Airheaded :) borrowing points question

torismom

DIS Veteran
I have a Dec use year. I have borrowed some of my dec 2004 points.
When Dec 2004 rolls around am I able to then borrow my Dec 2005 points and combine them with my Dec 2004 points that did not get borrowed?

Thank you for your help with an airheaded question!!

Originally posted by torismom
I have a Dec use year. I have borrowed some of my dec 2004 points.
When Dec 2004 rolls around am I able to then borrow my Dec 2005 points and combine them with my Dec 2004 points that did not get borrowed?

Thank you for your help with an airheaded question!!
Yes.

You don't even have to wait until December 2004 "rolls around" to make a reservation that requires borrowing.

As long as the dates of your desired stay fall within your 2004 use year (12/1/2004 thru 11/30/2005), you can call MS to make a reservation when the reservation window opens (either 11 or 7 months ahead of departure, depending on whether you plan to stay at your home resort or a non-home resort).

Just wanted to remind you that you don't have to wait until 12/1/2004 to make a reservation - you can always do that when the window opens. As long as the points will be in your account when you arrive, you can make a reservation.

Best wishes -

P.S. That wasn't an airhead quesition!

Thanks for your reply.

I just wasnt sure since I would need to borrow into 2005 points. How many years in advance can you borrow? I am just curious.

Thanks again.

I am still trying to understand the point system.

How many years in advance can you borrow?

You can borrow one use year in advance of the use year that you are making the reservation in. So if you are making a reservation for December of 2005 for example, you could borrow your 2006 points to do it and you could have called in January of 2005 to make the reservation.

Good luck.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat:

So if you are making a reservation for December of 2005 for example, you could borrow your 2006 points to do it and you could have called in January of 2004 to make the reservation.

Don't you mean you could call in Jan. 2005 to make a Dec. 2005 reservation at the 11 month window (and borrow 2006 points if you wish)?

Originally posted by jekjones1558
Happy Birthday Cat:

Don't you mean you could call in Jan. 2005 to make a Dec. 2005 reservation at the 11 month window (and borrow 2006 points if you wish)?

That's what I meant and was thinking but not what I wrote. I fixed it. We just got back from a non Disney vacation and my brain is still filled with sand and sun. Thanks for the "heads up".

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter