Airlines never cease to amaze

Oh and something else I noticed. It was identified as a delayed bag, not lost. So they knew where it was all the time. Knew from the start it was not going to make it to me. Just an interesting tidbit that they had that designation

That makes me think it was a weight issue and it wasn't a mistake but planned by the airline. Especially since you said it’d fit under a seat.

That makes me think it was a weight issue and it wasn't a mistake but planned by the airline. Especially since you said it’d fit under a seat.
Unfortunately almost certainly not. AA flies exclusively the A321 and A319 from CLT to MCO, which are relatively big mainline aircraft and do not run with weight restrictions on that short of a flight. More likely the baggage handlers had already finished the aircraft and moved on to another so there was nobody available on the ramp to stuff it in the C-bin - CLT and PHX are very highly banked, which is why this occurs. ORD on the other hand really isn't as much because of slot congestion so it's less of an issue there.

The only other scheduled commercial service between those two airports is Frontier on an A321, and otherwise it's GA.

No, it meant they knew what they did and where it was the entire time.

Unfortunately almost certainly not. AA flies exclusively the A321 and A319 from CLT to MCO, which are relatively big mainline aircraft and do not run with weight restrictions on that short of a flight. More likely the baggage handlers had already finished the aircraft and moved on to another so there was nobody available on the ramp to stuff it in the C-bin - CLT and PHX are very highly banked, which is why this occurs. ORD on the other hand really isn't as much because of slot congestion so it's less of an issue there.

The only other scheduled commercial service between those two airports is Frontier on an A321, and otherwise it's GA.
Oh, he was there. He was standing there at the top of the ramp when I walked up to board, you know, the spot right at the top, by the door that goes out to ladder down to the tarmac, that's right there by the door to the airplane? I handed my bag to the bag handler there. He and I are the ones that talked about how it was odd that my bag had to be tagged

No, it meant they knew what they did and where it was the entire time.

So that makes me very confused why they wouldn’t just let you put it under your seat space? Unless you were in a seat without storage.

Can we not insult the people who do the work? They handle tens/hundreds of thousands of bags a day. Mistakes happen.

The things people stuff into overhead bins however to avoid paying for a checked bag.......no wonder there isn't space for everyone.

You only need to read a few threads on this very board to see how routinely people bring bags that are past the size limit on board aircraft. With no concern if they have to make it fit sideways, i.e take up someone else's bag space.

So that makes me very confused why they wouldn’t just let you put it under your seat space? Unless you were in a seat without storage.
You and me both. No I was not a seat with no underseat storage. I know what they are.
I fly often. I bring this backpack often. I know well what fits and what doesn't.
I know the process well. I have gold status with AA and normally board priority but connecting flight prevented us from our boarding in normal spot
The gate agent decided I had to gate check it. He tagged it was I walked down to jetway. There was no arguing with him. Not if I wanted on the plane

Sorry to hear about everyone's issues with luggage. We fly JetBlue and never had a luggage problem
Yes our carry on has our glasses, toothbrushes, a set of extra clothes, contacts, phone, whatever we need immediately.

For elite passengers, service tends to be very good for US airlines - which makes it even sadder than it's not good for everybody else, but that's what competitive pressures downwards from the likes of WN and NK have done to the industry - service cuts abound. B6 is definitely not my favorite airline at all, partly because of route network and partly because they're really not much better than anybody else. Alaska can be pretty good though, and they recognize my AA elite status. Also, MCO was one of the first Admirals Clubs to get the Coke Freestyle machines - yum!

JetBlue by far wins hands down for customer service e, only works if they fly to/from the airports you need to use, but they are the best.

JetBlue by far wins hands down for customer service e, only works if they fly to/from the airports you need to use, but they are the best.
Yeah, the best airline in the world is not very good when it doesn't fly to the airport near you, LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!