Akershush Dinning for Adults???

mdpandrkp

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My husband and I are visiting WDW in April for my birthday and our wedding anniversary! He has never been to WDW before and I'm so excited for him! I have reservations for Akershush for dinner. How is the food? Will it be weird to be a table of only adults dining with the princesses lol?

Can anyone tell me about how much the dinner will cost?

Thanks for your help!

If you want the exact cost, call 407-WDW-DINE and give them the date you intend to be there.

Hi everyone! My husband and I are visiting WDW in April for my birthday and our wedding anniversary! He has never been to WDW before and I'm so excited for him! I have reservations for Akershush for dinner. How is the food? Will it be weird to be a table of only adults dining with the princesses lol?

Thanks for your help!

I've been to the Akershus with an adults only group. It was fine and I didn't feel uncomfortable. The princesses will come to your table just like they do with kids. They'll take photos and sign autographs if you want.

Regarding the food...it was okay. You're mostly paying for the characters, so the food is secondary. The appetizers are from the cold buffet and a few had some slight Norwegian twist. They were pretty good. The entrees were okay, but pretty mainstream. The desserts are served family style. I liked the chocolate one, but the rice pudding was not my thing. We felt the service was okay, but slightly rushed. We were still eating our appetizers (we had only been back to the table for a few minutes) when the entrees arrived. Otherwise it was okay.

Overall, I liked the Akershus as a way to see the princesses in a less expensive manner (CRT has a better atmosphere, but is much more pricey). It's somewhere I'd go once every few trips, but the food was not that great to warrant going every trip.

Thanks figment! I think we will definitely do this dinner. I would love to meet Ariel and it sounds like the overall experience is worth going at least once!

I personally used to eat at Akershus on a fairly regular basis - until it went all princess, all the time. After that , the focus was on the families, not on the food. I have not been there since it became a princess meal.

You will not feel uncomfortable. The princesses like everybody. If you enjoy meeting princesses, you will have fun. But don't expect the food to be the greatest.

This restaurant is a must do on each of our trips. We have two young daughters that love seeing the princesses, but my husband and I also love the food. If we were going on a couples only trip, I would still make reservations for here. Unlike the other posters, we really enjoy the food here. We've always had a delicious meal and have never been disappointed. We really (my husband especially) like the cold buffet before the meal. It has salmon, cold meats (turkey, ham), assorted salads (pasta, regular, chicken), breads, assorted cheeses, fruit. We have always enjoyed our entree here as well. I had the mushroom pasta for the first time on our last trip, and it was my favorite dish of our trip. Delicious!!!! I highly recommend it if you like mushrooms and pasta. The dessert is served family style. It has three desserts on a platter--I like two out of the three; I don't like the rice pudding, but my family does. I don't think you'll feel the least bit awkward being an adults only table. You'll see a variety of guests there. Go and have fun!

Our Ratings of Akershus: (rev 2/14/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: A

NOTE: For food, alone, Akershus is grossly overpriced. However, as with
most character meals, you are paying for the characters, and possibly
atmosphere, but not the food. Food is ample and tasty, but quality only
average. However, the princes interaction is typically a lot better than at
the Castle.

Exciting!!
We just did a dinner at Akershus on our adults only trip and it was a blast! It's around 70 with a non alcoholic drink in there as well. The cold buffet has lots of choices and the meal/desserts are great! Princesses are awesome, and will stop to say hello at your table even without kids, it's a lot of fun!

I highly recommend the meatballs!

My personal preference is Cinderella's Royal Table over Akershus, but you will not/should not feel out of place at a character meal. DH and I love them and go to them all the time when we go to WDW. I can eat great steak (better than many places at WDW) here in Dallas, along with Mexican food, etc, but I can't eat with Chip and Dale except for when I'm at WDW. It's worth it, do it and have fun!

My sister and I travel to WDW regularly and are adults without any kids. We do every character meal possible and absolutely love them. Chef Mickey, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, CRT, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus and more! We have never felt awkward or out of place and we often see other adult only tables too.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks guys! We have reservations! We chose to make reservations on our anniversary. I can't wait! We have 18 days to wait :)

Thanks guys! We have reservations! We chose to make reservations on our anniversary. I can't wait! We have 18 days to wait :)

How exciting! I think you'll really enjoy the food and the dining experience here. Have fun counting down to your special trip and have a happy anniversary!

We will also be 2 adults only there, I think on the same night, so you will not be alone! DH picked this for his birthday dinner :goodvibes Happy anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter