Air travel policy updates

Hey guys - had a busy few days, just catching up on the news… with today’s announcement that the USA land border will be closed to non essential travel until at least Aug 21 - nothing changed crossing by air correct? I keep seeing headlines saying USA border still closed to non essential travel, but it’s just land border still? We are supposed to fly Aug 15 Toronto to Orlando round trip.
We are still flying out from Toronto on August 6th to Florida. Nothing changed with the US welcoming Canadians by air

At the Shoppers my parents are going to, they did have to book an appointment. They are only going to process 1 client an hour who needs the antigen test. My parents had to book separate appointments. Best to check with your local pharmacist how they are processing patients.
I did not pay when booking at shoppers. They said I didn't even need to book...but I did anyways. I'm in Windsor.

So, to fly to the States you don't actually have to provide a document that proves you had a negative test, you just have to attest to it? I was thinking I would have to go to Shoppers to do the rapid test to have some kind of documentation but I have rapid test here at my work and I am the facilitator for it, I could just give myself a test and as long as it is negative I can attest to it? 3 trips planned in the coming months, 1 will be Porter to Boston, West Jet to Vegas and then hopefully Southwest to Florida for Feb but it could be Air Canada depending on the border.

So, to fly to the States you don't actually have to provide a document that proves you had a negative test, you just have to attest to it? I was thinking I would have to go to Shoppers to do the rapid test to have some kind of documentation but I have rapid test here at my work and I am the facilitator for it, I could just give myself a test and as long as it is negative I can attest to it? 3 trips planned in the coming months, 1 will be Porter to Boston, West Jet to Vegas and then hopefully Southwest to Florida for Feb but it could be Air Canada depending on the border.
Unfortunately no you need both. The email I had from Delta stated 'Please still plan to bring a paper or digital copy of your negative test result to present prior to boarding. And, don't forget to complete and sign your attestation form.'

The one posted above is a standard form that you need to fill out to accompany your test results to fly to the States. Doesn’t vary by airline.
Yes, I think I downloaded our form from the US govt site. Alaska Airline had a link to it I think.

How many days ahead does can you book your Covid test at Walgreens?
I went on web site and you have to fill out forms and questions before you get to booking. Also do you have to make an account? What does that do? It did say no acct was needed.

I know it is 72 hours maximum time before to test but is that time from when you board your flight or when you land? I think I have been reading to much info that it is all becoming a big blur.

Found it!!! 72 hours before scheduled departure...

Last edited:
Are all Shoppers doing the rapid tests now or just in the GTA? Like a previous poster, I was just going to do a self swab at work (healthcare) but i read the results myself so wouldn't have an official document.

I know it is 72 hours maximum time before to test but is that time from when you board your flight or when you land? I think I have been reading to much info that it is all becoming a big blur.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...-travellers-coming-into-canada#getting-tested
If you're driving to land border crossing, you must take a test in the United States within 72 hours of your planned entry into Canada.

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.
  • If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city

We just did a Shoppers antigen test yesterday for our flight to Orlando on Friday. Took about 15 min, results are paper only (no digital). It’s an official looking document though, with one of those labels like the ones that come with a prescription stuck on it. If I don’t post a follow up on Friday morning, the test worked to get us on our flight…

We’re getting the Antigen test a few hours before flight Saturday at YVR. $129
sure wish Shoppers here had the $40 antigen test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter