Airmiles Armchair Chatter

hahahaha omg Donald-my hero lol i love the pic!

69,000 airmiles! good luck! LOL

I just called today to book an appointment for our disneyland trip in November and I actually got an appointment for Tuesday!! I called once before so I already have an idea on what it will cost, but now my mom wants to join so we will see what her portion will cost. I swore when I talked originally it was $1600 off my price with 15,000 airmiles so here's hoping it will be $1700 off now that I have 16,000 and then I'll have to earn abouter 3500 airmiles to rent a mini van for the week before November, which should be doable. I'll stop using my westjet rbc card and only use the bmo airmiles one lol

You guys are lucky. Just checked my Load and Go for Rexall and I don't even have a coupon for next week. Just the spend $30 get $10 GC for this weekend.

That is all I'm seeing right now as well, the $10 gc promo. I loaded offers on both cards this morning (husband's and mine) and currently can't access them on the app or website. So you might want to check later, I'm guessing they are updating their system.

We just got back from our local Sobey's (Aurora) and bought the Proteinis (hopefully that's spelled right?:))

We'd never noticed them before and for 75 airmiles thought that we would try them. Anyway there was a sign on them that if you bought 1 it was $3.99 but if you bought 3 or more it was $1.99 each.

At checkout it only rang in as $2.99 so we went to customer service and they checked and gave us back our $6.00 and they are going to change the system so it should ring in properly next time.

Not quite the pickle deal (and we dropped off our extra relish and pickles for the food bank there) but not bad 6 @ $1.99 for 75 airmiles.

Not sure if it's the same at all Sobey's so that's why I posted the store.

I couldn't find any protinis in my Sobeys! A little sad, especially if they were less than $3.99.

We just got back from our local Sobey's (Aurora) and bought the Proteinis (hopefully that's spelled right?:))

We'd never noticed them before and for 75 airmiles thought that we would try them. Anyway there was a sign on them that if you bought 1 it was $3.99 but if you bought 3 or more it was $1.99 each.

At checkout it only rang in as $2.99 so we went to customer service and they checked and gave us back our $6.00 and they are going to change the system so it should ring in properly next time.

Not quite the pickle deal (and we dropped off our extra relish and pickles for the food bank there) but not bad 6 @ $1.99 for 75 airmiles.

Not sure if it's the same at all Sobey's so that's why I posted the store.

Report back with a quick product review. I might go and get some of these as I have a snacking college student whose writing exams at the moment.

Hahaha, love that Donald pic!!! If I earned 69,000 airmiles before November, I would save the MAXIMUM off my cruise. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Miracles do happen lol. But for real, whatever airmiles I have by the PIF date they'll apply against the cruise, the rest I have to pay cash/credit. I'm giving myself a goal of trying to save 3000$ or more off the cruise.

Who else is liking this Shell promo for the gift cards? I figure I get 8% of the gift cards off on my cruise balance - every little bit helps!

So I finally had my appointment yesterday to book my DCL cruise through airmiles - 8 looooong days after first calling (seeing the cruise price go up and the Can $$ tank was stressful, luckily the cabins weren't selling out fast on the deck we wanted). They were supposed to call me between 3 and 5, but instead called at 11 am. Good thing I had given my work number!!! It was AGONISING!!! Took over an hour, my god they really do not want us to use our miles. Anyways, for a 7-day Western Carribean cruise March 3-10 2018 on the Disney Fantasy, for 2 adults and 3 kids (4, 7 and 10 at the time of cruising), cat 4C verandah family stateroom, I paid the 20% deposit and the AM booking fee (of 30$ per person + tax) by credit card, and now I have until late November to accumulate roughly 69,000 airmiles to offset the rest of the cruise price minus taxes which needs to be covered by cash (taxes ends up being more than on the DCL website, as they also include fuel surcharges from the main cruise price, etc, so lame). That should save me a little over 7000$ Canadian (I forgot my scribbles at home for exact numbers), not that I'm going to get nearly that much. But last time I had paid for a 4 day cruise, 5 3-day park tickets (before they discounted the prices of course), and 5 Seaworld passes, and that was close to 50,000 airmiles. So now I have a goal!!!

Right now I only have 8716 airmiles, and I was quoted this would give a savings of 958$.
Wow, If only you loaded up on the relish last week. You would be relishing in the sun and sand next year.
I never thought about cruises for points, might have to check it out.
Went on our first and hope the bug isnt as bad as WDW or it will get very pricey soon.

Going to redeem some AM for the WDW tickets to take advantage of the Canadian discount , but also thinking I will get some Universal 2 day tickets. I think it is about 2400 AM for adult, does that change , or is there a chance there will be a discount on these tickets, and if I get now will they be good for next March? (I know the WDW will not expire.

Advance Screening for two (Onyx & Gold collectors)
Bon Cop Bad Cop 2
Various cities
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ProductTicketingDetails?productId=prod2664363&changeLocale=en_CA

I found it on the smartcanucks thread. I can't see it from the regular AirMiles Exclusive pages. But I was able to order.

If anyone has any idea where/how to access this when logged into AirMiles, please let me know.

Just checked again and there are more cities now showing (Ottawa, Moncton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Trois Rivieres and Sherbrooke). I'm in Florida when it's on but I snagged one for a friend of mine who has seen the first movie to use.

It's showing on the Airmiles website now. Go to Dream Rewards/Events and Attractions/Airmiles Events Exclusive and you will get you there.

Going to redeem some AM for the WDW tickets to take advantage of the Canadian discount , but also thinking I will get some Universal 2 day tickets. I think it is about 2400 AM for adult, does that change , or is there a chance there will be a discount on these tickets, and if I get now will they be good for next March? (I know the WDW will not expire.

I don't recall AM ever running a promo discount for Universal tickets. My Universal tickets (bought through AM) do not expire but I redeemed for them quite awhile ago.

A Big thank-you airmiles Canadian DIS buddies.
You are some of the best ,sweetest. kind and caring people I know of!
I just arrived home after being away for a few days and when I checked the mail I found a large brown envelope filled with the most beautiful and inspirational cards I've ever received. Thank-you Jacqueline for organizing this and to everyone for all your support and condolences.
Everyone one of the cards is so dear and special!
Thank-you
BIG HUGS Mel

Here is a photo of all of them on my dinning room table.

tks1_zpsveqfjpsw.jpg

Finally, my Load and Go for Rexall loaded. :scared: I don't know why it took so long but I have offers now for next week. Anyone else who was in the same boat check again your offers may be there now.

I think they must have been doing a system update or a had a system problem. I'm hoping it was the latter ;)

So I'm not happy with myself lol I know we will need gas soon and since my shell didn't have Safeway cards I went and bought a Shell card to get the bonus Airmiles. I leave and the receipt says 5 Airmiles, check the fine print and the 7x isn't valid in Shell cards. Oops.

So I'm not happy with myself lol I know we will need gas soon and since my shell didn't have Safeway cards I went and bought a Shell card to get the bonus Airmiles. I leave and the receipt says 5 Airmiles, check the fine print and the 7x isn't valid in Shell cards. Oops.

lol, well at least you are 5 am ahead. I guess that will be 6 am in total for your fill-up instead of the usual 1.

Finally, my Load and Go for Rexall loaded. :scared: I don't know why it took so long but I have offers now for next week. Anyone else who was in the same boat check again your offers may be there now.
**** Mine had loaded properly on Thursday, just like they should BUT when i went and looked this morning they needed to be re-loaded, they had all "fallen off" Glad I took a 2nd glance before heading out :eek:

We tried the protinis yesterday and they aren't bad. It is like a lunchmate for adults.

We got the turkey and cheddar ones. It comes with 4 crackers, 4 lots of turkey and 4 little squares of cheddar cheese. Not sure if I would pay $3.99 for them but for $1.99 each plus 75 airmiles they are worth it. You actually get two snack packs in the package for the $1.99 so it's actually about a $1 each. The ones that we purchased expire May 13/17 so they last a bit in the fridge.

84 miles from Sobeys (spent $84), 8700 pc plus (spent $75), and did my 100 miles offer from HBC (spent $50 - those who did this offer, your bonus miles posted quickly, right?). My Mastercard World Elite miles should post on the 25th or 26th and I think I hit 300 miles this month. Hopefully Sobeys steps up its game next week!

My HB points posted in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter