Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobey's promotions can vary depending where in the country you live. This promotion was in the Sobey's Ontario flyer. You may have it next week instead. Here's hoping.:genie:

Btw, has anyone checked their personal Sobeys offers lately? I just checked and have one to get 75AM if I spend $100 (expiring tomorrow), so I think that if I buy a $200GC tomorrow, I will actually get 175AM between the 2. That sounds pretty good to me! :)

If you click on the information for that coupon, it says that gift cards aren't included. I was hoping to do the same thing.

Boo-urns! Thanks for letting me know, at least I won't be disappointed at the cash!

Was just a Sobey's to get my gift card and airmiles. When they ran the $200 gift card through it came up with 190 yes 190 airmiles. They thought it might be a corporate glitch as they have nothing to do with the offer at the store level. They sent word to corporate but it may take some time for them to fix it.

I posted this here so it might get noticed and others can reap rewards. Will also post this in the Airmiles Alert thread. Please continue posting airmiles info there.

Here's hoping others can catch this deal.:daisy:

The girl at the cash asked if I had any loaded deals. I told her I had one for 60AM if I spent $75 so it couldn't have been that one. Usually the loaded coupons aren't good for gift card purchases so it couldn't have been that. I hope it takes them a while to figure this out and others can have the luck we did.

The girl at the cash asked if I had any loaded deals. I told her I had one for 60AM if I spent $75 so it couldn't have been that one. Usually the loaded coupons aren't good for gift card purchases so it couldn't have been that. I hope it takes them a while to figure this out and others can have the luck we did.

That's what I thought too but because I had a 90 loaded and nothing else, I thought that must have been it. Hopefully they don't fix it for a bit and people can take advantage of it.

I'm so jealous of all of you folks that have a Sobeys and Rexall! Safeway has bonus AM on a few things and cereal this week. If I feed my kids cereal for supper at least 3 days a week I could make it to the next AM Disney ticket. LOL

My hubby actually gets extremely excited when i declare that i'm to exhausted to even re-heat leftovers and he'll be having cereal. You'd think we was getting some sugary stuff instead of Shredded wheat or Rice Krispies!!

Well I spent $80 at Safeway and got 136 AM...but should have rec'd 166. Will check next week when I go, but I noticed some of you mentioned your am promos on certain products didn't show up sometimes with Sobeys'. Safeway is under Sobey's so maybe it's the same. Lesson learned...check rec't before you leave!

I keep a running total of the AM I have put into the shopping cart. When I check out the first thing I check it the AM earned. If it is less than what I thought it should be I pull my cart over to the side and compare my list to the receipt. I get those fixed before I leave the store.

I had an issue with a Pepperidge Farm promotion a few weeks back. I was told they would show up later. I waited and they didn't so I spoke with Customer Service and they said they should have shown up on my receipt at checkout. They added them for me in the end. Lesson learned I get my airmiles before I leave the store.

I keep a running total of the AM I have put into the shopping cart. When I check out the first thing I check it the AM earned. If it is less than what I thought it should be I pull my cart over to the side and compare my list to the receipt. I get those fixed before I leave the store.

I do this as well, and also try to remember to scan the AM card when I start, so the bonuses show up on the screen as things are scanned. It depends if there is someone in line ahead of me though, so I have time to watch as things are scanned through.

Just got home from Rexall and using my coupon that gave me 40 AM for every $30.00 spent i did 4 separate transactions and ended up with 238 AM ... not too shabby since i only spent $160. Several of the items i bought also had bonus AM on them ... yeah me!

You're lucky you got the extra AM. I find Rexall is hit or miss when it comes to them added the item specific AM when you use a bonus coupon. I was in earlier this week with one from a cash receipt spend $30 get 50 AM. I got the 50 but one of the items I purchased should have had 15AM as well. They didn't show up on the receipt or in my account. I'm not going back to the store over 15AM.

If you shop on a Friday at Rexall you will receive a coupon at the bottom of your receipt for 50AM when you spend $30 (good Mon-Thu the following week).

I've had the same problems with AM promos at A&P. I also heard this week that Toys R Us and Michaels have dropped Air Miles altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter