Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This is what I found

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/get-help/business-updates-faqs.html

• Who is the AIR MILES Reward Program’s parent company?

Alliance Data owns and operates LoyaltyOne’s AIR MILES Reward Program.

Why is Alliance Data spinning off LoyaltyOne, owner and operator of the AIR MILES Reward Program?

You may have heard in the news that the parent company of the AIR MILES Reward Program, Alliance Data, intends to spin off the Program along with another one of its businesses later this year. A spinoff is the creation of an independent company from a parent company. The proposed spinoff is subject to many factors and more details will be shared with the marketplace in the coming months.

• Are AIR MILES Collector Account balances safe?
    Yes. Collectors can continue to get and use Reward Miles with great confidence.

Should we expect big changes to the AIR MILES Reward Program due to this announcement?

The AIR MILES Reward Program remains singularly focused and committed to creating exceptional value for our Collectors, Sponsors and Rewards Partners. You can continue to get Miles at more than 300 national and online Sponsors, and to use Miles for thousands of Rewards including everyday essentials with AIR MILES Cash, merchandise, travel and more. In the past year, as Canadians changed the way they shop and spend their leisure time, we responded with significant enhancements to the Program, including:

• · Adding 86 highly sought-after brands to airmilesshops.ca, giving Collectors the ability to get Miles from the comfort of their home while shopping online for marquee brands such as Indigo, Hudson’s Bay, Sephora, Amazon, Walmart, Samsung and more.
  • · Adding market-leading brands to our Rewards portfolio such as Spotify, PlayStation, Uber Eats, DoorDash and more.
  • · Adding 55 local brands across Canada such as Canadian Appliance Source, All-Purpose Realty Services and select Hyundai dealerships.

To keep up to date on all the Program news including Sponsors, Bonus Offers and Rewards, visit airmiles.ca or download the AIR MILES App.

Regards
Mel

https://www.paymentssource.com/news...-loyalty-unit-that-operates-canadas-air-miles

Last edited:
Hi hope it is okay to ask this question here. After we booked our tickets through air miles for Disney are we able to upgrade the tickets? Like I'm thinking about buying to five day tickets for February 2022. If I have to switch that to later in the year and want to upgrade to seven day tickets am I able to do that? Would it be online?

I was also wondering if I would be able to change the dates on Universal tickets but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask either! I'm new to air miles. Thanks!

No Bonus Boom talk yet?

I think I will be able to do 3 but children's place isn't part of it this time, which is normally one I do. So, shell for gas, bmo and online which I will cross everything posts properly. I have some other offers that line up, so double dipping on those.

Interesting to read the spin off news, I hope it works out. Or perhaps I will be taking a trip this summer, or getting something from merchandise.

Hi hope it is okay to ask this question here. After we booked our tickets through air miles for Disney are we able to upgrade the tickets? Like I'm thinking about buying to five day tickets for February 2022. If I have to switch that to later in the year and want to upgrade to seven day tickets am I able to do that? Would it be online?

I was also wondering if I would be able to change the dates on Universal tickets but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask either! I'm new to air miles. Thanks!
You can switch dates and add days to AM tickets. Pre Covid you had to add days in person...no idea about right now. As to changing dates that you can do from home but the tickets need to be attached to MDE. If you think you might be changing the date I would recommend buying tickets with a lower cost and then paying OOP for any additional costs attached to the date change. If you initially buy tickets that cost more and then change to a lower cost start date you will lose those miles. You will be going through Redtag to get your tickets and once you make the purchase they have nothing more to do with it. They do not help you with making changes.

Here's my plan for Bonus Boom over the next week or so.

Sobeys - 95AM Cash (3 cards)
Foodland - 95AM Cash (3 cards)
Foodland - Lilydale chicken or turkey (1 card)
Foodland - Vitamin water (1 card)
BMO - $250 (GC from Metro, Amazon card from Shell purchase from Staples)

3 cards planned with minimal cash outlay will contribute 570AM towards holidays (total for 3 cards).

What do you have planned?

Issues with my BMO credit card today ,,,declined due to potential fraud ,,,spent 2 hours on phone twice fixing the problem.
They have credited my account with 150 Airmiles for the whole mess up.

I am only doing one card and finished it this morning
My 3 offers I did
Sobeys 2 x vitamin water $2.49 each (good to go)
Shell $10 purchase ( OPT In)
Sobeys Use 95 Cash Airmiles (OPT In)

Hugs
Mel

No stock of Toothbrushes & Toothpaste on the shelves yet so I just did 2 cereals for me and 3 for the food drive.
95 Bonus Airmiles
&
50 Aisles Miles
Total 145 Airmiles

Last edited:

Interesting to read the spin off news, I hope it works out. Or perhaps I will be taking a trip this summer, or getting something from merchandise.

My old steam mops (2) both died, and I just got a new one using AM on Wednesday. I used it yesterday, and I am pleased.

I usually buy something for my grandson's summer birthday from AM, but the only 'events and attractions' is movie vouchers, and I'm not sure that that is what I want to give him.

I did, however, find a bread baking kit that would be great for DD for Christmas. It 'costs' almost double what I would pay in the store, but 1) I probably wouldn't buy it in the store at that price and 2) no cash outlay. Since I'm not really thinking about flights/tickets right now, I'm good to spend my points. :)

I should be able to complete the bonus boom fairly easily. With the long weekend coming up and with the boat now ready to hit the water.
I should be able to do the following

1 - BMO credit card
2 - Shell - fill up that boat and truck so this momma can catch some fish lol
3 - Airmiles shop...with either Amazon for a couple of items that I am needing to complete a couple of projects or I am needing some new work shirts.
4 - Safeway - spend 95 Cash miles to get 10.00 is an easy one for me to complete.

So I should be easily be able to complete this one with minimal thinking. I have opted in online for whatever I could...so crossing my fingers. I've been in an AM slump for not really collecting the last little bit. It's time to step up my game now. I'm hoping to have enough miles collected for at least one of us to have our portion paid for our celebratory 50th birthday trip paid for with AM!!!! I am soooooooooo close. Now that the kids moved a little closer to us, I won't be dipping to take a quick flight to see the grandbaby. I can hop in the car and get there in a few hours now.

I have so many overlapping offers to keep track of right now & my mind is already a very messy place, this could end up causing a broken circuit or two :P

I got 2 MORE offers this morning, time to crack out at least a piece of paper or maybe a simple spreadsheet .. GAWD, I feel like a newb

Anyone wanting a separate thread to dump the bonus boom/bust offers in ? NO way it would be as detailed as my other ones, just to make it a bit easier to jump to if you have questions about specific offers or suggestions? OR is it fine to just leave it in here?

The Lawtons one is perfect timing.

The flyer has the following offer: spend $35 on Compliments products and earn 75 miles.

The first Bonus Boom offer is: spend $35 on Compliments products and earn 95 miles
The second Bonus Boom offer is: use 95 cash miles and earn 25 miles

Looks like a $35 purchase will net me 195 miles!

Happy Birthday Ottawamom!!!

Ah Hon you've had a rough time of it. ~~~~~Healing Hugs~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I injured my back a few years ago and lord I thought at the time my life was over.
Long story short (upset special needs student threatening to throw herself out a second story window). Of course I needed to get to her fast .
I turned quickly ,,,twisted and went over a &**^%$ student roller backpack landing on my tailbone.

I am so glad Physio is helping you a bit.
Yeah it is actually my sons who now remind me to be careful of re injuring my back ,,,they lost their mom for quite sometime.

The problem with back injuries is they can come back to haunt you.
I've been having some problems for the past while and I'm scheduled for a bunch of tests next week.
It may or may not be related to my previous injury ,,,we will see.
I have been putting it off due to Covid but it can't wait any longer.

It's great that you have a job that you love, congratulations.
I love that you are working with your daughter and her friends family to help them get set up and settled.
Remember no moving stuff!!!!

Points & Miles will always be around Hon ,,take care of you first!
Happy you are back.

Gentle hugs
Mel

Ohh gosh, I'm sorry. I hope you don't end up having a bad time with your back again! And thank you, yes, I'm doing much better now. Physio is reduced to once a week and a few days ago I went off my medicines completely. No more naproxen! I started 15 minutes a day on the treadmill again, trying to work my way up again. I realize it could have been a lot worse, and really, 3 weeks to walk again is a short time and I know people can struggle for months or their whole life. I was just so shocked as never in my past it took that long. Time to realize I'm getting older and be more careful. (wry grin)

Disaddict.. take care of you ! Backs are awful things when they hurt. I’m currently debating back to school for a non back breaking career..
Not much new here. Big kid started working full time hours this week for my cousin doing custom cabinets.. he’s learning all about working for family ..:)

Thank you!! (hugs!)
I hope your son enjoys his learning at wood working.

Anyone else get an email from Air Miles re: Spin-off of Program?

Yes, I did as well. I'm wondering what it's all about. The email did not really explain much I felt.

Reporting in for Bonus Boom. I just did the Metro - peanuts offer. The cashier punched in the code off the coupon and it showed up on the receipt as Bonus Offer 15AM. No PLU # appears on the receipt. The peanuts aren't on an AM offer in the flyer so I hope this is sufficient to generate the bonus. I will keep a copy of the flyer and staple to it a copy of the coupon just in case.

Got my vitamin water on my card yesterday , and started on my $250 on my MasterCard . Need gas today so that will be shell done . So 2/3 done ..
did an airmiles shop on my sons card today and he needs gas so he’s 2/3 after today too.. I can grab him more vitamin water today and guess he’s done actually

Bonus Boom just completed on 3 cards. Here's what I ended up doing.

Sobeys - redeem 95 AM cash (2 cards)
Foodland - redeem 95 AM cash ( 3 cards)
Foodland - Vitamin water (2 cards)(2.79x4)
Metro - Peanuts offer (1 card) (4.99x3)
BMO - $200 GC for Metro, Stapes shop (infamous printer ink and envelopes) spent >$250 total.

spent $26.13 (on those items) and will add 700AM to the cards (in total). Some of that was targeted offers for a threshold spend.

I had a Sobeys offer buy anything and get 95 AM. It did not show up on my receipt and still in my offers as un redeemed how am I supposed to use
This offer, do I need to show something beside my AM card?

I had a Sobeys offer buy anything and get 95 AM. It did not show up on my receipt and still in my offers as un redeemed how am I supposed to use
This offer, do I need to show something beside my AM card?
I would call the Sobeys my offers number and they will fix it up for you. It will be added to your account in a week or 2 and it will disappear from your offers 1-844-896-3337

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter