Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I can't wait until we can do this! I stopped collecting Dream miles a while ago when our options for lots of AM dried up here on Vancouver Island and I now do 100% cash miles so I can use them for Starbucks GCs as I get 95. I still have 149 Dream miles that have just been sitting there, useless, for a long time so it will be nice when I can move those over to Cash and get another $10 at Starbucks!

I can't wait until we can do this! I stopped collecting Dream miles a while ago when our options for lots of AM dried up here on Vancouver Island and I now do 100% cash miles so I can use them for Starbucks GCs as I get 95. I still have 149 Dream miles that have just been sitting there, useless, for a long time so it will be nice when I can move those over to Cash and get another $10 at Starbucks!
And eventually there won't be Cash or Dreams. It will be all one account like it originally was in the beginning.

DS was selected as someone to take part in the pilot of this. He had just over 2000 Dream miles. As soon as I saw the email those Dreams miles were transferred to Cash and they purchased groceries this week. The $ that didn't go on my CC were put into a travel account to be used on whatever when we take a trip to Florida.

His account is set to 100% Cash all the time so that's generally how he rolls. The abilitly to transfer between buckets is a game changer

DS was selected as someone to take part in the pilot of this. He had just over 2000 Dream miles. As soon as I saw the email those Dreams miles were transferred to Cash and they purchased groceries this week. The $ that didn't go on my CC were put into a travel account to be used on whatever when we take a trip to Florida.

His account is set to 100% Cash all the time so that's generally how he rolls. The abilitly to transfer between buckets is a game changer
And did it transfer 1:1? Did you notice if it was the same ratio if you did it the opposite way?
I can't wait for this.

So if we go to all airmiles being the same ,,,
like in one category will all the e-vouchers for stuff like Starbucks still remain available ?

A girl's got to have her coffee.

02e3f2f410509b921c9b4d835e243da2.jpg
Good Morning.
Hugs Mel

Well I think I found the next thing to save for, express pass for Universal for my March break trip. A night at a deluxe is way too much, and I'm reluctant to lose the deal on the hotel I already have booked. I could add a night at a deluxe, but it would be at the start of Universal and I worry we'd hate being there without express pass after. So, I've asked for a quote for the last Universal day.

Now I just need some more flash offers :) Or other good AM deals!

O/T
I am wondering if I am alone in thinking the arrivals area at Toronto Pearson Airport appears
Dark, Dismal, Damp ,Dirty and Dreadful for a Major Airport?
I was embarrassed to say it is my local Airport.
Like I wanted to take a power washer to the whole area.
Just an observation.

Hugs Mel
I've never really thought about it but T3 baggage claim kind of feels like a basement. It's fine once you exit. T1 is completely different, with very high ceiling and modern feel but it is much newer. I wouldn't say it seems to be any dirtier than any other space that is super high traffic.

The dates I am going are super pricey, which leads me to believe it will be super busy :) But we'll see what AM comes back with. If it isn't great I can do a hotel, but they've gone up in price now as well.
Having Express makes such a major difference at Universal. I honestly wouldn't even visit without it. Yes, you can do it but it just makes a world of difference, especially during busy times. What are the dates you are planning to be there? Remember that you get two full days of express with one night at a deluxe hotel.

Having Express makes such a major difference at Universal. I honestly wouldn't even visit without it. Yes, you can do it but it just makes a world of difference, especially during busy times. What are the dates you are planning to be there? Remember that you get two full days of express with one night at a deluxe hotel.
We will be in Florida from March 11 to 18th, the first couple days we'll be at SeaWorld then we are switching to Universal. My concern is I don't want to book a night at a Deluxe on a Friday or Saturday night, it's $1200 a night. I don't want to change hotels 4 times, once is going to be enough I think. And it's just two of us. Any way I do that math I either have the Express pass at the start of Universal or have to change hotels too often. It's all a bit of a mess and I jumped on a good flight deal and kiddo wants Universal and I'd rather just go to Disney because I know what I'm doing lol. I could switch Universal and SeaWorld but then I think our last day would be at a waterpark and I'm not sure that the best way to end the trip. Right now I'm looking at:
March 11 - we get in very late so no park / SW area hotel
March 12 - SeaWorld / SW area hotel
March 13 - Aquatica / change to Aventura after the water park
March 14 - Universal
March 15 - Universal
March 16 - Volcano Bay
March 17 - Universal w/ Express Pass
March 18 - fly home. We may have time to go to a park before we fly home, it's a late flight

I had considered staying at the SW hotel another night and doing 1 night at the Deluxe, for $1000-ish, but then we'd have our final day at Universal without the pass and I'm worried it would be frustrating after having the Express Pass for 2 days.

We will be in Florida from March 11 to 18th, the first couple days we'll be at SeaWorld then we are switching to Universal. My concern is I don't want to book a night at a Deluxe on a Friday or Saturday night, it's $1200 a night. I don't want to change hotels 4 times, once is going to be enough I think. And it's just two of us. Any way I do that math I either have the Express pass at the start of Universal or have to change hotels too often. It's all a bit of a mess and I jumped on a good flight deal and kiddo wants Universal and I'd rather just go to Disney because I know what I'm doing lol. I could switch Universal and SeaWorld but then I think our last day would be at a waterpark and I'm not sure that the best way to end the trip. Right now I'm looking at:
March 11 - we get in very late so no park / SW area hotel
March 12 - SeaWorld / SW area hotel
March 13 - Aquatica / change to Aventura after the water park
March 14 - Universal
March 15 - Universal
March 16 - Volcano Bay
March 17 - Universal w/ Express Pass
March 18 - fly home. We may have time to go to a park before we fly home, it's a late flight

I had considered staying at the SW hotel another night and doing 1 night at the Deluxe, for $1000-ish, but then we'd have our final day at Universal without the pass and I'm worried it would be frustrating after having the Express Pass for 2 days.
RPR is $682 and a one day unlimited 2 park express pass is $240 each. (just pricing the night of March 14.)

I would stay at RPR the first night and just ride everything like crazy those two days and then leisurely ride on March 17.

However, you know your touring plans better than me.

It is truly a love/hate relationship with those AM Receipts. I was looking to see what was in the list as I had to pop to Metro this morning. Nutella was on the list and I purchased a jar last week at FreshCo. Dug the receipt out, scanned it and poof +30AM (10 for the Nutella and 20 Bonus).

I needed some salsa in the pantry so I picked some up when I went to Metro. Came home put an arrow next to the item, scanned the receipt and ... nothing. They don't recognize any matching offers. Off I go to submit an inquiry (again). Now I wait...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter