Airmiles Armchair Chatter

After reflecting on this I think @ilovetotravel1977 has is right. If during the month you spend $1000 at eligible partners, normally that would generate 100AM but during this offer it will generate 200AM. I hope there is a Sobeys GC offer during this time if thats the case.

Happy New Year everyone!
I have been super busy since early October, finally feeling less rushed.
It has been really hard to earn airmiles lately, I was barely able to earn enough for one 3 day park hopper ticket to Universal studios (I had to buy the other two) and then I used the Onyx personal shopper to buy one 2 day single park WDW pass (again only 1/3 of the required passes). The good news is I learned a lot in the last year since booking my vacation, and I won't book again until I have a solid base of at least 20,000 airmiles.
I was invited to join Shell Go+ this year, and one of the perks is 5¢ off per litre on weekends, so that paired with the Sobeys discount coupon I will get 9¢ off per litre when I fill up later today.

Looking to book a two night stay via the Airmiles Hub and have a question.
I will not be using miles to pay but using cash.(will be getting Airmiles though).
My work had issues with my receipt last year --booked via Expedia.ca and no receipt from the hotel.
Will I get a receipt that I can submit to my employer if I use the Airmiles Hub?

Thanks
Mel

Last edited:
Looking to book a two night stay via the Airmiles Hub and have a question.
I will not be using miles to pay but using cash.(will be getting Airmiles though).
My work had issues with my receipt last year --booked via Expedia.ca and no receipt from the hotel.
Will I get a receipt that I can submit to my employer if I use the Airmiles Hub?

Thanks
Mel
You will only get the receipt from the booking agent.- Airmiles or Expedia.

I have booked with Agoda and always got hotel receipts when I checked out. Never booked hotel with Expedia or Airmiles so I am not sure about their practices. But Agoda is third party too.

I ordered two of my 7/day adult tickets! Super excited. They have already shipped and are supposed to be here tomorrow. Ordered on the first. So quick! I seriously had trouble hitting the purchase button. It's like a $1000 purchase (in AM), but I don't spend money like that. It gave me a bit of an anxious feeling, if that makes sense.

Still one more ticket to go. It will cost more, but it's still "free". A big thanks to everyone who post deals. I would not have made this many am without the help.

I ordered two of my 7/day adult tickets! Super excited. They have already shipped and are supposed to be here tomorrow. Ordered on the first. So quick! I seriously had trouble hitting the purchase button. It's like a $1000 purchase (in AM), but I don't spend money like that. It gave me a bit of an anxious feeling, if that makes sense.

Still one more ticket to go. It will cost more, but it's still "free". A big thanks to everyone who post deals. I would not have made this many am without the help.
It is hard to see that balance go down isn’t it ?! Congratulations on your tickets! :)

This is really a Shop the Block question. BMO offer. Has anyone received their 50 or 100AM for completing this offer yet. I never got the email some of you did regarding progress so far. I know I opted in but now I'm a little worried something didn't work correctly with my offer.

This is really a Shop the Block question. BMO offer. Has anyone received their 50 or 100AM for completing this offer yet. I never got the email some of you did regarding progress so far. I know I opted in but now I'm a little worried something didn't work correctly with my offer.
I haven’t received those miles yet and I don’t ever get BMO emails, despite checking all my settings. I don’t think they have posted yet .

Hi Ottawamom
I haven't got mine yet ,,I opted in for the BMO offer.
Hugs
Mel

I can’t help but wonder if they track me when I calm you chase miles and are like oh it’s her again ha I’m not a complainer usually but I feel like I’m going to get labeled .. it’s usually staples issues I think I’m going to stop ordering from there altogether ..

Speaking of complaining lol I bought a dryer last week at Lowe’s. Was to be delivered yesterday 11-1. Had a friend sit at my house till I got home from hockey . I paid for her lunch (etransfered her as a thanks ) no call nothing called Lowe’s at 2.. yep they confirmed im scheduled from 11-1.. then said it’s a third party delivery company so they can’t even contact them. They call me at 3 to say no idea when I firmly say I’ve got somewhere to be at 430 they tell me to reschedule . I went on social media and well complained . So now my next day off is Tuesday so sometime Tuesday but they were fully booked for Tuesday so ??
im at laundrymat now so technically this delivery has messed up 3 days yesterday this am ( and cost me over $20 so far for 5 loads ) and Tuesday .
I keep getting the third party excuse and it’s getting old . I don’t normally want nor ask for compensation but I think something is in order here.. they said you didn’t pay for delivery it was free so like that makes it ok..
What do I say ? what do I ask for ? Am I being unreasonable ha ha it was a rough day yesterday
Praying for a blue Friday on Friday . I’m so close to the second Disney pass .. I thought about transferring from my kids acct but at .15 a mile it’s about 100 miles .. should I wait ? $100 for a 7 day pass is awesome and lord knows I can use the miles elsewhere .. I just don’t want them to run out before feb 7 lol
Happy Sunday all from the laundrymat

Last edited:
I have not received mine yet, but I'm thinking that it might come on my January statement (16th).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter