AK advice

Devie

Earning My Ears
We will be at AK on 12/29 until about 2. I am anticipating ridiculous crowds, so trying to plan realistically. We have Genie plus, grandparent and toddlers to all take into account.

I can’t seem to fit lion king, Nemo and the bird show. Safari, Navi and triceratops in. What’s worth dropping?

I know it’s not the ideal plan, but this is very much a leisure trip and plan is to keep everyone relaxed and happy. Avoiding my usual Disney rush rush. 😫

Do the Safari and one of the shows - either Nemo or Lion King. If you have extra time spend it on the walking trails. Triceratops Spin is similar to Dumbo and Aladdin’s Flying Carpets in MK so I wouldn’t prioritize that. I’ve never been terribly impressed by Navi - it’s pretty but that’s about it.

I agree with dropping the bird show and Triceratops Spin, but the grandparent and toddlers would probably enjoy Navi. Navi is off in the Pandora section, though, so if time looks tight even after dropping the birds and the spin, they'd probably enjoy the walking trails (especially Gorilla Falls, with the entrance right after you get off of Safari). And with toddlers and grandparent, don't completely write off Rafiki's - a train ride to a petting zoo!

G+ safari. Rope drop Navi (done by 9). Walk to Africa and ride safari (done by 10). Fit in Lion king and gorilla falls trail depending on the show time. Plan for the 30 minute standby wait for Lion King and another show. This will get you to 11/11:30. Then choose which show you want to G+ or start stacking for another park. You can easily fit in Nemo/Bird show and Triceratips by 2pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter