AK tours - which fits better?

Delphinidae

Mouseketeer
I've been reading several older threads regarding the different tours at AK. We're considering trying to book one for our trip next month if still available, especially since I haven't been able to book the FEA dessert party :(

I think we would enjoy both Wild Africa Trek or Savor the Savanna, but I'm not sure which would work better into our day without taking too much time away from the park itself. So far our AK day looks like this:
8am EMH- get there early and try to hit up Pandora and FOP first thing, no solid plans after that for rides.
9:50 - fp for Safari
12 - fp for EE
1pm lunch at Yak and Yeti
5:40 - fp for FOP

Now I know if we do the WAT I can drop the fp for the Safari. I have not been able to grab an earlier time for EE or FOP. My main question is for the WAT I know there are morning and afternoon tours and I know it's a longer tour, so I'm not sure how or where to place it without disrupting the other plans or without losing time during the morning where we can (hopefully) get to ride FOP.

The Savor the Savanna tour may be easier to fit in but I am just not sure if we would then wish we did WAT for the little bit of extra activity it seems to offer.

Sigh. Help?

Check night before and day-of for earlier FP times. That's when people start changing their minds, very very very few people will change their mind a month or even a week before the trip. I think you'll be fine with a 12 FP for EE right before lunch. I would, however, move your FP for FOP to a time far earlier, especially if you're interested in a 4th or 5th FP. I would still do KS even if you did WAT but it's your choice. Perhaps you could catch the 2:30pm WAT after lunch. Any of the Savor the Savanna times seem okay for your itinerary.

If I were you and doing the WAT I would move your FoP FP to a time before lunch and fit in shows around rides in the morning, do the 2:30 trek, use any 4th or 5th FPs and walk along the trails, then explore AK at night. If I were doing StS then I'd move FPs to closer to afternoon/right before and after lunch. In the morning do rides that you don't have FPs for and maybe catch a show before the first FP. After your third FP maybe pull more and use them, also watch shows and explore the trails. Then StS before exploring AK at night.

Oh believe me I'm definitely trying to move up the FOP FP. I've been checking all the time and will continue to check for earlier times. Initially I wasn't even able to get a FP at all for it for that day, so I snagged one for our last park day. It's also a late FP around 5pm and I may or may not keep it depending on how our actual AK park day goes.

I suppose though that that gives us another option of doing a tour on that last park day...we don't really have plans set in stone for that day as we have hoppers and were going to see which parks we wanted to do a second time. I do have a lunch reservation at BoG for 12 that day however as I couldn't get one for our MK day 🙄 which kind of sucks because I can't get any fastpasses for the morning at MK with that FoP fp hanging around for that evening. But maybe we try EMH at MK and stay till after lunch then head to AK and do the tour and FoP....just hate losing out on fastpasses 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter