AirTran

We'll be flying Air Tran in September. We are driving about an hour (from Louisville to Lexington) because I got rt tickets for about $140. each (plus tax and we paid extra for assigned seating)

The cheapest flights I can find out of Louisville start at $250 rt. Even paying $11. per day for parking in Lexington, we still come out way ahead.

We have flown airtran the last 2 trips and will be flying with them again this October. We have never had a problem with them! It's always just my son and I, and I always just reserve my seats ahead of time and have never had a problem. Usually the back 2 rows are free, so we take those if they are available, and if not, it's just $6 a seat. I recommend them to everyone!

Last time we flew to Florida we flew with Air Tran, we had no problems at all, we would use them again if the price was right.

I love flying Airtran! I make sure I get to the airport about 2.5 hours before my flight and for $35 to $65 per seat we get upgraded to first class and have a big roomy seat and drinks and snacks. You sit 2 to a row instead of 3 to a row and it makes a 2 hour 20 minute flight so much more enjoyable. I have been able to get upgraded about 90% of the time.:cool1:

Airtrain just bumped our flight down in October from 10:30 to 11:30 and our friend just got bumped from a NS flight to a 1 stop flight. He was able to call and change to a NS flight but it's at a completely different time. If we get bumped again I'll cancel our flight and go to SW, who just lowered their prices on the 10:30 flight on our day by about $100. That puts the flight at what we paid for the AT flight. I'll pay extra for preferred seating if I must. I paid for a specific flight. I don't want that flight time constantly moved for no good reason.

Pre-assigned seats question...

On our upcoming flight, we pre-paid for our seats. On one side of the plane, the picture shows that there are only 2 seats across, while the other side of the plane is showing 3 seats across. Is this typical? Since it will just be 2 of us on this flight, the 2 seats across works really well so one of us gets the aisle and the other gets a window seat. I just want to be sure I didn't make a mistake in booking, as it's a bit unnerving booking an A and C seat, yet we're still together.

On our upcoming flight, we pre-paid for our seats. On one side of the plane, the picture shows that there are only 2 seats across, while the other side of the plane is showing 3 seats across. Is this typical? Since it will just be 2 of us on this flight, the 2 seats across works really well so one of us gets the aisle and the other gets a window seat. I just want to be sure I didn't make a mistake in booking, as it's a bit unnerving booking an A and C seat, yet we're still together.

Yup, it's typical. Their airplanes are smaller so one side will have the two seats and the other will have three seats.

Yup, it's typical. Their airplanes are smaller so one side will have the two seats and the other will have three seats.

We had issues with Airtran during Snowpocolypse 2011 :rolleyes: but you won't have those issues in August. Basically we got stuck at the airport for 2 days (even though, there were other airlines flying out the second day), it took 13 hours to get our gate checked bags, and we found out at the end of our 2 day ordeal that we could have gotten meal vouchers for the whole time we were stuck in that stupid airport. Now, most of these issues were ATL airport issues (the luggage, closing an airport for 2 inches of snow, etc) but Airtran should have told us at the beginning that we could have gotten meal vouchers. We were stuck in that airport for 2 days and found out about the vouchers about 2 hours before getting on our plane out of there!

So the moral of this story is...if you have a flight delay, of any kind, and you end up in the airport for a while, go to the customer service counter and get meal vouchers for your meals.

We have flown Airtran before and since and haven't had any other issues

I just booked Airtran for the first time for our October trip...I really paid little attention to the pre-paid seat option and just kept going...is there anyway to go back now and add assigned seats and pay for that? TIA

I just booked Airtran for the first time for our October trip...I really paid little attention to the pre-paid seat option and just kept going...is there anyway to go back now and add assigned seats and pay for that? TIA

Yes...just log in to your account on Airtran's website and select your seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter