Airlines, which one??

Darcy

Well behaved women rarely make history-Margaret Th
Hey all,

I need help chosing an anirline, so far I've mostly flown Delta, as I usually from a small hub.

I found great tickets...$203 RT from Portland OR, but there is a choice of airlines. I was wondering which I should try first.

The chioces are American Airlines, Continental, US airlines, and Delta.

Traveling with kids, so individual seat screens would be awesome, but is that not in coach?

:teleport: I wish we could just teleport

I have flown on all those airlines except Continental and never saw individual seat screens in coach. Jet Blue has them though....... (they're not flying from PHL yet) :rolleyes:

My first criteria would be which one, if any, had a non-stop flight. That would be preferable for me, especially with kids. Next would be times that work for you - some airlines (USAirways comes to mind here in PHL) have flights to MCO almost hourly, others have one or two a day. And do you have a mileage account with any of the airlines? Frankly, that is no longer my strongest determining factor, but it is with many folks.

Darcy said:
Hey all,

I need help chosing an anirline, so far I've mostly flown Delta, as I usually from a small hub.

I found great tickets...$203 RT from Portland OR, but there is a choice of airlines. I was wondering which I should try first.

The chioces are American Airlines, Continental, US airlines, and Delta.

Traveling with kids, so individual seat screens would be awesome, but is that not in coach?

:teleport: I wish we could just teleport

None of the airlines you list have individual seat screens. In fact, depending on the type of plane you're on, you may not have any in-flight entertainment at all. If you can find out what kind of plane you're on for each leg of your trip, you can refer to www.seatguru.com to find out if there is any in-flight entertainment on your aircraft type.

I do know that Frontier Airlines flies from Portland to Orlando (with a plane change in Denver), I'm not sure of their prices (I know you didn't list them as an option), but they do have individual screens with DirecTV at each seat. I believe its $5 per flight per seat to view programming on it. Another option would be to purchase a portable DVD player and provide your own in-flight entertainment!

At the $203 price, I'd jump on those tickets quickly! That's a great rate, and I can't imagine it'll be around long!

$203 R/T is an awesome fare, I'd grab it from whatever airline has the best times for a N/S flight. If you still have a choice go with whichever airline has more daily flights.

You can rent a portable DVD player at the airport.

http://www.inmotionpictures.com/

If their isn't a nonstop, I would choose American. There usually on-time and friendly (at least at DTW)

I would choose Delta just because I support and fly them a lot. Delta rebooked us on American when we missed our delta flight because of weather and the american plane was junk. Very in need of repair. Delta also has tons of flights/options down south. So on the rare case you would miss a flight or a weather delay delta has a flight just about every hour from ATL-MCo.

Matt

I've taken Delta from Atlanta down to Orlando a few times. On a few of those flights we have little tv screen built into the back of the seats in front of us. Didn't have much playing on them since its a short fly down from Atlanta.

I usually fly American because they have a major hub near us (DFW). I do think they have a few planes with individual screens on the seats. I saw it on a news report here. I don't know if it is coach or if they abandoned that altogether with all the problems the airlines have been having. I've flown them several times since seeing that report and have never seen a screen, even in 1st class.

What about buying a DVD player or bring along a laptop to watch movies?

I'd go with the one that has the time you want and the one that is non-stop if you can or the one with the least number of stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter