filled up because of the promotion, which lured people who were going to stay off-site into on-site.

I also will be very stressed if the parks are going to be super busy, since we picked the value season because it won't be too crowded....

It is Mardi Gras time so there are lots of posts from Louisiana folks that will be there ( you'll see a lot of gold and purple!) Also, NE school break is the following week but some families ( mine included) will head down mid week to beat the astronomical airfares this year. The Daytona races are also somewhere around this time and people combine the Daytona and Disney trips.

Schools in the NE have Mid-Winter Break. Mine starts the following week. Not going to Disney though. :(

There is a dance or cheer championship that weekend. And the schools in Louisiana get out for the whole week, beginning with that weekend. That may or may not factor into your problems adding a day to your trip. My suggestion is to give Disney a call. People have been successful booking something that showed up as unavailable on the website. Maybe some pixie dust will come your way. pixiedust:

The dance and cheer competitions at that time of year may jam up the resorts but don't typically translate into outrageous crowds in the parks as the kids are generally fairly busy with their competitions as WWOS with only a little free time to visit the parks.

The National High School cheerleading championship is that weekend so that will account for some of the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter