AKL Concierge

LOL, I had the vaccine against it!

I have never brought food or drinks to a concierge stay. Am I weird?

No, but we're picky about brands of soda, have diabetics and don't always want to go to the lounge for adult beverages.:goodvibes

Do those DVC rooms on 6 have stoves and laundry facilities in them? It would be awful to smell 'spring time Bounce and food cooking ' instead of the spicy aroma from the lobby. Hopefully they won't.

As for the lounge on 4, I can only reiterate that was what I was told in December by Jack when I asked about the standard concierge rooms on 4. That they would have some kind of lounge set up down there in the future.

Perhaps it won't be a full scale lounge but a quick place for coffee or soft drinks without the food. Time will tell.

Yes, they will have kitchens and laundries in them.

As for what Jack told you in December.....I'd take it with a grain of salt. There can be as much speculation and rumors running through CM's as there are here at the DIS. You see documentation of CM's "talking", and being incorrect, all through the DIS boards. However, the legal documents filed, and the declaration, are LEGALLY BINDING agreements. The DVC operating the concierge lounge for AKL has a direct impact on the AKV operating budget, and thus, member dues. I think it's safe to say that those documents carry a bit more weight than the word of a CM, back in December, before many of the "facts" were actually released (which happened in early February). There have been LOTS of rumors, both from CM's and from other places, circulated about AKV. Many of them have turned out to be untrue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!