Airmiles Armchair Chatter

We had our 3 grandsons yesterday and for a sleepover, so I didn't get to concentrate on anything airmiles related. Middle of the night I thought crap, I wanted to order a new fit bit or some office supplies. Oh well, I'll wait for the next one.

So far I have been really happy with the customer service and have had zero issues with coverage here at home. Additionally, Freedom has signed deals with Rogers (and I believe the other big players) to be able to piggyback on their network after a CRTC ruling. Basically if you go outside of Freedom’s coverage area, your phone connects to another provider via domestic roaming for no extra charge.
I have looked through the site and it looks interesting for sure. A couple things that jump out....it appears to be a 2 year contract and the travel add on looks like you do not have use of your regular monthly data (only the 5gb). I'm not sure that would be enough for DD.

I managed to get 23 base miles in with the 20x special but it basically took me all day. I could have got 25 but I goofed at Metro.

I got them from Shell, Metro, and the rest from Airmilesshops: Clearly for new contacts, Sporting Life for rainjackets on sale, Ebay for Father's Day gift, Well.ca for laundry trips for traveling, Famous Footwear for all-plastic Birkenstocks for the park in May. My wet shoes used to be these little croc ballet flats but I can't do that lack of arch support anymore.

So all in all, things that I "needed" to some degree or another... I switched my earning to cash miles so I can get Starbucks giftcards for our trip in August.

Two learnings from this one:
- they sell giftcards for ebay so could have bought and used one
- don't shop tired at Metro, especially without a written list
DARN it.....I could have ordered contacts from Clearly. I was going to last week anyway but decided to wait and see if there is a better sale for Canada Day weekend. My order will be around $300 so that would have been some good miles.

My grand total for yesterday ZERO! There has just been so much going on this past week that I my attention went to getting out yesterday (in the pouring rain) to run a few errands so that the rest of the weekend I can relax a little.

A couple of shops for me yesterday ,,enough to restart my Starbucks coffee fund for next years trips.
However I forgot to change my account from Dream to Cash so the Airmiles might not land where I intended ,,oh well.
950e5f19e37536dac868a52d07b6f55d.jpg
Hugs Mel

I got screwed on my Michaels purchase on the 2nd card as 2 of the items were not available so took me below $20 so no AirMiles for that account. And it was the one from the 2nd store not close by to me because they were the only one that had an item. Oh well it is what it is.

I managed to get 23 base miles in with the 20x special but it basically took me all day. I could have got 25 but I goofed at Metro.

I got them from Shell, Metro, and the rest from Airmilesshops: Clearly for new contacts, Sporting Life for rainjackets on sale, Ebay for Father's Day gift, Well.ca for laundry trips for traveling, Famous Footwear for all-plastic Birkenstocks for the park in May. My wet shoes used to be these little croc ballet flats but I can't do that lack of arch support anymore.

So all in all, things that I "needed" to some degree or another... I switched my earning to cash miles so I can get Starbucks giftcards for our trip in August.

Two learnings from this one:
- they sell giftcards for ebay so could have bought and used one
- don't shop tired at Metro, especially without a written list
Good Morning Hon

Yep love those Life Learning Lessons

Mine is
When trying to get Airmiles for Cash account you first have to change the account over to Cash ....LOL

Hugs Mel

I got screwed on my Michaels purchase on the 2nd card as 2 of the items were not available so took me below $20 so no AirMiles for that account. And it was the one from the 2nd store not close by to me because they were the only one that had an item. Oh well it is what it is.
Dang Hon
So sorry
This usually happens to me with Amazon.
Better luck next time.
Hugs Mel

UGH, I'm going to need to chase down some miles once the bonus posts because my Shell in-store purchases didn't post properly and I'll be out over 100 miles. There's a promo going on that if you spend $10 you get 25 bonus miles and that worked perfectly, got the 2 base miles and the 25 immediately BUT i spent $35 so I should have received 7 miles , all of the offers say they can be combined but the system seemed to have glitched on the spend $10.

SO here's the final total for our household (once I chase down those missing 100 from Shell)

1. Shell gas - 1 base mile =20 bonus
  2. Shell in-store - 2 base miles = 40 bonus (should be 7 base and 140 bonus)
  3. Metro garden centre - 3 base miles = 60 bonus (could have been more but I had 2 coupons for a total of $10 off)
  4. Metro in-store - 8 base miles = 160 bonus
  5. Online Northern Reflections for 2 pairs of capris - 5 base miles = 100 bonus
  6. Surveys - 9 base miles = 180 bonus
  7. Total base miles = 28
  8. Total bonus miles = 560
NOW looking at this with the knowledge that the maximum was 500 miles I ain't gonna bother with the extra miles.

A few housekeeping things to remember:

• bonus miles have until June 24th to post so that all of the individual stores get a chance to report miles earned
  • We will more than likely NOT get the full amount we expect because based on the last couple of promos they will deduct the base miles from the bonus meaning I will see the full 500 since that's the maximum. If you only earned let's say 20 base miles giving you an expected 400 miles you will more than likely get 380 miles posted as bonus
  • I'm only going on previous experience, the email AND the splash notice on the top of the survey dashboard that those miles will count but since they were neither included nor excluded in the fine print who knows?!
  • Don't bother chasing any miles down yet because they will only show up as *missing miles* and won't trigger the big bonus, just wait the month
  • It's been a guessing game as to when and how these bonuses post. If they are backdated to yesterday they will post to what your account was set to at that point (my case, currently 100% dream) if they post on any other date they will post to what your account is set for on that day. Again, who knows!
Very side note here for anyone else who shops at Northern Reflections, I was in the first store on opening day without knowing they even had opened! Was wandering thru what was at that point in time, Guelph's own tiny Eaton's Centre waiting for hubby to finish up a shift and just popped in to have a look around.

Yesterday was a big busy day for me and I'm still exhausted! Never reported how I did after the prednisone for my gout flair and it's not been a pretty picture. It's now in my file with my family doctor as a allergy and flagged with my pharmacy and psychiatrist as OMG, get her on something extra if it gets prescribed by anyone else. Everyone was prepared for the potential lack of sleep and mood elevation but not the paradoxical reaction of severe depression, anxiety and irritation. Just putting this out here so others are aware that mood changes are a BIG possibility from what's normally an innocuous medication that prescribed often for numerous ailments.
We also had a concert to attend, our daughter and her partner sing in the Rainbow Chorus and I can't help but share a picture of how happy my baby girl is now that she's found her family.
1716754719095.png

Last edited:
This Flash Offer *Receipt Scan*
is Date specific and you must Opt In

1716810066013.png

Terms & Conditions​

* Must opt-in to this offer. Offer is valid from May 31, 2024, to June 2, 2024, in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Thunder Bay and Yukon. At least (1) AIR MILES Receipt product offer(s) available during this offer period must be matched on the eligible scanned receipt to qualify. Minimum eligible product purchase must be completed in-store in a single transaction during this offer period. Online purchases are not eligible for this offer. See current AIR MILES Receipt offers in the AIR MILES app. Personal purchases only. To qualify, original receipt must be scanned during this offer period. No duplicates. The standard AIR MILES Receipts 14-day scanning period does not apply to this offer. Click “Qualifying Details” on specific offer to see what major grocers’ receipts are accepted for this offer and for receipt verification requirements. Limit of (1) offer uses per AIR MILES collector number. Can be combined with other offers, including AIR MILES offers. Void where prohibited. Please allow until June 21, 2024, for Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account. AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.

My 20x Saturday:

My card (base miles): surveys 24, metro 1. If all the airmiles post, I'll have reached onyx for 2024.
Husband's card: Metro 7, Petsmart 1, Shell 2, Walmart 2

Total 20x airmiles if all goes correctly 37 base, 703 bonus.
Also earned 118 bonus miles and 62 airmiles from airmile receipts, and Dollarama for a giftcard 20 airmiles.

Total for the day if all goes well 940 airmiles.

View attachment 863380

Terms & Conditions​

* Must opt-in to this offer. Offer is valid from May 31, 2024, to June 2, 2024, in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Thunder Bay and Yukon. At least (1) AIR MILES Receipt product offer(s) available during this offer period must be matched on the eligible scanned receipt to qualify. Minimum eligible product purchase must be completed in-store in a single transaction during this offer period. Online purchases are not eligible for this offer. See current AIR MILES Receipt offers in the AIR MILES app. Personal purchases only. To qualify, original receipt must be scanned during this offer period. No duplicates. The standard AIR MILES Receipts 14-day scanning period does not apply to this offer. Click “Qualifying Details” on specific offer to see what major grocers’ receipts are accepted for this offer and for receipt verification requirements. Limit of (1) offer uses per AIR MILES collector number. Can be combined with other offers, including AIR MILES offers. Void where prohibited. Please allow until June 21, 2024, for Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account. AIR MILES reserves the right to change or retract an offer at any time without prior notice, or to retract an offer for deceptive booking behaviour, including but not limited to creating multiple collector numbers and booking with intention of cancelling. AIR MILES reserves the right to offer a Reward Miles earn rate at an equivalent or greater value to all collectors. By participating in this offer you agree to the AIR MILES Terms of Use.

Just to note blue above, as a last resort, if you forget to scan on time, scan anyway. I was away for the last flash airmiles receipt offer and posted after offer was over (husband left me receipts from his shopping while I was away) but within the 14 days. I still received the flash bonus.

Very side note here for anyone else who shops at Northern Reflections, I was in the first store on opening day without knowing they even had opened! Was wandering thru what was at that point in time, Guelph's own tiny Eaton's Centre waiting for hubby to finish up a shift and just popped in to have a look around.

Great story, didn't know first store was in Guelph! Downtown I assume.

View attachment 863380

Terms & Conditions​

They do like to hide these flash offers. If you hadn't posted I probably would have missed it. Thank you.

Does anyone have Hoka shoes? I just bought a pair in the hopes that they help my plantar fasciitis and also my back. I had a cortizone injection in my foot 3 weeks ago but so far I've only had maybe 60-70% improvement. Maybe I was wrong to hope it would be gone completely.

AND....why is it that in Canada we only have 5-6 choices for these shoes but in the US they have maybe 15?

I recently got my first pair of Hoka's and am really liking them. I have arthritis in one foot and generally weak knees. These are the most comfortable sneaker/running shoe I have worn in years. I got the Cliffton L and I ordered direct from Hoka's website.

Our kids have been raving about Hoka's for a couple of years and glad I tried them.

Does anyone have Hoka shoes? I just bought a pair in the hopes that they help my plantar fasciitis and also my back. I had a cortizone injection in my foot 3 weeks ago but so far I've only had maybe 60-70% improvement. Maybe I was wrong to hope it would be gone completely.

AND....why is it that in Canada we only have 5-6 choices for these shoes but in the US they have maybe 15?
I bought my first pair of Hoka’s about a year ago - the Hoka Bondi 8 as I saw lots of recommendations for them for good arch support. They’ve been great! They’re about a year old and I am just now looking to replace them and I wear them almost every day. I am also prone to plantar fasciitis and have had no issues with these. Any other shoes I have tried are only comfy for 3-6 months then my feet start hurting again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter