Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Also wanted to mention....it's kind of AM related.

I don't know if this is already in your area or not...but we are finally getting curbside pick-up at Safeway with Voila. It went live today. I knew it was coming to our city as dh won the contract to complete the work in the stores here to accommodate the freezers and fridges they will use. It's nice to see Safeway join other stores. I'm sure they noticed a drop in business due to others going to other stores to take advantage of this.

If it's not in your area....watch for it to arrive...if you like to do the click and collect thing. Our city tends to be used as a test center for new features that happen in stores. Don't ask me why...but I know that many big chains use our city stores to test out new things they want to try.

I have Voilia in my area,,I was originally turned off due to them not giving Airmiles ,,, however after checking today I see they now are.
https://voila.ca/content/air-miles"Is the AIR MILES Reward Program available at Voilà? Yes, as of May 3rd, 2021 the AIR MILES Reward Program is available at Voilà and AIR MILES Collectors can get Reward Miles on all eligible purchases. See Terms & Conditions for full details."

Voilà is offering curbside pickup in select locations in Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Alberta, providing a safe and convenient way to shop for groceries.
https://voila.ca/content/voila-curbside-pickup
Check to see if they are in your area
https://voila.login-seconnecter.ca/...en-CA&redirect_uri=https://voila.ca/sso-login
A review of the service
https://moneyinyourtea.com/review-voila-by-sobeys-grocery-delivery/
There are a few surprising categories, too, as they have partnered with Farm Boy and Well.ca.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I have Voilia in my area,,I was originally turned off due to them not giving Airmiles ,,, however after checking today I see they now are.
I'm glad...more people are using the service. Especially in our area, more and more people are using the click and collect avenue.

It's good to know that AM is now attached to it!

have Voilia in my area,,I was originally turned off due to them not giving Airmiles ,,, however after checking today I see they now are.
https://voila.ca/content/air-miles "Is the AIR MILES Reward Program available at Voilà? Yes, as of May 3rd, 2021 the AIR MILES Reward Program is available at Voilà and AIR MILES Collectors can get Reward Miles on all eligible purchases. See Terms & Conditions for full details."
This info helped out my friend as she orders thru Voila since she doesn't drive and she just added her air miles card to her account. She wishes she knew about this earlier as she had a couple of big orders in May and June.

I don't think they give you Air Miles on specific items, though. You just get the basic 1 mile per $20 spent.

"AIR MILES Reward Program offers, multipliers, Bonus Offers and special promotions that are available in-store at participating Sobeys Inc. banners are not available on Voilà. Offers available on Voilà are not available in-store."

I don't think they give you Air Miles on specific items, though. You just get the basic 1 mile per $20 spent.

"AIR MILES Reward Program offers, multipliers, Bonus Offers and special promotions that are available in-store at participating Sobeys Inc. banners are not available on Voilà. Offers available on Voilà are not available in-store."

Well that is really too bad. Oh well.
Thanks for clarifying.
Hugs
Mel

Got my quote back! I inquired about the delay on Monday - and it was because I chose (randomly, I might add) dates too far in the future for them to try to purchase - so had to wait a few more days for those to be made available. They also included a note that I needed to know which park I wanted to start at each day. (Also, does anyone know if that's changeable if reservations are still available for that day? I hope they go back to immediate park hopping - I typically finish all of DCA before 11am...):

Reward item: Disneyland 5 day park hopper ticket 1 Adult November 15, 2021

AIR MILES Reward Miles Quote: 5,500 MILES

Note : We require specific dates and parks for each date

I was under the impression that you (the person travelling) made the park reservations once you had your tickets. I didn't think you needed to know all that information just to get the tickets? Maybe they are just trying to make things easier on you (not having to make the reservations yourself) or I am completely out to lunch with my interpretation.

I was under the impression that you (the person travelling) made the park reservations once you had your tickets. I didn't think you needed to know all that information just to get the tickets? Maybe they are just trying to make things easier on you (not having to make the reservations yourself) or I am completely out to lunch with my interpretation.
I tried to purchase on the site - and it wouldn’t let me checkout without choosing dates and parks.

i think it’s different for WDW and DL. when i was looking at DL tickets, you did have to pick your park for the day (or for the morning, if you added hoppers)
Yeah and that seems to be a new re-opening addition. Because that’s never been the case. The weird part is, it’s not dynamic pricing. Soooo seems like you should be able to buy a multi-day park hopper, and make reservations from there.

Just finished the Major Miles event. My total purchase across 4 stores pre-tax and shipping was $300.03. lol let’s bet…will I have to go to bat for my 375 miles?

My vote is yes.

I got the additional 300 AM in my account the very next day after I placed my order at the 3rd store. It was very quick, before my order even shipped. I got my 75AM after my first two stores/orders.

I’m not sure if this offer would work across more than 3 stores though.

I got the additional 300 AM in my account the very next day after I placed my order at the 3rd store. It was very quick, before my order even shipped. I got my 75AM after my first two stores/orders.

I’m not sure if this offer would work across more than 3 stores though.
Sorry! I have bad wording. 4 transactions. 3 stores. 🥳 it doesn’t say they can’t be like 7 different transactions…hmmm

Does anyone happen to have one of the General Mills cereal boxes that has the towel code inside, that they don't intend to use? I thought I had one box so I bought a second box but then discovered that I didn't have one at home...now there are none left in stores. So I need the code from one box.

Does anyone happen to have one of the General Mills cereal boxes that has the towel code inside, that they don't intend to use? I thought I had one box so I bought a second box but then discovered that I didn't have one at home...now there are none left in stores. So I need the code from one box.
Nope sorry I used the codes from both of my boxes and I received my towel a couple of weeks ago. Today I received the Tshirt from the other General Mills promotion.
I also hope that they still have the towels as I have been caught in that trap that I bought an item for the code and when I went to the site it was already all out of stock.

I did cut out the Cheer from the Cheerios box to cheer on the Canadian Olympians. I will display it in my house with my towel.

Just got a BMO offer
"Just spend $125 or more in a single transaction on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard at Sobeys or Safeway between July 29 and August 1. Simply follow these steps at checkout:1"

I have to present a coupon Bar Code to the cashier which was included in the email.
And use my BMO mastercard

Hmmmmmm...................
maybe

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter