Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Went to Metro today and totally forgot to use my cash miles. Sigh. Guess I will still have them for the next time they do a promotion to get some back? I did use my BMO MC so should earn the bonus on that eventually too. I was planning to go tomorrow but another "winter storm warning" is on for over night so I went today instead.

Good afternoon….we are safely onboard. Everything was very smooth and DD met us at the atrium. LOL…I was trying to video the entrance and there she was so didn’t I mess it up. I cried! She then toured us all over the ship and took us for lunch. It was a wonderful start to the week. I honestly don’t know what we would have done with ourselves if she wasn’t here. We’ve met some of her friends and they have big plans for us. No idea what but I’ve been told it’s coming.

See y’all in a week!

Good afternoon….we are safely onboard. Everything was very smooth and DD met us at the atrium. LOL…I was trying to video the entrance and there she was so didn’t I mess it up. I cried! She then toured us all over the ship and took us for lunch. It was a wonderful start to the week. I honestly don’t know what we would have done with ourselves if she wasn’t here. We’ve met some of her friends and they have big plans for us. No idea what but I’ve been told it’s coming.

See y’all in a week!
So very happy for you guys!🚢
Hope you get showered with lots of :tink:
Enjoy everything and have an awesome Cruise Hon.
Hugs Mel

See y’all in a week!
Hope you have a great week and that there are lots of nice surprises for you. Enjoy, have a dance with Mickey.

Also, I don't know if you will be looking at this page while away however if you happen to see this item in the shops, please let me know when you get back. Looks like it is a new item but not sure which ship they are on. All I know is I NEED one, LOL.
TIA

327082748_581251136805159_274536788155708372_n.jpg

O/T mini rant:sad2:
Today was the day I finally lost it with my bank.
Old reservation with Airmiles/Red Tag/
Hotel stay cancelled back in Oct. They credited the money back in 4 days.
Bank credit card used had been cancelled last summer due to compromise.
Bank actually melded my two compromised credit cards together .(This should never have been done).
This has taken multiple calls,, and time to sort this out. I was promised the money would be put into my account by today. Then today happens and it could now be another week.
This has been a 3 almost 4 month battle.
I am tempted to move to another Bank at this point,,, however I am not sure they'd be much better.

Thanks for letting me rant on here.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

O/T mini rant:sad2:
Today was the day I finally lost it with my bank.
Old reservation with Airmiles/Red Tag/
Hotel stay cancelled back in Oct. They credited the money back in 4 days.
Bank credit card used had been cancelled last summer due to compromise.
Bank actually melded my two compromised credit cards together .(This should never have been done).
This has taken multiple calls,, and time to sort this out. I was promised the money would be put into my account by today. Then today happens and it could now be another week.
This has been a 3 almost 4 month battle.
I am tempted to move to another Bank at this point,,, however I am not sure they'd be much better.

Thanks for letting me rant on here.
Hugs Mel

That is really crappy. Banks are not in business to help people from my experience. I switched to ones that don't charge fees for banking at least, but do still have my BMO credit card for the airmiles. Is there some kind of ombudsmen office that can assist you? There should be someone higher up you can complain to and get things resolved. Seems like a crazy wait for what is something that should be simple :(

Greetings from hot and sunny Cozumel Starbucks. We are having a nice time so far. Yesterday was Pixar Day at Sea and as per DD’s request we tried to attend as much of it as we could. It was exhausting to going all day like that. Today we have done a little shopping in port and are currently hanging out at Starbucks waiting for DD and her friends to come back from getting massages. Then we are taking them all to lunch. Formal night to night and I hit up the laundry room at 8am to iron everything.

I’ll keep an eye out for the towel man in the gift shop!

6D55B10B-F1AB-481C-84ED-722EE5B35C93.jpeg6D55B10B-F1AB-481C-84ED-722EE5B35C93.jpeg

Question for those with TONS of miles saved: What you are going to do with them?

I have 11,637 Dream miles right now. Saving for 3 multi-park tickets for Universal when Epic Universe opens up Summer 2025. I figure for three 3-park (P2P) tickets will be close to 20,000 miles after it opens.

Question for those with TONS of miles saved: What you are going to do with them?

I have 11,637 Dream miles right now. Saving for 3 multi-park tickets for Universal when Epic Universe opens up Summer 2025. I figure for three 3-park (P2P) tickets will be close to 20,000 miles after it opens.
We have 2.2MM Chase Ultimate Rewards points, worth $33,000 in travel. DH is hoarding them for that "special trip." I told him I'll fly everyone in for his memorial service someday.

Seriously, we're planning on Tokyo Disney next spring, and will use some of them for one of those "rooms" on ANA's non-stop flights from Chicago. Unless he finds a better deal somewhere else, which he will.

It's saying something about the program when you're getting excited about earning 10AM. Back in the good old days that would have been 100.

Oh well I'm going to have fun spending all the Dream miles I've collected over the years.
Yep it's as dry as a Donald Duck Desert!
mqdefault.jpg

I am just trying to get a few Airmiles to add to my collection as a future inflation fighter for a couple of Hotel rooms.

Scene+ is no better,,, I just added $20 cash directly to my savings account as there is nothing in the flyers at Sobeys, Foodland or FreshCo for me this week.

Hugs Mel

I have 60k AM and will use to book a cruise or all inclusive package. I was going to use to book hotels for a road trip but fees on hotels seem super high. I don’t quite see the point of using 3000 AM for 1 night and then having to pay $60-70 extra fees .

Sure noticed that the fees have increased and the AM don't get you nearly as much, so I do feel it is best to use instead of save . Once those AM are gone I will probably be done with the program, too hard to collect these days.

For those who do the Shell monthly offers, if you go on their app, there is one for February you can opt into now. I usually wait to get the email, but I need to get gas this week so decided to check the app instead.
But they are getting cheaper in the points as I used to get after 4 fill ups get 100am and this month I got get 75 miles after your 4th fill up. At least my Mom's account got the 100 mile bonus.
It looks like my 2 accounts won't reach Onyx this year so I will lose out on the Shell+ next year. Need some big bonus events this year

I have about 13K in my account - my mom’s has about 4K that she’s going to merge with mine. Just need 9K for those 3 & 4th DL 5 day PH.

And then im probably done with the program. I collected 35 AM in Jan. 25 were from a November offer of spend 95 get 25 back.

I don’t know if I’m sad or proud? I made it through January by only spending about $12 on groceries in cash at the fruit and veggie stand (and just making stuff from pantry and freezer - and groceries from Dec). Which means my no-spend days goal totally worked! Take that inflation!

However, my AirMiles will suffer 😂😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter