AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from AKL. We enjoyed our 7 days there but yes it is quite tiring taking buses.That along with our room being far from the lobby,we returned home needing another vacation.We didn't find our room dark but you could say we were not in there much during daylight.The rooms are a little on the smaller side but quite nice and comfortable.Would i go back again?????? YES in a heartbeat!!:thumbsup2 :goodvibes:)

....we checked in early this morning and got upgraded to a Savannah - view room....

9 days until we check into our 2 B/R Villa with Savannah View at Kidani! :cool1::banana::yay:

Really hoping that we don't get a room located in the furthest point possible.

We leave for the airport Sheraton tonight after work. Tomorrow at this time we will be in the air! :goodvibes

Kidani, here we come! :yay:

I'm thinking we're going to be placed at the furthest of the furthest away from the lobby (which is fine since we have a car) at Kidani, but we do have reservations at Jiko & BOMA at Jambo.

Do we just drive over to the other hotel? Walking seems like it would be a time suck, but how long is the walk? Is it far? I haven't seen a distance estimated? Anyone with a fitbit have the mileage :rotfl:

But in all seriousness -- I'd appreciate any insight into how to hop between the hotels. Can we park between them? Walk?

Thanks!

I'm thinking we're going to be placed at the furthest of the furthest away from the lobby (which is fine since we have a car) at Kidani, but we do have reservations at Jiko & BOMA at Jambo.

Do we just drive over to the other hotel? Walking seems like it would be a time suck, but how long is the walk? Is it far? I haven't seen a distance estimated? Anyone with a fitbit have the mileage :rotfl:

But in all seriousness -- I'd appreciate any insight into how to hop between the hotels. Can we park between them? Walk?

Thanks!

There is a shuttle between Jambo and Kidani. It usually runs every 10 minutes.

You can also take a park bus to Jambo and the Downtown Disney bus back to Kidani.

Thanks!

It depends on which wing you're on in Kidani. If you're at the end on the side close to Jambo, it's a 7 or 8 minute walk. It was also a 7 or 8 minute walk to the Kidani lobby from the end of Kidani. No joke. So we found it easier to walk to Jambo for most things. Crazy. But if you're on the far other side, the quick drive over wouldn't be nuts either. It would be very practical actually.

Well if anyone has a "not to miss item" for Zurich or Basel Switzerland I am all ears and eyes...

We are staying at another Disney Resort on property, but wanted to bring the 3 toddlers by to experience AKL and what is has to offer (before buying our AKL contract). Can anyone suggest what there is available at AKL for a 3, 2, and 1 year old? I want to make sure that we love it before making this our our new "home". I've tried scrolling through the thread(s) and there is so much between all of them that I haven't been able to read every post.

Since there's now an AKL "LITE" #11, and this thread is over 250 pages, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter