Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My chapters GC came, I got my AM and the 20X for it already. I used it to purchase items so hopefully those post quickly as well. I believe I should also get 10X (for the other deal to the end of November) and hopefully the TSC purchase also posts quickly, that should get me the base points, plus 20X, 10X and 2X. End of it all, I only need about 100 AM to get to Onyx now so that's great, I'm sure hoping I can do that at Metro over December. And Phew! Now xmas shopping for my nieces is done, got a couple things for my son (including a blanket from Indigo/Chapters, he keeps trying to steal the one I got myself last year so I got him one) and a couple items for me that I may wrap and put under the tree so I have something there lol. Or not, we'll see :D Tomorrow I am rearranging a few furniture pieces and going to put up the tree. It has to be close enough to a wall to attach somehow so Mr Olaf doesn't knock it over. He did that twice last year. The other cats like to sit under it but oh that boy, he grabs the ornaments and pulls! But he's so cute :)

View attachment 721030
Oh my gosh he is adorable. I love his markings.
Yeah we have been waiting to see what will happen with a christmas tree,,,
Sunday is the BIG test. So far she has left my train set alone.,,, but a tree with bright shiny balls????lol.
Have fun decorating Hon.
1669329277832.png
1669329327946.png
1669329365101.png
LOL

My cat used to just sleep on the tree skirt under the tree in the corner where no one could see him. He also had a unusual need to chew on the lights. Out would go a whole string and I would be under the tree trying to figure out which light was gone so that I could replace it and get the lights back on.

See if you can tie it up to a hook on the wall to stabilize it.

Yup my sisters cat tipped over my tree on Christmas Day just as we were heading out to see my Dad. Quick pickup and we left. From then on it was attached to the wall and the curtain rod.

My cat used to just sleep on the tree skirt under the tree in the corner where no one could see him. He also had a unusual need to chew on the lights. Out would go a whole string and I would be under the tree trying to figure out which light was gone so that I could replace it and get the lights back on.

See if you can tie it up to a hook on the wall to stabilize it.

Last year I decorated the tree. Then had to undecorate it since they all got knocked off. I actually found one of the ball ornaments the other day, I think he was batting it around in the basement and brought it up. Not sure what will happen this year! Cats make Christmas trees more exciting :)

@bababear_50 have to wait and see... some cats like the ornaments, some the tree itself! My one cat used to climb up and sleep in the branches, but she's outgrown that habit. And I have two who simply like to sleep under it. Good luck! :D

So wondering if anybody has had their Carousel of Dreams bonus miles post yet? I had one if I downloaded the Shell app and linked my air miles card I earned 100 bonus miles. I also had the spend $40 or more at Metro earn 100 bonus miles. I haven't seen either of them post yet or either of my accounts.

I just ordered a foot massager through Amazon and was so excited about bonus AM's. Then it hit me, does this category count? Anyone care to guess?
I am guessing no, but might depend on the brand?

Included categories*:
Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Amazon Cloud Cam
Automotive
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Electronic Components & Home Audio
Element Smart TV
Fire TV Devices
Furniture
Handmade
Home Entertainment
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Kitchen & Dining
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
Outdoor Recreation
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Software
Tires & Wheels
Watches

I don't think the miles from the carousel will post until the middle of December at the earliest since we have until the 1st to use them. Frustrating because I would have liked to know if I could use all of the Metro ones I earned or will only one of each actually post?

Check to see if it's on Well.ca, best buy, the bay ... think outside of the box for other store .... and if it is cancel the Amazon order! Poof miles earned.

I was going to post this
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=foot+massager

I wish Amazon had more available categories for Airmiles ,,,,,Pets!:dog::cat:

Hugs Mel
Thank you both. The one I ordered is actually $130 more at Best Buy and not offered at well.ca or The Bay. I'm happy to not get AM's if I can save $130 though.
Maybe it will fall under the category of Luxury Beauty, lol.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/miko-yoisho-shiatsu-foot-massage/14788027

ETA-I just noticed that the sale for this, on Best Buy, ends Jan 29, 2033. LOL.

I am guessing no, but might depend on the brand?

Included categories*:
Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Amazon Cloud Cam
Automotive
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Clothing & Accessories
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Electronic Components & Home Audio
Element Smart TV
Fire TV Devices
Furniture
Handmade
Home Entertainment
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Kitchen & Dining
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
Outdoor Recreation
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Software
Tires & Wheels
Watches
I've been sitting with the laptop since 7am doing my Christmas shopping. Should be earning a nice amount of miles. I've still got to look at the things I was planning to get from Amazon but I think none of it will earn miles. Bummer since I bought that Max Pass with the hopes that I would get at least a few miles. Some bigger items I need are a steam cleaner and a slow cooker....that's all the oldest DD is asking for.

The only thing that's on the list that is a maybe is a Kindle. DD needs some sort of device for book reading to take away with her. I know nothing about Kindles. I was planning to get an Amazon Fire tablet as they are on sale everywhere and I could get one with optimum points, Canadian Tire money or Walmart (I've got a gift card). Hmmmm....I guess I should have thought more about this before now. I should probably look at the options that save me money over earning miles.....her new job has cost me a fortune so far. LOL....she found out 2 days ago that all the clothes she has packed are not allowed and she has next to nothing that is allowed.

Last edited:
If anyone has any info to share I would greatly appreciate it.....kindle VS Amazon tablet. I was thinking that the tablet would be more useable later on. Although, maybe DD will get into the e-reader thing over actual books :confused3

I have a kindle paperwhite, it is waterproof so I can read at the beach and no worries. It is only for reading books. A tablet would obviously do more. I like that I can read the kindle without glare from the sun. I really like my kindle. But I have never had a tablet.

If anyone has any info to share I would greatly appreciate it.....kindle VS Amazon tablet. I was thinking that the tablet would be more useable later on. Although, maybe DD will get into the e-reader thing over actual books :confused3
I have both. I usually read on the Kindle (or library Libby) app on my tablet. But I think that is because I like the print on the tablet. . . . I am an old gal, which is probably the reason I like the bigger font on the bigger device.

One plus to the Kindle is that the charge lasts a loooong time compared to the tablet!

I've been sitting with the laptop since 7am doing my Christmas shopping. Should be earning a nice amount of miles. I've still got to look at the things I was planning to get from Amazon but I think none of it will earn miles. Bummer since I bought that Max Pass with the hopes that I would get at least a few miles. Some bigger items I need are a steam cleaner and a slow cooker....that's all the oldest DD is asking for.

The only thing that's on the list that is a maybe is a Kindle. DD needs some sort of device for book reading to take away with her. I know nothing about Kindles. I was planning to get an Amazon Fire tablet as they are on sale everywhere and I could get one with optimum points, Canadian Tire money or Walmart (I've got a gift card). Hmmmm....I guess I should have thought more about this before now. I should probably look at the options that save me money over earning miles.....her new job has cost me a fortune so far. LOL....she found out 2 days ago that all the clothes she has packed are not allowed and she has next to nothing that is allowed.
I am also taking price over miles this year,,,
I tried Body Shop & Amazon and ended up just not doing them,,(not included or out of stock).
Only Black Friday shop for me this year was Indigo gift card.
Curious why are some of her packed clothes not allowed?
My vote is a tablet ,,just more useful.
Hugs Mel

I have both. I usually read on the Kindle (or library Libby) app on my tablet. But I think that is because I like the print on the tablet. . . . I am an old gal, which is probably the reason I like the bigger font on the bigger device.

One plus to the Kindle is that the charge lasts a loooong time compared to the tablet!
I just make the font bigger on the kindle, it's adjustable same as in the app. And agree on the charge! It lasts a long time

I am also taking price over miles this year,,,
I tried Body Shop & Amazon and ended up just not doing them,,(not included or out of stock).
Only Black Friday shop for me this year was Indigo gift card.
Curious why are some of her packed clothes not allowed?
My vote is a tablet ,,just more useful.
Hugs Mel
I ordered some things for myself from Clinique and Sephora. Both orders over $100 and paid MC so that gives me the extra 50 for MC, plus the 20X, plus each had a small multiplier 2X/3X. I also ordered from Nike and Lululemon. I still need to order a steamer and crockpot which I think is going to come from Walmart....I think I can put my gift card towards that and still get some miles....20X plus MC.

The clothes........they have a strict dress code. It's called the 'look'. They do not allow athletic wear of any kind unless they are backstage. They do not allow anything with visible labels or graphics. Being a dancer most of her clothes are from Lululemon which are not allowed....athletic and have a label. Her dresses are all skinny straps, also not allowed. Performers get a lot of privileges that other crew don't get. They are allowed to spend their free time in guest areas which is why the dress code. It is nearly impossible to find summer weight clothes right now. She has no shorts or plain t's that fit the dress code. I have been to several Winners/Marshalls and dealt with the Old Navy clearance section.....all I managed to find were 2 plain cotton t's and a pink cardigan that she thinks she can wear over her dresses. I did however find the socks she asked for at the Nike store beside Old Navy......ummmm, and I walked out with 6 pairs of shoes. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter