Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Grrrr, this program drives me nuts!!! Leave it alone already. Now I have $300 of cash miles sitting there. Pretty sure that I can't change them over to Dream, right? Would it work if I cashed in all my cash miles into e cards from Staples and then used the Staples ecards to buy gift cards for somewhere else?

I know this topic has been pretty much beat to death however I'm confused with the issue so hoping for some good advice.
I booked a room only at WDW and am thinking that I should buy a ticket using Airmiles instead of paying the |$500 extra with the room.
So if I get a 7 day ticket, did I read that I can make it a 9 day when I get there? Can I also add on park hopper? are these expensive options? I also have some very old bits and pieces of old not expired tickets and wonder if I can use them to upgrade my new 7 day.
I know this has to be a questions people are tired of but I just need to get my head around the options and if it is a good deal. I only need one so I'm not sure if its worth the effort.
TIA

Upgrading your AM Canadian Discount ticket is still a little uncertain. Some have reported being able to add the extra days and options once at Disney at $10/day for extra days and $55 for the Parkhopper (Canadian discount). It's usually $75US for the park hopper option. Other people have reported being quoted much more to do the upgrades.

There are a few members here who are going in the next few weeks who will try again. If you can hold out until they have reported back there may be some more definitive information for you. I personally am hoping to be able to upgrade some AM (pre-discount) tickets to park hopper+ in May so I am also hoping for some good news.

Even the experts over on the Theme Park Strategies thread "All about tickets" are uncertain on this upgrade at this time.

I think Days in the Sun said she would report back later this week with her experience. If you can wait a while hold on, if not the Canadian Discount on the Disney Website is great value and you'll get exactly what you need for your trip.

Grrrr, this program drives me nuts!!! Leave it alone already. Now I have $300 of cash miles sitting there. Pretty sure that I can't change them over to Dream, right? Would it work if I cashed in all my cash miles into e cards from Staples and then used the Staples ecards to buy gift cards for somewhere else?

Another easy way to use your cash miles is to use them to pay for your groceries or drugstore purchases and then take the cash you would have used to pay for those groceries and put that aside to do your "fun" stuff.

Another easy way to use your cash miles is to use them to pay for your groceries or drugstore purchases and then take the cash you would have used to pay for those groceries and put that aside to do your "fun" stuff.

This what I am planning on doing. But now I can only put aside $50 at a time instead of $100 or $150.

My problem with this is that the grocery stores I can do this at (Sobey's, Foodland) are more expensive than the store I usually use the GC I bought with my AM (FreshCo). It's annoying. Plus, if I want to use my AM for gas at Shell, I can't do more than $50. My van takes more than that to fill. Grr. I'm really not happy with this change.

Why they couldn't just require a pin to use the cash miles, I don't know. That would be a big step in eliminating false usage. I also wonder how many AM were actually stolen and how much it was just people redeeming for GC, which I'm sure they hate.

My problem with this is that the grocery stores I can do this at (Sobey's, Foodland) are more expensive than the store I usually use the GC I bought with my AM (FreshCo). It's annoying. Plus, if I want to use my AM for gas at Shell, I can't do more than $50. My van takes more than that to fill. Grr. I'm really not happy with this change.

Why they couldn't just require a pin to use the cash miles, I don't know. That would be a big step in eliminating false usage. I also wonder how many AM were actually stolen and how much it was just people redeeming for GC, which I'm sure they hate.

I totally think they just decided they don't want people redeeming for gift cards.
Am I going to be able to use the e certificates for gift cards , does anybody know?

I went looking for e-Vouchers for Sobeys under Cash Rewards and it doesn't have the option to purchase. It just says redeem in store.

looks like Staples might be the only option, they have a pretty good variety of gift cards and it doesn't state in the fine print that you can't use the e card for gift cards

looks like Staples might be the only option, they have a pretty good variety of gift cards and it doesn't state in the fine print that you can't use the e card for gift cards

I hate to be the bearer of super bad news (on a Monday morning to add salt to the wound!) ---and it hurts me as well because i had been stupidly waiting for ALL of my STB miles to post before i cashed in on giftcards at Shell but this is the fine print on the Staples site. SO annoyed right now. We'll probably be cashing in for e-vouchers for Cineplex, the Bay and maybe some dining cards

upload_2017-4-3_11-43-50.png

I hate to be the bearer of super bad news (on a Monday morning to add salt to the wound!) ---and it hurts me as well because i had been stupidly waiting for ALL of my STB miles to post before i cashed in on giftcards at Shell but this is the fine print on the Staples site. SO annoyed right now. We'll probably be cashing in for e-vouchers for Cineplex, the Bay and maybe some dining cards

View attachment 229061

But it's not a gift card, is it? When I printed an e voucher for cineplex it was just a printout with a barcode

But it's not a gift card, is it? When I printed an e voucher for cineplex it was just a printout with a barcode
No, they are treated in the same fashion that any other gift cards are. I've redeemed for both The Bay and Cineplex and they were both accepted on-line by entering the code & PIN. I also printed them out -- I didn't want to pay the shipping for what i wanted in the Bay and i ended up with some $$ left on the cineplex one. On the websites for both of those (and Staples as well) they are referred to "e-gift cards"

I wish i had better news, it would make ME happier as well, but we are now SOL if we were waiting to redeem for giftcards, sorry

upload_2017-4-3_15-28-49.jpeg

Just miscellaneous, crazy day:

I'm off tomorrow, in the park Wednesday so will check as many combinations as I can ie. adding hoppers, Park hoppers+, adding days, annual pass. I'm working with pre 2/11 am canadian and pre-canadian am tickets. Unfortunately won't be doing it at Disney Springs since it's not on our list to go to. From reading posts, I know it would greatly increase our odds of getting a reasonable price. I will post as soon as I can, husband is going to remind me.

Earned 101am this morning at Rexall, spent $20 and another 18am from Metro on Oasis smoothies and personal offer, spent $9.
My mom used her Foodland gc at Freshco successfully today (Ontario)

OK slap me silly, i never actually attached the picture of the gift card!
View attachment 229029

I wonder if this is a batch of old cards. It mentions being able to use the card at Price Chopper - didn't they all switch over to FreshCo a few years ago?

ETA - I see there are still 3 Price Choppers in Ontario. I still bet these are a batch of old cards, since I can't see them putting that on them now.

Have a blast @Days In the Sun , enjoy the fruits of your AM hunt

images

I wonder if this is a batch of old cards. It mentions being able to use the card at Price Chopper - didn't they all switch over to FreshCo a few years ago?

ETA - I see there are still 3 Price Choppers in Ontario. I still bet these are a batch of old cards, since I can't see them putting that on them now.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least considering the size and location of this store!

I posted earlier....we are currently at WDW and I redeemed our Canadian resident discounted AM exchange certificates at Disney Springs when we arrived on March 26 (this was the exchange certificates I received from AM with the lower points required to buy). We were asked for our passports and were able to add the park hopper option for $55 US, which is the discounted rate for the Canadian Resident ticket offer. I know we had an experienced CM at Disney Springs as she knew there was a discounted PH option and had to get a supervisor to help her find it on her computer. So if you exchange your certificates and want to add the PH option, it should only be $55. If they tell you it is $75, ask for a supervisor because they know where it is on the computer.

That's the same card that I picked up today. FreshCo is on the ones from before Christmas, but not on this one. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter