Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was going to stop at the Shell gas station (for gift cards) on my way to Oakville yesterday, but we ended up having to cancel our visit to my SIL's. My son has been sick since Wednesday. On Thursday the doctor told us he has the flu. He's getting better now but I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning. Ugh.

On the bright side, at least I was able to get 160 air miles on Friday between Rexall and Sobey's bread.

Did anyone else go after the coke offer at Shell? 11 bottles (275 miles) credited to my account. 4 bottles would not show up on my receipt (100 miles) so I need to wait the time limit before I can claim them... I hate when that happens. I already contacted AM via Facebook. I even told the person you know if they don't show up on the receipt they won't credit. Sure enough, only 1 of the 5 credited but she insisted I wait the (however long) before I can contact to claim the air miles again.

Did anyone else go after the coke offer at Shell? 11 bottles (275 miles) credited to my account. 4 bottles would not show up on my receipt (100 miles) so I need to wait the time limit before I can claim them... I hate when that happens. I already contacted AM via Facebook. I even told the person you know if they don't show up on the receipt they won't credit. Sure enough, only 1 of the 5 credited but she insisted I wait the (however long) before I can contact to claim the air miles again.
What offer is that? I see one in my Spring Offer Hub but it is get 10 AM when you purchase 2 473-500 ml coke. Considering what they charge for coke this offer didn't seem worth it to me.

The Warden and Lupin Shell is close to where my mom lives. I am going to China for a math conference next week. I will load up gift cards from that location when I am back a week later. Hope there are still some LCBO gift cards left for me.

Happy Mother’s Day!

View attachment 322265
I was there on Friday and I am pretty sure I saw some. They have a good selection.

I had the personal offer, did it twice, two different gas stations and neither posted to the receipt or to the account. After that I packed it in, I'm tired of chasing airmiles that don't post. Hopefully I will remember in 120 days. Glad at least most of yours posted.

Sooooooo I spent all my gas Canadian Tire Gift cards on new flowers for the garden.....................:flower1::lovestruc
Might have to restock next pay day.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Hugs Mel

Sorry...I had a belly laugh when i read this :rotfl:that is awesome!!!! Flowers are much better than gas That sounds sooo much like something I would do lol:flower:

** Rant alert**: If you don't want to read any negativity, just skip my post!

PC Points royally suck!!! I'm sorry but it is so bad!!! Last week, I finally had interesting offers including a get 12 500 PC points when you spend 125$ at Maxi so I went to Maxi (a grocery store that I usually avoid because I HATE that place -- I think it's your QC equivalent to Superstore or No Frills). I should have got a total of 27 500 points but they're still not in my account!!! The program was down so the cashier told me they would appear in my account within 24h. Same info was written on my receipt. Well, they were never deposited! I tried to do a claim from my account but still no answer from the program!! Next step is to call. Grr!
Try messaging them on Facebook. They are typically really responsive (you just need a picture of your receipt, and your PC Optimum number). Part of the problem is probably the number of points you are claiming - the only time I ever had to wait more than a few hours was when I had a big issue (20000 pts missing) and it was dealt with in about 3 days. Small point claims are typically within my account within 4 hours (PC used to be instantaneous before the switch to PC Optimum, although Optimum always took a phone call and WEEKS - the new system isn't quite as awesome at immediate as the old PC, but it's far better than the old Optimum).
Maxi is basically a super sized No Frills.

When you do the missing point inquiry on the website it takes about a week to get it dealt with but usually gets the job done. They ask you to submit a photo of the receipt. I've never had the experience of getting the missing points within a few hours or days. It has always been a week and I've never made the inquiry for more than about 3,000.

I find the digital offers come and go. Some weeks I have great offers and then other weeks it's all stuff that I've never in my life bought or it's all the stuff I bought the week before and don't need to buy again for a while.

@pigletto what happened to your friend who had points stolen? As far as I know they at still dealing with it but no idea if thefts are still occurring. I've now whittled my points down to about 40,000. I might let it build back up to 100,000 but not more.

I had the personal offer, did it twice, two different gas stations and neither posted to the receipt or to the account. After that I packed it in, I'm tired of chasing airmiles that don't post. Hopefully I will remember in 120 days. Glad at least most of yours posted.

It can be really frustrating. Last year I ended up making a spreadsheet to keep track of my miles. I keep all receipts to match/balance against our finances spreadsheet, so I found it was not much more work to keep track of the air miles at the same time. That and an acordian (sp?) file folder to store the receipts.

What offer is that? I see one in my Spring Offer Hub but it is get 10 AM when you purchase 2 473-500 ml coke. Considering what they charge for coke this offer didn't seem worth it to me.

It was one of those targeted offer some people received. I received an e-mail about it (25 air miles for a $2.50 - 500 ml coke) but my husband did not.

I was just on the AM site about to buy my SW tickets and figured if I can't upgrade to DC I can still upgrade to a Fun Pass more than likely. Well I think I found my answer and I don't like it. :sad:

Not sure how to post a screen shot, but if you look under the Terms and Conditions for the Sea World Tickets it says:

No exchanges. No upgrades. Non-refundable. No cash value. Not valid in conjunction with any other discount.

Valid for 9 months from time of purchase.

I get the impression we won't be able to put the ticket value towards a Fun Pass or a Discovery Cove trip. :sad2:

Now I'm debating as to whether I should buy my SW tickets with AM or risk not going or waiting to see if/what deals they offer on Blue (Black) Friday. My plan is to go on New Years Eve and spend all day and that night at SW. I am expecting it will be busy and since we are staying at a partner hotel over New Year's Eve weekend I just want an option to be able to go for more than one day.

Hi purple hippo. Did you go New Years Eve? Did you get your SW tickets with AM, and if so, what happened?

@pigletto what happened to your friend who had points stolen? As far as I know they at still dealing with it but no idea if thefts are still occurring. I've now whittled my points down to about 40,000. I might let it build back up to 100,000 but not more.
I received an email from them just this morning stating that some accounts were hacked and next time I logged in I would get a message to change my password. They assured me that only some personal information was at risk. The email was deleted or I would post a copy.
I only recently signed up but I'm finding the program a bit of a farce, I probably will not continue with it.

A little non-air miles news I’m so excited to share with this great group: we welcomed our son on Friday! we named him Leslie. he was a bit early, but he’s perfectly healthy. and we got to celebrate our first mother’s day with our baby in our arms! moms and baby are all doing great and recovering together at home.

A little non-air miles news I’m so excited to share with this great group: we welcomed our son on Friday! we named him Leslie. he was a bit early, but he’s perfectly healthy. and we got to celebrate our first mother’s day with our baby in our arms! moms and baby are all doing great and recovering together at home.

Congratulations!! Wonderful news ... and definitely airmiles related, lots of Disney trips ahead of you!

upload_2018-5-14_14-54-8.png

Oh My
Congratulations mommy.
This is super great news.
Rest well!
Pssst... Airmiles has some great baby rewards stuff. (I love the wearable audio baby monitor) and the (swaddling blankets).
Hugs Mel
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

Congratulations. Oh, I miss babies! Take care during the very sweet, but overly exhausting, first 2 months.

Congratulations!!!!

How perfectly lovely.....congrats!

I received an email from them just this morning stating that some accounts were hacked and next time I logged in I would get a message to change my password. They assured me that only some personal information was at risk. The email was deleted or I would post a copy.
I only recently signed up but I'm finding the program a bit of a farce, I probably will not continue with it.
I think that might be the standard email that went out to a large number of members. They sent it out to cover their butts a while back. I got it three times AFTER my points were stolen. Also, they are in the process of having all members change passwords....this happened once before. Anyway, check your point balance and keep an eye on it. If you shop at any of the participating stores, even occasionally, keep the card and use it. It costs you nothing and you can redeem after collecting for a very short period of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter