Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did anyone here who has the bmo world elite card get a discount on the annual fee? I thought I had read that a few months ago. Am I dreaming? Contemplating canceling it and sticking with my new TD aeroplan visa

Did anyone here who has the bmo world elite card get a discount on the annual fee? I thought I had read that a few months ago. Am I dreaming? Contemplating canceling it and sticking with my new TD aeroplan visa
I did. I mentioned that I could not use the travel benefits because of COVID and the cost was to much for the features they offered. They credited me back $60.

I managed to get credit for the full annual fee a few months ago. Explained I wasn't able to use the perks for travel etc.

just placed an order for some shoes for the hubby from Saucony & the darned things cost $160 meaning I've reached the full threshold of $300 at 3 stores WOOT!

Spent $306.05 and I'll earn a total of 387 miles, not half bad for online shopping. I'll just keep my fingers crossed until they post, which should be soon, last time I did this to bump up a threshold the shoes posted within a week.

I spent just over $100 at two stores. But I feel like I should at least try to spend another $200 at a third store for the additional 300AM. Need to think about this some more, lol.
Please keep in mind that is spending $200 for a return of $30. If it's something you were going to buy in the next two months anyway great, if not give it a second thought before making the purchase. It might just be cheaper to put $30 into a vacation fund.

Hmmmmmm.... ice cream Nestle Polar treats???
I know,,,, I know,,,,,, not good for the stomach.
But I can buy them for the sons though.:)
Hugs
Mel

On the live chat right now getting some missing miles for DH's account.

The rep, Sara, asked to confirm all my contact info. She said "that email is a duplicate in the system". I said "Yes, my wife uses hers for both accounts since she controls them (LOL)" She then said "We just made some change to our account so we longer can use 1 email for 2 accounts. May I please have another one for your account ?"

Like, no! I have had zero issues yesterday and today logging in to both accounts.

She then said "I understand you can make free email accounts hotmail, gmail and always update your info https://www.airmiles.ca/en/profile.html. Because in the future if you need to make any changes the system wont allow you to."

I'll take my chances, Sara. Just gimmie my miles!

Sobeys Shop this morning

Well all the ice cream was way over priced starting at $7.99 ,,,just a year ago $2,99-$3,99 price range ,,,so no ice cream.

Fit bowls started at 6.99 each...last week they were 3.99 for the chicken Teriyaki..so no Fit Bowls.

Nestle Quick was way over priced at 7.99 a bottle,, I can get it on Amazon for $3.99 a bottle.

No half decent Nestle cello packs at a reasonable price. (I don't eat chocolate anyway).

I decided to do my end of the month food drive donation.

30 boxes Fruit Loops x $4.99 = $149
= 95x5= 475 Airmiles plus a couple of extras total airmiles 525.
It would have been cheaper at Foodland but I am just not venturing up there yet.
My last Donation till end of summer.

Hugs
Mel

Added note:
Noticed that I did not receive my 10 bonus airmiles for 3x99 cent reusable bags but My Offers people added them for me.

Last edited:
Last week I got the non-offer, offer of "scan your AM card + MC for 2x the miles!"

This week, I got this thrilling offer:

Get 2x the Miles* until September 30, 2021.

*. Use your card for eligible travel, entertainment and dining purchases. Up to a maximum cumulative spend of $500 per month.

so I guess that's like...25 miles/month? I don't know what the earn is on my MC - I assume 1AM/$20

Gee, thanks? I feel valued....or maybe, I see my value....

I'm still trying to figure out the new AM's on the BMO Elite MC.
1 for every $12 and 3 for every $12 if it's at an AM sponsor. Correct?
On my latest AM's from BMO I received 73 regular AM's. That would be because they clawed back for the $1950 refund from my cruise.
Now it get's interesting. I have 3 X's accelerator bonus of 49 AM's and that is posted twice. So total for this statement I received 171 AM's (73+49+49). I assume that means that I spent $588 at AM's sponsors which could make sense since I purchased GC's from Metro to meet a target.
Now, here's my question. If I were to purchase Disney GC's to pay for our cruise and Disney stay at Metro then I guess I would get triple AM's on those? Spend $360 on a GC, get 90 AM's? Not a bad deal if I have to pay anyways.
Anyone find flaws in my thinking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter