AirTran from Phila?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
AirTran seems to have pretty good prices and a great selection of flights. Has anyone flown them from Phila? How is there service? If we fly coach will we feel like sardines packed in a can, like with US Air?

We have flown them a number of times from Philly.....All planes make me feel like a sardine.....but with Airtran I've found that patience is needed...haven't always seemed to have enough people on to take care of passangers checking in.....but even with that I've flown them again....

We flew with them in November. We didn't have any complaints and would use them again. We had about the same amount of room as USAirways. If you can get an emergency exit row, take it...we had a lot more leg room. The only thing I didn't like was their terminal in Philly is far from where we got picked up, but that wasn't enough to make us cross them off our list. Good luck and have fun!:D

We have used AirTran (the old Value Jet) several times from PHL. Never had any problems, they have a great ontime track record. The only downside is, unless they have changed the policy, you can NOT get seating ahead of time. So, if you are traveling with kids, or need to have seats with someone, you will need to arrive real early.

Originally posted by BillPA
The only downside is, unless they have changed the policy, you can NOT get seating ahead of time. So, if you are traveling with kids, or need to have seats with someone, you will need to arrive real early.

Bill...we just flew with them, this past November, and I was able to get our seating assignments before we left. I booked on-line, but called the 800 number to get our seats. I did this a few months before we left.

Thanks for the update Sharon. That was my only 'problem' with AirTran. It's nice to know we can get seats when we buy our tickets. Thanks again.

We flew return from Orlando to Philly. We were kind of leary at first but I must say, we were pleasantly surprised. We would have no hesitation flying them again!!

Can someone tell me how AirTran compared to US Air in price? We're looking at flying this fall and I would prefer not to fly with US Air again.

DopeySharon,

We are leaving for Orlando May9 and I already have reservations with Air Tran. I called to get my seats and she told me that I can't do it now. I can do online check-in 24 hours in advance to get my seats but not now:confused:

Originally posted by frankiemom
DopeySharon,

We are leaving for Orlando May9 and I already have reservations with Air Tran. I called to get my seats and she told me that I can't do it now. I can do online check-in 24 hours in advance to get my seats but not now:confused:

Unless they've changed since last year, but when I booked our trip, on-line in May for our November trip, I was able to call the 800 number and get our seat assignments.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter