Airmiles Armchair Chatter

hat's the mechanics of it, now here is the strategy. You need to know when your AM post to your account. Most grocery stores do this once per week on a Saturday. Rexall (in Ontario) posts the very next day.

Oh THANK YOU for reminding me of this!!!

I set my miles to cash but I will have to watch to make sure they post before I switch back!!!

I have 66 cash miles that have been just sitting there for almost two years so I figured I should try to bump them up to 95 just in case with the promo coming.

Just sharing a survey Rant (Rewarding your Opinions)
So I saw that some of you are doing surveys for Airmiles:
Here's my interactions with them
I clicked on the link and it asked me some questions--ok
I answered them and was told you already had an account--ok--I don't recall ever doing a survey,,but hey maybe I'm wrong
I ask them to reactivate my account
They send me this

Response By Email (Rita) (02/17/2018 12:33 PM)
Hi Melanie,

We took the aforementioned action after receiving received reports regarding the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity. As a renowned market research provider, we take the validity of our research data very seriously and and needed to take steps to address the matter.
We appreciate your time on our panel but, as previously stated, we unfortunately have no option other than to permanently suspend your account. Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,

Rita

What The -------?
To say that I was offended is putting it mildly,,I am glad some of you are getting survey points but even if they apologised to me I wouldn't participate.

This was my response
Hello Rita

Just for clarification purposes I never actually had the opportunity to be part any surveys so your summary below does not make any sense,,however thank-you for your reply.

I answered them and was told you already had an account--ok--I don't recall ever doing a survey,,but hey maybe I'm wrong
They send me this

Hi Melanie,

We took the aforementioned action after receiving received reports regarding the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity. As a renowned market research provider, we take the validity of our research data very seriously and and needed to take steps to address the matter.
We appreciate your time on our panel but, as previously stated, we unfortunately have no option other than to permanently suspend your account. Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards,

Rita

What The -------?
To say that I was offended is putting it mildly,,I am glad some of you are getting survey points but even if they apologised to me I wouldn't participate.

This was my response
Hello Rita

Just for clarification purposes I never actually had the opportunity to be part any surveys so your summary below does not make any sense,,however thank-you for your reply.
Holy flippin smokes (ok so the Duck had a few much choicer words, but you know, Mickey Rules) That is lousy customer service --- I would also be a tad twitched and be looking for some other recourse (not sure what that might be)

Super sorry and promise i will stop sharing my success stories cause well, that would be nasty on MY part!

Rexall shop is on hold for me too, a $10 gift card that I will have trouble using on anything other than crap i don't need isn't the incentive i need to head out even if the weather IS perfect. The current flyer might be pretty decent but i need to collect more than 50 miles!

Holy flippin smokes (ok so the Duck had a few much choicer words, but you know, Mickey Rules) That is lousy customer service --- I would also be a tad twitched and be looking for some other recourse (not sure what that might be)

Super sorry and promise i will stop sharing my success stories cause well, that would be nasty on MY part!

Rexall shop is on hold for me too, a $10 gift card that I will have trouble using on anything other than crap i don't need isn't the incentive i need to head out even if the weather IS perfect. The current flyer might be pretty decent but i need to collect more than 50 miles!

Hi Hon
No please keep posting your rewards with them--I am actually glad you and others here are able to get them.
Hugs to you
Mel

Could someone give me a quick run down on the Cash miles. I'm unsure of how they work...but I am thinking I might want to have a few in my account for the upcoming mega miles coming up...and crossing my fingers we might have a Blue Friday in the west this weekend. I'm just unsure of how it works.

I just set my account to 50/50 Cash/Dream in case you are right about a Blue Friday out west this week. I've never used cash miles before at all but the awesome tips here for getting those offers has me feeling like I need to be prepared for Mega Miles!

They send me this

Hi Melanie,

Kind regards,

Rita

What The -------?

This was my response
Hello Rita

This might explain why I haven't received any surveys from them. I used to do them all the time and then I was just getting surveys for 2 miles. It wasn't worth my time so I stopped even trying to do them. I was answering them all to the best of my ability. I'm just kind of boring I guess from a survey taking perspective.

I signed DH up and do surveys from his point of view all the time. They are quickly becoming more effort than they are worth. By the time I get around to doing them they have filled their quota etc.

I guess I've been banished as well

I have a question for my Air Miles gurus....I got gas on my way home at Shell...there is a big sign by the door that says "Spend $25 on car washes get 100 Air Miles"...I think great...Inside at the register, it says "Buy an Ultimate car wash get 10 Air Miles"...so I ask the cashier (who is the owner) wow...so if I buy 2 Ultimate car washes @ $13.99 each, I will get 20 Air Miles plus the 100 Air Miles for spending $25? and he said no, it is 10 Air Miles for an Ultimate Wash. I said but the sign outside says "Spend $25 on car washes get 100 Air Miles"...He say, oh that is an old sign, we just haven't taken it down yet. I said "that's strange I am here almost every other week and don't recall seeing it" and he said that promotion was over months ago....Strange I hadn't seen it before and the sign didn't look faded. Why would you leave a sign up that the promotion was over months ago (unless they are trying to increase their sales)? Shouldn't they have to honour the promotion if they are still displaying the sign?

I have a question for my Air Miles gurus....I got gas on my way home at Shell...there is a big sign by the door that says "Spend $25 on car washes get 100 Air Miles"...I think great...Inside at the register, it says "Buy an Ultimate car wash get 10 Air Miles"...so I ask the cashier (who is the owner) wow...so if I buy 2 Ultimate car washes @ $13.99 each, I will get 20 Air Miles plus the 100 Air Miles for spending $25? and he said no, it is 10 Air Miles for an Ultimate Wash. I said but the sign outside says "Spend $25 on car washes get 100 Air Miles"...He say, oh that is an old sign, we just haven't taken it down yet. I said "that's strange I am here almost every other week and don't recall seeing it" and he said that promotion was over months ago....Strange I hadn't seen it before and the sign didn't look faded. Why would you leave a sign up that the promotion was over months ago (unless they are trying to increase their sales)? Shouldn't they have to honour the promotion if they are still displaying the sign?
Not sure about signs. But if it was a price wro g on a product then there is recourse.

Ok, tried this out today, bought $100 of gift cards and got 110 miles. For sure I'll be doing this one a lot between now and May!

Which gift cards did you get? There are 2 locations outside of Edmonton that I go to twice a week, so I can take advantage of this promo, but I never looked to see what gift cards they carry.

The promo says you can get anything BUT Shell gas cards. Today I got some restaurant ones for a neighbour who will be looking after our dog while we're away, but I plan on stocking up on Home Depot ones too for some future gardening projects...

Which gift cards did you get? There are 2 locations outside of Edmonton that I go to twice a week, so I can take advantage of this promo, but I never looked to see what gift cards they carry.

2 more sleeps until my Disney cruise booked through airmiles!!! I pretty much stopped doing the "airmiles or die" shopping trips, yet I've accummulated another 8000 since November when I paid off the cruise. Where were they when I was paying off the cruise?!? ;)

Not sure if next splurge will be another cruise or not, anyone have any luck with the travel certificates redemption towards a package vacation?

it sounds like you do an amazing job with air miles! can you share some info about booking disney cruises with air miles? do you use the travel certificates? have you done it before, and if so how many miles did it take?

i don’t know much about cruising, but disney cruises might work for us in the next few years, so i’d love to know more!

My sister got this deal back end of January. It is probably the same one that you saw - I just know that she had to buy 2 car washes to get the deal.
27 Jan 18
89_ENG_LOGO_S_MD.gif
999 HARDWOOD AVE. EVERYDAY IN-STORE OFFER +2
27 Jan 18
89_ENG_LOGO_S_MD.gif
999 HARDWOOD AVE. ULTIMATE CW OFFER +10
27 Jan 18
89_ENG_LOGO_S_MD.gif
999 HARDWOOD AVE. CAR WASH SPECIAL OFFER +100

I just set my account to 50/50 Cash/Dream in case you are right about a Blue Friday out west this week. I've never used cash miles before at all but the awesome tips here for getting those offers has me feeling like I need to be prepared for Mega Miles!
Good call - forgot about Blue Friday coming up (hopefully). Just changed mine to 50/50 as well. Thanks!

I'm actually interesting in the Air Miles to DCL best approach as well. I have in the past collected Aeroplan and convert them to Expedia Cruise Line gift cards which require me to apply after I pay the cruise (they send you a rebate cheque). This requires me to book through Expedia Cruise Ship Centers, whereas by booking my next cruise on the ship I could save 5%. I am also finding that the cost per mile has gone up so high its just a bad deal now with Aeroplan.

I'm a recent convert to Air Miles - I see you can use dream miles against many travel agencies such as Marlin, so this is good, but still requires me to pay that extra 5% first and then book through a travel agency, which is likely taking away onboard credits I can get through Disney. Wish they could be applied directly against Disney.

What is the best strategy in people's opinion? I do a DCL trip every year.

Blue Friday this week out west looks pretty decent to me. I bet we’ll see some awesome air miles earns to kick off March. Not from me though! Instead of earning miles, I’ll be relaxing in a hotel in the mountains. DP and I are taking one last little vacation as a family of 2. Who knew skipping a Blue Friday could be so exciting!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter